NRJFA Leagues

GNU_Linux

13 minutes ago, edinabear said:

Who could potentially get promoted to the Highland league this year regarding licensing

No team from the North Juniors. It would be interesting to see what will happen if the Banks o Dee colts get promoted next season and do well.

7 minutes ago, Eric's Cantina said:

Dyce have an SFA license

When did they get it? That's news to me, they've recently installed floodlights but there's more to it. Pretty sure they didn't compete in the Scottish Cup this season.

Edited by welshbairn

On 14/11/2022 at 23:11, welshbairn said:

No team from the North Juniors. It would be interesting to see what will happen if the Banks o Dee colts get promoted next season and do well.

Banks o' Dee Juniors were only admitted to the NRJFA after accepting a rule that even if they win the Premier Division, they can not participate in the Pyramid playoffs.

On 15/11/2022 at 20:44, Eric's Cantina said:

Dyce have an SFA license

Dyce are a progressive club and they have made great strides towards earning an SFA Licence; however a stumbling block at the moment might be provision of cover for 100 spectators. They do have an enclosure but it would only be suitable for approx 40 to 50 spectators. Presumably they will be aiming to double that capacity sometime during 2023, then they will be ready to go.

On 20/11/2022 at 13:24, ham1sh68 said:

Dyce are a progressive club and they have made great strides towards earning an SFA Licence; however a stumbling block at the moment might be provision of cover for 100 spectators. They do have an enclosure but it would only be suitable for approx 40 to 50 spectators....

The SFA can be quite lenient on that. This was enough to get Golspie Sutherland licensed:

golspie01a.jpg

1 hour ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Can the second placed team participate in that scenario?

I don't think so, if the NCL winner isn't licenced nobody qualifies for the play off, I'd assume the same would apply in this unlikely scenario.

41 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I don't think so, if the NCL winner isn't licenced nobody qualifies for the play off, I'd assume the same would apply in this unlikely scenario.

This ain't the Lowland League where they're handing out trophies to second place.

I'd be more curious to see if any fuss is created by double dipping in the Scottish Cup.