The Fife v The Queens

5 minutes ago, WhoAmI said:

I see you didn’t mention Davidson amongst the injured. Anyone know what is wrong with him???
ps team battled away very well today and got a hard earned point but they can’t keep this up week in week out. Need quality additions to the squad asap

Davidson  injured.  Great work today everyone  gave their all. Higgins was immense

22 minutes ago, WhoAmI said:

I see you didn’t mention Davidson amongst the injured. Anyone know what is wrong with him???
ps team battled away very well today and got a hard earned point but they can’t keep this up week in week out. Need quality additions to the squad asap

Davidson wasn't on the bench. So unlikely to return next week I would imagine. 

Agreed that we need to strengthen given our current predicament with injuries etc. 

Suspect we’ll see a lot of games like that this season. When you pack nearly everyone into a third of the pitch it’s very difficult to get a clean shot at goal. 4 on target from 15, and two of them were free kicks. Praise for Fox for the goal. Despite all the possession and control it took a dead ball and a big lump of a defender for the goal. He’s certainly improving quickly. Also thought Morrison looked comfortable alongside him.

Service to Murray was poor. Number of long passes/crosses that went straight to a Fife player was incredible. Moore had the best chance of the game but as at Annan not even close to the goal. Industrious enough but I’m still insure as to what impact he makes.

Longridge looked comfy coming back in. Thomson had five mins but demonstrated how Belief at Rangers is part of the DNA. His speculative 25 yarder was the best effort we had, other than big Charlie’s of course.

First half was really poor. Really conservative with the ball, nobody taking their man on or trying to make a killer pass. Real huff and puff drudgery. Nice finish by Watt, but we didn’t make it difficult for them to get into a goal scoring position.

Much better second half. We were much more purposeful and creative with Moore missing a couple of really good chances. Great header from big Fox for the goal. Thought he looked very ropey in the first half, but much, much better in the second half. As others have said, Brown was outstanding again. Looks like the player everyone thought he could be when he came on the scene.

Same old song as the other games we haven’t won. We simply have to take our chances. Should have beaten Motherwell, Airdrie and won this one. Still Grant, Kilday, Quitongo and Longridge to come back, albeit Longridge had a wee cameo today. Would expect another couple of bodies in as well. Not a terrible result, but feels like a couple of points dropped. 

It's good QP are getting money for wearing this strip. But honestly there should be a Health Warning issued  for supporters  prior to them coming on the park. In 65 years of watching football I have never ever seen anything so grotesque 

At the end of the day, that’s 2 points dropped and until we bring in another striker, I imagine there will be a continued frustration with the lack of cutting edge. Murray starts every day of the week for me but I’m unconvinced by Moore’s ability to score goals. A quick look at his career and he’s not prolific at all and the glaring chance he had yesterday proved that. From what I’ve heard by all accounts, Ellis may be looking for another attacking option. I imagine Mchugh not even coming on is an indicator of what Ellis thinks of his performances in a qp jersey so far. 

The 2nd half was a vast improvement from the 1st and when it clicks, we can play some cracking football. Fox gave me the fear 1st half but after his goal, he looked a totally different player and dominated that backline and his surging runs forward were brilliant. Hopefully he can kick on cause from that 2nd half, there’s a player there.

I’m unsure whether Davidson is a better option than Lyon. Lyon doesn’t stand out but what he is good at is arriving late in the box and scoring the odd goal. Too many times yesterday we had only one or two men in the box which was never gonna cause problems. Murray wasn’t at it but the overall service wasn’t good enough. 

Special mention again to Liam Brown. Based on this season’s performances, I’m astonished that teams in the championship hadn’t picked him up before us. His composure and ability on the ball, alongside having the nasty part to his game is streets ahead of league 1 and I’m buzzing to see him play this season. lucky we’ve got him on a 3 year deal. Very clear to see why we’ve paid a fee for him 

Wouldve felt comfortable going into the cove game next week with 3 points in the bag but if we’re to have aspirations of winning the league, you’ve got to beat the teams around you. Will be a good indicator, should be an exciting game 

Edited by qpfc

17 minutes ago, flyfifer48 said:

It's good QP are getting money for wearing this strip. But honestly there should be a Health Warning issued  for supporters  prior to them coming on the park. In 65 years of watching football I have never ever seen anything so grotesque 

Given that you've been watching football for 65 years it's not surprising that you would prefer ,may I suggest, something more traditional perhaps?. The supporters shop have sold over 1200 of these groundbreaking design strips to fans all over the world. Try to keep up...

