Motherwell v Hibernian

I don’t know the rules about ‘multi-ball’ but the Hibs substitute being sent behind the Motherwell goal to retrieve the spare ball on 40 minutes and Craig Samson hiding it behind the seats in the dug out was strange.

Samson also complained at the start of the second half and the ball was removed from behind the Hibs goal, then the Motherwell camera girl went and retrieved the ball from the dug out and placed it up beside Burrows.

After that drama it was anti climatic to going back to watch the match.

Boy, what a game that was.

Due to tickets going on sale late in the day, having a family thing I’d agreed to attend beforehand and the trains being off I decided to give this a miss which proved a poor decision.

Having said that I loved watching it with my family too and having fans back in the ground made for a far superior spectacle and I dare say without them the game would have probably been fairly dull and finished nothing like a 3-2.

Both halves were pretty much end to end, both teams trying to win the game and it wouldn’t surprise me to see Motherwell end up in the top six. 

By far and away Kyle Magennis’ best performance for us, finally looking like he’s not a total waste of money, long may it continue. I thought Porteous played well, Van Veen (who was terrific) gave him a tough game but his ball skills got us out of a lot of tricky situations.

Fancy Motherwell to be good fun this season with Van Veen, Watt and Woolery who looked quick and a real handful, they’ll score a lot of goals.

I've been as big a Jack Ross sceptic as there’s been but if we had entertainment like that every week then I would definitely change my tune.

Gutted Doig’s heading off into the sunset, the only time I saw him in the flesh was for Hibs Colts against Elgin in the Caramel Wafer Cup, my favourite player to watch last season but the figures being spoken about are about fair.

12 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

The commentary were saying the move from Nisbett was amazing but it's entirely Maguire's fault for me. Why the f**k's he showing him into the box from there ffs. 

No idea, he looked at fault to me, from my Davie Cooper Stand vantage point...and even more so when I seen the highlights on TV

18 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

The commentary were saying the move from Nisbett was amazing but it's entirely Maguire's fault for me. Why the f**k's he showing him into the box from there ffs. 

I really want Maguire to be good, but I just don't think it's going to happen.

1 hour ago, Mr. Brightside said:

I really want Maguire to be good, but I just don't think it's going to happen.

I reckon he'll make a semi-decent career in the championship here but I cannae see him storming on to a game for us. I'd be delighted if he comes on to a game but f we were to sign another decent midfielder I'd bench him and fire Crawford straight into a taxi elsewhere.

38 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

It's less funny when you know he's a Tory c**t though.

This is how modern new-age fitba' works. It's all very well being able to kick the ball about a bit, but when you need to hoof some unreasonably skilled attacker back into the dressing room, or feign a life-threatening injury to get the other guy's star player red carded, you need the refs onside. And as we all know, those c***s are heavily drawn from the insecure lower-middle class petit-bourgeousie. A modern top tier professional football team needs at least one card-carrying freemason/orangeman/rotary club member and a true blue Toryboy as a point of social and emotional contact with the match officiating classes. For those tense moments when refs are pondering 50-50 decisions, you need the ref to factor in which of the two offenders is one of us before he pulls the trigger - football is a game of tight margins, after all. When all eleven members of one team are members of the lower orders - and what's worse, to a man, these upstarts are all paid far, far, more than the ref even in his day job,  the referee's decisions are inevitably going to sway the other way, even if it's merely through subconscious resentment. There is even a theory in social psychology that football refereeing is actually a psychological sublimation of the urge by the middle classes to keep the upwardly mobile working classes  in their place, through authoritarian role-play.

This is why Joe Newell's red card moment the other day didn't come with a Scottish referee, but with some half-blind numpty from the far frozen Icelandic wastes. No Scottish, or English referee - no matter the state of their rulebook knowledge or eyesight - would have fucked over an actual card-carrying Conservative and Unionist Party member that badly. Questions would have to be answered at the lodge.

I don't think it's been particularly mentioned but, after all the talk about making 2000 tickets available for Hibs supporters, the official attendance was announced as 5230. It certainly looked busier than that, maybe because everyone was spread out, but still a good bit short of the 6500. Plenty of people still on holiday and I get that a few might not be completely comfortable in a crowd but I thought the novelty factor would have generated more demand.

1 hour ago, Archie McSquackle said:

I don't think it's been particularly mentioned but, after all the talk about making 2000 tickets available for Hibs supporters, the official attendance was announced as 5230. It certainly looked busier than that, maybe because everyone was spread out, but still a good bit short of the 6500. Plenty of people still on holiday and I get that a few might not be completely comfortable in a crowd but I thought the novelty factor would have generated more demand.

With 1800 away fans it meant we had 3500 at best.

1 hour ago, Archie McSquackle said:

Again the 4500 home fans was including all season ticket holders but I bet a few didn't want to go to the earlier games. I mean around 3000 home fans turning up at this stage for a club of our size is still impressive.

Also you have to remember our normal attendances vary around the 3500 to 4000 mark so it was a near normal level. Expect us to give away fans tickets for all of our home games however.

11 minutes ago, Phillips455 said:

Again the 4500 home fans was including all season ticket holders but I bet a few didn't want to go to the earlier games. I mean around 3000 home fans turning up at this stage for a club of our size is still impressive.

Also you have to remember our normal attendances vary around the 3500 to 4000 mark so it was a near normal level. Expect us to give away fans tickets for all of our home games however.

Not sure how many season tickets we have in the Phil O'Donnell Stand but I had missed all the comms on this when on holiday and chanced going into the ticket office on Friday to see what they could do for me.  Unbeknownst to me at that point, this was the answer...

Fir Park View.jpg