Elgin City 2021-22

Don’t think we are stronger, two good keepers but you can only play 1, Little seems an adequate replacement for Bronsky but nothing else has changed? We got bye with a good team unity and hard work last season but we need more quality. Heaven help us if Hester goes or gets injured and Cameron missing is a worry. May see a couple coming in yet though but can’t see them being anything other than young loan players.

I can't remember feeling less excited about the start of a new season for quite some time. Possibly down to reasons such as the short gap between the Euros finishing and the league campaign starting, the lack of discussion on here and the fact I might be playing football on Saturdays this season meaning I'm not sure how many games I'll get to.

Before beating East Fife I was a bit worried about this year, and if Soapy isn't fit that is a big blow (anyone know what's up/when he's expected back?). But that was a good result and the squad does look pretty strong, although I think we could do with another striker unless Peters steps up from last season. I think we should be in and around the play offs again.

Edited by afca32

Don’t take this as gospel but think £9.99 is for a streaming ticket and £12 for a match ticket to enter. Possibly £6 or £7 for concessions. If you go onto the Elgin City Facebook page there are links there for how to get on fanbase etc. There might be a turnstile open if the tickets are not sold.

That time of season again fresh start all to play for every fan thinking this is our year . Kelty hoping to do a Queen’s Park , Rangers , Livingston, Gretna, and stroll into the summer sun next year with the glory . While us City’s of Elgin & Edinburgh et all battle out for a semi final playoff place . [emoji460]️ love it . Need to get to Asda & back before 3pm again [emoji1490]

Completely understand that the travelling has become too much. I'm always surprised how many players/staff members are willing to cover such distances, even if it often is a good second income.

Good luck to Gibson in the future and hopefully we can make a decent appointment.