The Fife v The Queens

18 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

There’s been 12 post-match posts about the game and, including this one, 13 about our away shirt. Nuff said!

Game not remotely near as exciting as your away shirt. Does that qualify as one point each?

Fife came out the traps sharpish and not like the pish team being touted on here, running us a bit ragged. Thankfully Morrison and Fox sorted it out. Their goal was a peach but we should have been sharper to close it down 

So much possession but so few attempts on target. We need to be more clinical with more support for Murray.

EF were simply hanging on with 20 minutes to go. The timewasting was irritating but understandable; the keeper's attempt at tying his laces was like watching a chimp with a Rubik cube.

Two points lost but hopefully part of the learning process. 

Brown is simply the business. One of the most exciting talents I've seen at the Club in yonks.

Glad to see Watt stepping up with a goal. With Agnew away & Swanson injured, it's time he took his chance & gets a run in the team. Hopefully we'll see more from him, he's been here long enough! I thought he had his best games for us a couple of years back when Agnew was out with his shoulder injury. Also, I wasn't too confident with our choice of keeper, but to be fair he looked steady enough yesterday. A welcome point.

15 hours ago, an86 said:

Mad stuff and gimmicks makes small clubs money. See Kingsley, the Thistle mascot, and this for prime examples. I think we should make it our thing for the away strip to be mental. A wild design will make money from strip collectors.

QP are in need of the cash right enough.

Just now, Mick1867 said:

Aye, we've got a ground to build. You seen the nick of it?

Is that not well covered with the sale of your old ground and the fact you've got a multi-millionaire bank rolling the entire shebang? My comment was tongue in cheek tbh, QP are quite right to try and generate interest in the club in anyway they can, if some bizarre looking strips are how you do it then I don't have a problem with that. I'm just not sure revenue from weirdo shirt collectors will be high on the QP boards list. 

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

Is that not well covered with the sale of your old ground and the fact you've got a multi-millionaire bank rolling the entire shebang? My comment was tongue in cheek tbh, 

I realise it was. Mine was a bit as well.

Tbh, I know he's funding the players and coaches full time wages but not sure how involved he is with the ground re-development. Hampden sale should cover most of it but last I heard we don't have all that money yet from the SFA and god knows what legal fees we are running up right now as we try to settle the dispute with the building contractor. There's a QP members meeting next month where we are allegedly gonna get telt all the gory details   

1 hour ago, Mick1867 said:

I realise it was. Mine was a bit as well.

Tbh, I know he's funding the players and coaches full time wages but not sure how involved he is with the ground re-development. Hampden sale should cover most of it but last I heard we don't have all that money yet from the SFA and god knows what legal fees we are running up right now as we try to settle the dispute with the building contractor. There's a QP members meeting next month where we are allegedly gonna get telt all the gory details   

Just been on the website and low and behold the office is now open Mon-Fri, amazing, does this have anything to do with the new full timer, who I understand is the current Treasurer's daughter, so I hear. Do not remember seeing an advert anywhere for this new position!!

On 31/07/2021 at 19:58, an86 said:

First half was really poor. Really conservative with the ball, nobody taking their man on or trying to make a killer pass. Real huff and puff drudgery. Nice finish by Watt, but we didn’t make it difficult for them to get into a goal scoring position.

Much better second half. We were much more purposeful and creative with Moore missing a couple of really good chances. Great header from big Fox for the goal. Thought he looked very ropey in the first half, but much, much better in the second half. As others have said, Brown was outstanding again. Looks like the player everyone thought he could be when he came on the scene.

Same old song as the other games we haven’t won. We simply have to take our chances. Should have beaten Motherwell, Airdrie and won this one. Still Grant, Kilday, Quitongo and Longridge to come back, albeit Longridge had a wee cameo today. Would expect another couple of bodies in as well. Not a terrible result, but feels like a couple of points dropped. 

We had more possession than any team in the 3 lower leagues on Saturday and only Dunfermline and Morton equalled our number of shots on goal.  This is becoming a pattern.

I don't think Murray as a lone striker works and it looks as though the boss has given up on McHugh. I was genuinely surprised he didn't bring him on on Saturday. Even with Baynham fit, we need another striker.

I agree with everyone that Brown exudes class and Fox got better the longer the game went on.

I think Biggar looks as good or better than Brown was before he moved to Motherwell and I'd like to see him given a bit of a run in the team.

17 hours ago, Arachnophile said:

I think Biggar looks as good or better than Brown was before he moved to Motherwell 

Bold statement given Brown was arguably our best midfielder on the pitch in a play off final. I've yet to see Biggar produce such a performance. I'm sure he has it in him though or he wouldn't be here 

2 hours ago, Mick1867 said:

Bold statement given Brown was arguably our best midfielder on the pitch in a play off final. I've yet to see Biggar produce such a performance. I'm sure he has it in him though or he wouldn't be here 

Yeah Biggar has clear ability but I don’t think I’d put him in the bracket that Brown was in back in 2016 as of yet either. Brown was miles ahead of lots of league 2 teams even at 16/17 years old 

Pretty sure he was quite rightly hyped up to be one of the main men in our league 1 campaign  in 2016/17 but struggled with the physicality aspect. 

Once Biggar bulks up more I’m sure he’ll be a very decent player for us as he’s very tidy on the ball 

4 hours ago, Mick1867 said:

Perhaps I shouldn't have compared him to Liam - comparisons like that are inevitably subjective and I liked Liam in his first spell with us & I think he has started brilliantly since he returned.

I guess the point I'm making is that Biggar has shown enough to merit a run in the first team even when (if) we are up to full strength. We were sold the professional thing as being, at least partly, about developing youth. That doesn't mean he needs to start every single game but I'd hate to see him left to stew on the bench once the "big names" return.