NRJFA Leagues

GNU_Linux

10 hours ago, Snafu said:

Just thought I would pop in here and make the wild claim that Banks O' Dee will win promotion to the HL within 2 seasons and insert themselves into the niche position wise in the HL and with similar level of players that would have signed for Cove Rangers in the past. Probably unlikely to go any further for a few years due to the standard in the Lowland League improving with ex Juniors and former SPFL clubs.

They'll be promoted this season.  Or do you mean to League Two?

The Midland League champions will be a walkover for BoD owing to them not being licenced ;)

BoD will be a HL team next season unless they have an exceptional off day against Fort William.

4 minutes ago, drs said:

The Midland League champions will be a walkover for BoD owing to them not being licenced ;)

BoD will be a HL team next season unless they have an exceptional off day against Fort William.

Off days surely. Even if they could fluke a win or a draw. It's a two legged tie. They really would have to be throwing it away to fail against Fort William.

43 minutes ago, Snafu said:

It's never a done deal when north clubs meet 'east' clubs. Over the years I've seen what was thought of as strong North sides getting absolutely wrecked in the Scottish Junior Cup by seemingly very average or poor sides from the east and or rarely get past the 3rd Round, same north clubs that qualify for the Scottish Cup and get some very good results against Scottish League or Highland League opposition, just to confuse everyone.

Looks like either Carnoustie Panmure or East Craigie vs Banks O' Dee. This Midlands League is a stronger league than the North Superleague. Carnoustle have usually been a strong side in the old East Juniors one of the regulars in the old Superleague usually bottom half so historically used to playing in a stronger league than the current Midlands set up. East Craigie were usually in the East - North League, midtable, they must have improved a lot, don't know about if there has been any improvements to their ground in recent times.

I would reserve caution in that the Midlands Champions will certainly be no push overs, in fact not beyond the possibility that BoD might have to wait another year, but when they go up they will establish themselves as one of the top sides in the HL. I also believe they might be HL Champions within the first 5 years and will be signing ex SPFL players and probably pinch players from under the noses of Peterhead and players released by Cove Rangers. Carnoustie I would expect will also become one of the top sides in the HL.

None of the Midlands teams will be licenced.  It'll be Fort v BOD.

35 minutes ago, drs said:

If BOD don't score less than 10 in 2 legs over Fort, I'd be very surprised.

Fort drew with Formartine on Saturday, but that was probably more to do with Formartine being particularly shite at the moment than any great improvement from Fort William. It would be funny as f**k if Fort did manage to fluke a win or 2 against BoD after them turning down an invite to join the HL a couple of years ago, looks like at least a couple of Midland teams will be licensed next year and BoD could struggle to get past them.

P.S. I wonder if Fort will be allowed to play the home leg at Claggan Park, for the first and only time this season?

Edited by welshbairn

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

P.S. I wonder if Fort will be allowed to play the home leg at Claggan Park, for the first and only time this season?

That would be a fitting end to their time in the league, getting pumped in front of their own fans.

Banks O'Dee this season, and then probably a few years of Midland League clubs facing the HL bottom side unless any other NRJFA sides are intending to get a licence?  I can't see Golspie upsetting that equation.

35 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

Banks O'Dee this season, and then probably a few years of Midland League clubs facing the HL bottom side unless any other NRJFA sides are intending to get a licence?  I can't see Golspie upsetting that equation.

Think Dyce and one or two others might be thinking about it.

7 hours ago, TheScarf said:

None of the Midlands teams will be licenced.  It'll be Fort v BOD.

Lochee United and Tayport will probably be approved for rubber stamping at the SFA AGM but they are highly unlikely to win the Midlands League this season. Those two clubs plus Broughty Athletic and Carnoustie Panmure would be the prime candidates for HL entry over the next decade or so.

BOD were utter horseshit against NSN a few weeks back.  I imagine they've taken their foot off the gas and also can't be arsed with the 17 cup competitions they have to play every season.  Losing on Saturday means 2 less cup games for them now before the HL play off.