NRJFA Leagues

GNU_Linux

On 11/03/2024 at 18:50, welshbairn said:

I think Dyce were about to apply before the SFA closed the books for new applicants, no idea if they've opened it up again. Just my impression, could be Dyce aren't ready. 

They’re not interested as far as I know. Too big a step & not willing to risk the future of the club. Plus Aberdeen now has 2 teams in the national league and one very successful team in the Highland League. Is there room and support for a fourth team at HL or above? Doubt it.

34 minutes ago, Ivo den Bieman said:

They’re not interested as far as I know. Too big a step & not willing to risk the future of the club. Plus Aberdeen now has 2 teams in the national league and one very successful team in the Highland League. Is there room and support for a fourth team at HL or above? Doubt it.

Getting licensed doesn't mean aiming to be a Highland League club, let alone anything higher. I doubt Fort William, Golspie Sutherland or Wigtown & Bladnoch have a bigger committee than Dyce. They're able to make it work.

Golspie certainly aren't interested in promotion, nice bit of income being able to rent out their ground to Brora this season though.

21 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Getting licensed doesn't mean aiming to be a Highland League club, let alone anything higher. I doubt Fort William, Golspie Sutherland or Wigtown & Bladnoch have a bigger committee than Dyce. They're able to make it work.

I don't think citing Fort William as a club who makes things work helps your case.

3 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

I don't think citing Fort William as a club who makes things work helps your case.

Actually it does. All their problems. The self-inflicted side-show they've become. There they are as members of the SFA.

1 hour ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Actually it does. All their problems. The self-inflicted side-show they've become. There they are as members of the SFA.

TBF actually losing an SFA license seems a pretty hard thing to do. The last club to do so (excluding clubs going pan bread) iirc was Aberdeen Uni in the 80's or thereabouts.

On 09/04/2024 at 21:05, GNU_Linux said:

TBF actually losing an SFA license seems a pretty hard thing to do. The last club to do so (excluding clubs going pan bread) iirc was Aberdeen Uni in the 80's or thereabouts.

Did Peebles (Rovers) ever have one? I might just be making that up but it rings a bell

9 minutes ago, Spyro said:

Did Peebles (Rovers) ever have one? I might just be making that up but it rings a bell

Peebles went junior in 1960s, returned in 1970s, but could not rejoin SFA as ground criteria had long since tightened since they first joined decades earlier. Aberdeen Uni forgot to renew their membership in 1986 apparently.

No licence renewal has been refused since scheme began c2010 IIRC... not 'newco' Rangers in 2012, or venue-less Cove in 2016, or Wigtown in 2017 who scratched from cup/mothballed/etc.

1 hour ago, HibeeJibee said:

Peebles went junior in 1960s, returned in 1970s, but could not rejoin SFA as ground criteria had long since tightened since they first joined decades earlier. Aberdeen Uni forgot to renew their membership in 1986 apparently.

No licence renewal has been refused since scheme began c2010 IIRC... not 'newco' Rangers in 2012, or venue-less Cove in 2016, or Wigtown in 2017 who scratched from cup/mothballed/etc.

Is there any word of the SFA opening up for new licence applications?