NRJFA Leagues

GNU_Linux

23 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Because the kid that was to be future manager lives in Elgin. As pointed out above if he really wanted to get involved, New Elgin are right there and he could have put his social media skills behind them.

This is just some random vanity project.

I suspect it was family and friends encouraging a kid's hobby and fantasy, no harm done. This is the prospective 15 year old manager.

https://theautistickid.com/meet-the-hosts/

On 14/06/2022 at 09:29, FairWeatherFan said:

Don't know if the North had their meeting but it's doing the rounds on Twitter that Banks O'Dee have had their Junior team accepted.

That would make the Divisions 14-18 with Lossiemouth United's earlier announcement.

Yes, this is the case. Banks o' Dee Juniors admitted (absolutely not the same as Banks o' Dee B...)

8 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

Hang on, so Banks O'Dee have retained a side in the Juniors?

The official line is that Banks o' Dee Junior FC are a new and separate club. Who happen to play at Spain Park in the same colours as Banks o' Dee FC. Players will have to be transferred between clubs as normal. They won't be registered for both teams. I'm not sure if that was the same set up Spartans had when their B team Juniors played in the ERJFA.

Edited by Cyclizine

1 hour ago, GNU_Linux said:

Dissapointed they aren't called Banks O'Bee.

Danks O'Dee might be more appropriate? I can understand why other teams and fans will be angry, it's going to make it harder for other teams to recruit the best players when you have a club with such an obvious route to a higher level, but I don't see why a club who put all that effort and money over many years into achieving that capability should be blocked.

Edited by welshbairn

Dreadful decision allowing Banks of Dee B into the leagues, apparently some restrictions on the age of players but it’s not that they might win (which I predict they won’t with age restrictions, might be a middling team at best) the issue is that it reduces the pool of players for other junior teams who rely on youngsters. What’s stopping a Cove Rangers team joining and hoovering up more city players and denying Glentanar etc a Huntly team denying Dufftown young players, Fraserburgh or Peterhead denying Buchanhaven, Longside etc. It might not happen but it has the potential to open the flood gates and put a nail in the coffin of some historic clubs 

• 2 weeks later...

Aye there's an obscene amount of teams at that level in and around Aberdeen.  Someone was going to become the victim of it sooner or later.

11 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Does that really make sense when it's a superleague club that's involved? Could also be commitee or finance related.

Sounds like they were worried about recruitment at the end of the season.

“We’ll now have a break with next season hopefully starting at the beginning of August.

“We’re hoping to retain Cammy Milne and Greg Hay, while we’ll again have young players on loan from the likes of Inverurie Locos.

“It’s getting tougher each year keeping young guys interested as there are so many other things they can be doing and some of them are playing school, youth, under-20 and junior football – which is perhaps too much football.”

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/sport/football/scottish/4269425/north-region-junior-football-dyce-juniors-boss-alfie-youngson-mixed-feelings/

14 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Does that really make sense when it's a superleague club that's involved? Could also be commitee or finance related.

Clubs are used to running on barebones numbers of committee members, but there’s only so far you can trim a squad. 

Hall Russell United chairman John Carroll said the club were left with no option due to a shortage of players.

He said: “It was a tough decision.

“We have always had a good core of around 14 players who were signed to us and we have been able to take young players on loan from Highland League clubs, in particular Inverurie Locos.

“But we only had five signed players at one stage and it wasn’t looking particularly good.

“We run the club on an amateur basis – we don’t pay players so you are trying to attract players who will play for the shirt in order that they can progress.

“Some of the junior teams were willing to loan us players but they could be recalled at any point.

“We don’t mind helping develop players for the Highland League who are then going on to play at a tier above but to loan players from other junior teams is not really sustainable.

“You could be left without a team so it was only fair on the signed players to make the decision to take a year out.

“We are a bit surprised by the reaction. We have had a lot of people getting in touch and wanting to help but unfortunately it has come a little bit too late.

“We feel like we are letting Inverurie Locos down a little bit as we have a fantastic relationship with them but they have been very understanding.

“They send young players on loan to us to play alongside and against men. That works if you have 12 or 14 experienced players in the squad but not if you only have five or six and 15 young players.”

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/sport/football/scottish/4488102/junior-football-hall-russell-united-go-into-abeyance-dufftown-promoted/

4 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

a bit of a surprise as Hall Russells have usually managed to pick up a lot of young players every season.

surprised Johnnie Carrol never called me......although I think I was 45 the last time I played for them.

I struggle to see how clubs can take a season out and successfully return the next year,