Motherwell v Hibernian

2 hours ago, Desp said:

Throughly enjoyable game of fitba, that. Had everything for my first game back in 18 months apart from the ideal result. 

Hibs are a very good side, and following the recent Airdrie debacle, we matched them for most of that game. We'll be alright this season. 

As i said earlier, Slattery will be an excellent player when fully up to speed. Another midfielder will be excellent alongside him and Donnelly. 

Plenty has been said about van Veen already. Looks to be an excellent addition and looking forward to his many tricks, goals and red cards this season. Disappointed in Woolery today, heightened by his piss poor effort when through on goal at 2-2. 

All in all, a great afternoon. Great Hibs support through and a good home crowd.  The seethe from those around me after it went 3-2 and the Hibs goalie wasting time, Cerny-esq (when Kelly was doing it at every available opportunity when we were ahead), was brilliant! :lol: it's great to be home. 

A great advert for the cinch. Scottish Football is unrivalled. 

Agree with pretty much all of that. Hibs will have another very good season and I also think we will do ok. A really good game of football with plenty of quality which is sadly often missing in the top flight of Scottish football. I though over the 90 minutes Hibs just shaded it but a draw would not have been a travesty by any means. Van Veen is an instant crowd favourite ( it won’t be dull watching him for sure) but I’ve massive hope for Slattery who could well go on to be the next player moving on for big money, he ran out of steam but you could see very early on he’s got real technical ability.

3 hours ago, Leith Green said:

According to Sky today, since Ross started the only teams to take more points are Rangers and Celtic.

Other sides need to up their game - Sheep and Jambos specifically - to stop us being 3rd. 

Was this factoid not about Alexander?

I don’t know the rules about ‘multi-ball’ but the Hibs substitute being sent behind the Motherwell goal to retrieve the spare ball on 40 minutes and Craig Samson hiding it behind the seats in the dug out was strange.

Samson also complained at the start of the second half and the ball was removed from behind the Hibs goal, then the Motherwell camera girl went and retrieved the ball from the dug out and placed it up beside Burrows.

After that drama it was anti climatic to going back to watch the match.

Boy, what a game that was.

Due to tickets going on sale late in the day, having a family thing I’d agreed to attend beforehand and the trains being off I decided to give this a miss which proved a poor decision.

Having said that I loved watching it with my family too and having fans back in the ground made for a far superior spectacle and I dare say without them the game would have probably been fairly dull and finished nothing like a 3-2.

Both halves were pretty much end to end, both teams trying to win the game and it wouldn’t surprise me to see Motherwell end up in the top six. 

By far and away Kyle Magennis’ best performance for us, finally looking like he’s not a total waste of money, long may it continue. I thought Porteous played well, Van Veen (who was terrific) gave him a tough game but his ball skills got us out of a lot of tricky situations.

Fancy Motherwell to be good fun this season with Van Veen, Watt and Woolery who looked quick and a real handful, they’ll score a lot of goals.

I've been as big a Jack Ross sceptic as there’s been but if we had entertainment like that every week then I would definitely change my tune.

Gutted Doig’s heading off into the sunset, the only time I saw him in the flesh was for Hibs Colts against Elgin in the Caramel Wafer Cup, my favourite player to watch last season but the figures being spoken about are about fair.

28 minutes ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

Maguire being on the wrong side of his man didnt help matters

The commentary were saying the move from Nisbett was amazing but it's entirely Maguire's fault for me. Why the f**k's he showing him into the box from there ffs. 

12 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

The commentary were saying the move from Nisbett was amazing but it's entirely Maguire's fault for me. Why the f**k's he showing him into the box from there ffs. 

No idea, he looked at fault to me, from my Davie Cooper Stand vantage point...and even more so when I seen the highlights on TV

18 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

I really want Maguire to be good, but I just don't think it's going to happen.

1 hour ago, Mr. Brightside said:

Certainly not going to happen on the left of a 3.

1 hour ago, Mr. Brightside said:

I reckon he'll make a semi-decent career in the championship here but I cannae see him storming on to a game for us. I'd be delighted if he comes on to a game but f we were to sign another decent midfielder I'd bench him and fire Crawford straight into a taxi elsewhere.