Jump to content

Motherwell v Hibernian


Recommended Posts

38 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

It's less funny when you know he's a Tory c**t though.

This is how modern new-age fitba' works. It's all very well being able to kick the ball about a bit, but when you need to hoof some unreasonably skilled attacker back into the dressing room, or feign a life-threatening injury to get the other guy's star player red carded, you need the refs onside. And as we all know, those c***s are heavily drawn from the insecure lower-middle class petit-bourgeousie. A modern top tier professional football team needs at least one card-carrying freemason/orangeman/rotary club member and a true blue Toryboy as a point of social and emotional contact with the match officiating classes. For those tense moments when refs are pondering 50-50 decisions, you need the ref to factor in which of the two offenders is one of us before he pulls the trigger - football is a game of tight margins, after all. When all eleven members of one team are members of the lower orders - and what's worse, to a man, these upstarts are all paid far, far, more than the ref even in his day job,  the referee's decisions are inevitably going to sway the other way, even if it's merely through subconscious resentment. There is even a theory in social psychology that football refereeing is actually a psychological sublimation of the urge by the middle classes to keep the upwardly mobile working classes  in their place, through authoritarian role-play.

This is why Joe Newell's red card moment the other day didn't come with a Scottish referee, but with some half-blind numpty from the far frozen Icelandic wastes. No Scottish, or English referee - no matter the state of their rulebook knowledge or eyesight - would have fucked over an actual card-carrying Conservative and Unionist Party member that badly. Questions would have to be answered at the lodge.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't think it's been particularly mentioned but, after all the talk about making 2000 tickets available for Hibs supporters, the official attendance was announced as 5230. It certainly looked busier than that, maybe because everyone was spread out, but still a good bit short of the 6500. Plenty of people still on holiday and I get that a few might not be completely comfortable in a crowd but I thought the novelty factor would have generated more demand.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Archie McSquackle said:

I don't think it's been particularly mentioned but, after all the talk about making 2000 tickets available for Hibs supporters, the official attendance was announced as 5230. It certainly looked busier than that, maybe because everyone was spread out, but still a good bit short of the 6500. Plenty of people still on holiday and I get that a few might not be completely comfortable in a crowd but I thought the novelty factor would have generated more demand.

With 1800 away fans it meant we had 3500 at best.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Archie McSquackle said:

I don't think it's been particularly mentioned but, after all the talk about making 2000 tickets available for Hibs supporters, the official attendance was announced as 5230. It certainly looked busier than that, maybe because everyone was spread out, but still a good bit short of the 6500. Plenty of people still on holiday and I get that a few might not be completely comfortable in a crowd but I thought the novelty factor would have generated more demand.

Again the 4500 home fans was including all season ticket holders but I bet a few didn't want to go to the earlier games. I mean around 3000 home fans turning up at this stage for a club of our size is still impressive.

Also you have to remember our normal attendances vary around the 3500 to 4000 mark so it was a near normal level. Expect us to give away fans tickets for all of our home games however.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Phillips455 said:

Again the 4500 home fans was including all season ticket holders but I bet a few didn't want to go to the earlier games. I mean around 3000 home fans turning up at this stage for a club of our size is still impressive.

Also you have to remember our normal attendances vary around the 3500 to 4000 mark so it was a near normal level. Expect us to give away fans tickets for all of our home games however.

Not sure how many season tickets we have in the Phil O'Donnell Stand but I had missed all the comms on this when on holiday and chanced going into the ticket office on Friday to see what they could do for me.  Unbeknownst to me at that point, this was the answer...

Fir Park View.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Pettigrew said:

Not sure how many season tickets we have in the Phil O'Donnell Stand but I had missed all the comms on this when on holiday and chanced going into the ticket office on Friday to see what they could do for me.  Unbeknownst to me at that point, this was the answer...

It's hard to tell from this post, so please tell me that this view is from a walk-up match ticket, and it's not your new Season Ticket berth.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

It's hard to tell from this post, so please tell me that this view is from a walk-up match ticket, and it's not your new Season Ticket berth.

100% not my usual seat!  I am assuming it was the last thing available in that stand.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I didn't know there even was such a thing as a restricted view seat at Fir Park - the few times I've been in the Main Stand over the years, it's been in hospitality, so the centre seats....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...