44 minutes ago, qpfc said:

I’m unsure whether Davidson is a better option than Lyon.

Wouldve felt comfortable going into the cove game next week with 3 points in the bag but if we’re to have aspirations of winning the league, you’ve got to beat the teams around you. Will be a good indicator, should be an exciting game 

Davidson has been our weakest link in every game so far. Not a criticism, he’s just not ready for this level yet but will develop as a squad player. He’s been used in 3 separate positions which I’m sure will cease when we’ve more players back in. If we had been leading at around 70 mins it’s probable that Lyon would have got a run. And as with any OF loanee I’d expect Thomson to start regularly too.

Ironically, I think we’ll do better against stronger teams who’ll attack us and give us room to attack from the back though the midfield. Laurie’s post-match highlighted how difficult this league will be and how our shape and tactics will need reconsidered for each opponent and venue. It was telling from the Fife support just how much their team had played above themselves, whereas we were a bit underwhelmed. Reality check, if needed.

1 hour ago, bridgeofweirdo said:

Given that you've been watching football for 65 years it's not surprising that you would prefer ,may I suggest, something more traditional perhaps?. The supporters shop have sold over 1200 of these groundbreaking design strips to fans all over the world. Try to keep up...

He's correct though. It's bowfing.

First up I will say I am not a great fan of East Fife’s strip but it seems to be liked by the majority of supporters, so be it. While I thought yesterday that your strip was absolutely awful I have no doubt that the majority of your supporters may take to it. The phrase only a face a mother can love springs to mind. As for groundbreaking design, I don’t go for that. The idea might have come from a Saturday night out when a young person not used to drinking a lot barfed down the front of his t-shirt and the designer decided to replicate that down the back and your strip was born.

First up I will say I am not a great fan of East Fife’s strip but it seems to be liked by the majority of supporters, so be it. While I thought yesterday that your strip was absolutely awful I have no doubt that the majority of your supporters may take to it. The phrase only a face a mother can love springs to mind. As for groundbreaking design, I don’t go for that. The idea might have come from a Saturday night out when a young person not used to drinking a lot barfed down the front of his t-shirt and the designer decided to replicate that down the back and your strip was born.
I wonder if you are aware how the design was actually conceived??

4 hours ago, flyfifer48 said:

Mad stuff and gimmicks makes small clubs money. See Kingsley, the Thistle mascot, and this for prime examples. I think we should make it our thing for the away strip to be mental. A wild design will make money from strip collectors.

In a world where we have to fight for publicity, we need to find positive and unconventional ways to get ourselves all over the internet and into the papers. If it looks daft, who really cares? It’s one that people will remember. I actually think we could do even more with the design in terms of merchandise and advertising.

Edited by an86

3 hours ago, bridgeofweirdo said:

No I'm all for radical  design but goodness   that's not radical it's farcical.  1200 out of a world wide population of billions seems rather insignificant . Probably proves there are 1200 that are more to be pitied than scorned.

38 minutes ago, flyfifer48 said:

No I'm all for radical  design but goodness   that's not radical it's farcical.  1200 out of a world wide population of billions seems rather insignificant . Probably proves there are 1200 that are more to be pitied than scorned.

Given our average home attendance is around 500, then selling 1200 away tops is actually rather good

Thanks for your pity though 

43 minutes ago, flyfifer48 said:

The success of club shop sales figures in the Scottish lower leagues are, of course, famously measured against global population. 

3 hours ago, WhoAmI said:

I wonder if you are aware how the design was actually conceived??

Mmmmm now let me think. No I don’t think I am aware how a Queens Park strip was conceived. Give me a few minutes to Google it if it is a global phenomenon.

1 hour ago, flyfifer48 said:

And the more of the maddies to be pitied that give us money, the better. It's become a bit of a cult top.

FWIW, I like a tartan strip but the EF version doesn't quite work.

Edited by Hampden Diehard