NRJFA Leagues

GNU_Linux

Thanks for the update on potential teams all, I’ve no doubt the push for licences will be a bit slower up North after the first few get it but it’s great that it’s something that’s there for clubs in the future when and if they decide to go for it. With the 3 League’s below the HL it should be interesting to see who moves up in the future and whether we stay with 3 feeders or change it as we go. 
As for seating to get a licence, I hope they don’t bring that in as a requirement, perhaps it should be a requirement for tier 4 but no need for clubs like Golspie Sutherland and Burntisland who play a couple of licenced games a season. 

Edited by San Starko Rover

I'm not sure if this has been posted elsewhere, but it's fair to say that Nairn St Ninian don't seem best pleased with the NJFA.

https://www.inverness-courier.co.uk/sport/nairn-st-ninian-get-cited-over-call-off-251716/

Nairn St Ninian have been called in front of the North Superleague management committee to defend their decision to postpone last Saturday’s match against Colony House.

A number of positive or inconclusive Covid-19 tests meant that players needed to self-isolate, but the league insisted that the match should go ahead.

St Ninian held firm in their stance, and as a result have been cited – meaning they could be fined with a 3–0 win being awarded to Colony House if the committee rules against them in a couple of weeks.

A club statement said: “We’ve been muddling through turning up to some games with nine registered players.

“Horribly, we know how unprofessional our league is – if we do anything we will get hammered for it so we have just been playing the games.

“The problem was we were travelling on a bus to go through to Inverurie. We were putting our players at risk, our management at risk, our committee at risk, the other team at risk, and we were told to play.

Nairn St Ninian are at odds with the league over their postponed match against Colony House last Saturday. Picture: Gary Anthony Nairn St Ninian are at odds with the league over their postponed match against Colony House last Saturday. Picture: Gary Anthony

“It’s pretty nonsensical. The secretary has his own reasons for doing it because he has already been caught out. He postponed a game earlier when the team just didn’t have a team – nothing to do with Covid.

“They used that as a mask when they just didn’t have a team. He got caught out and made a complete horror show of the appeal, which was dismissed. Now he’s doing the risk-averse thing of saying nothing is off until they have lots of evidence.

“I sent him the positive test, I told him another guy was inconclusive and the third one was at 1.30am on Saturday – it wasn’t physically possible to get anything.”

More concerning from St Ninian’s point of view is that football appears to be getting prioritised by the league over public health.

“They’re not putting public health in front of playing what is a silly game of football,” the statement continued.

“It’s all just a big mess. Our manager has had a bypass operation so we’re not willing to put people’s health at risk when it’s unnecessary.

“The league said no, we’re playing, and we’ve been cited.

“We’ve had our issues and run-ins with the North Region before, so they’re not the most pragmatic association.”

St Ninian requested that the rest of their squad conduct lateral flow tests after the news early on Saturday, with no more positive results recorded as the Inverness Courier went to press.

Wasn't there was speculation a while ago that the top divisions of the North and Midlands Leagues would combine to form a Super Juniors League feeding into the Highland League Play-Offs?

Maybe the more westerly clubs will be considering their positions if that happens, now that they have an alternative feeder league i.e. NCL?

This apparent falling out with the North Regional League, at least as reported, might be a sign this and other clubs looking at alternatives. I guess that the Midlands clubs wouldn't be too sorry to potential trips to Nairn off the list if a merger went ahead.

8 minutes ago, Dev said:

Wasn't there was speculation a while ago that the top divisions of the North and Midlands Leagues would combine to form a Super Juniors League feeding into the Highland League Play-Offs?

Maybe the more westerly clubs will be considering their positions if that happens, now that they have an alternative feeder league i.e. NCL?

This apparent falling out with the North Regional League, at least as reported, might be a sign this and other clubs looking at alternatives. I guess that the Midlands clubs wouldn't be too sorry to potential trips to Nairn off the list if a merger went ahead.

There has been chat on the merged Superleague, but it's pure speculation at this point.

If the unified national non-league cup happens the NCL might be more attractive to some. Right now though you're leaving behind a lot of local clubs, stronger leagues, and more diverse cup competitions.

I mean Loch Ness and Inverness Athletic are scrambling around just to get their own pitch at the moment.

• GNU_Linux changed the title to NRJFA Leagues
  • 2 weeks later...