NRJFA Leagues

GNU_Linux

Yep, only BOD and Golspie can get promoted to the HL.  They're both highly likely to win their leagues.  So it should be them and the ML winner in the 3 way play off.

Quality wise however, GS don't stand a chance of going up.

Unless I'm missing something, Loch Ness are putting their own advertising boards up at Inverness Athletic's ground in Ardersier tomorrow, which is meant to be a home game for them. So I'm guessing they don't have a pitch despite selling all these shirts. I guess Inverness Athletic just said, "Really? I suppose so, whatever.."

Bonar Bridge doing well too!

Draw away to Alness (3-3) last week and a 3-2 win at home to St Duthus. Good to see the league becoming more competitive, I worried what was going to happen with everyone in the same division again but it’s looking decent.

Oooft.

Stonehaven 20(Twenty)-0 New Elgin in the North Regional Cup today.

Baxter 5,16,40
Baillie 6,56,60,71,72,80,83
Horne 8,47,62,89
Metelski 24
Bremner 28(o.g.)
Duthie 36
Maclennan 67,90
Anderson 79

Edited by Cyclizine

13 minutes ago, Cyclizine said:

Oooft.

Stonehaven 20(Twenty)-0 New Elgin in the North Regional Cup today.

Baxter 5,16,40
Baillie 6,56,60,71,72,80,83
Horne 8,47,62,89
Metelski 24
Bremner 28(o.g.)
Duthie 36
Maclennan 67,90
Anderson 79

To the best of my knowledge this is the biggest victory in Scottish football* since Stirling Albion hit Selkirk for the same scoreline in the 84/85 Scottish Cup.The only thing close I can recall in recent times in Lesmahagow beating Ardeer Thistle 18-0 in 2018.

*-excluding amateur football.

3 hours ago, GNU_Linux said:

To the best of my knowledge this is the biggest victory in Scottish football* since Stirling Albion hit Selkirk for the same scoreline in the 84/85 Scottish Cup.The only thing close I can recall in recent times in Lesmahagow beating Ardeer Thistle 18-0 in 2018.

Banks o' Dee also beat Islavale 15-0 today. Must be pretty close to being the highest scoring cup round.

18 hours ago, GNU_Linux said:

Scottish Men's football perhaps. I'm sure Glasgow City thumped someone 24-0 a few years ago.

And Inverurie Juniors were fairly hopeless in the 1990s and may have been on the end of a 20-0 once or twice.

Biggest thumping I ever saw was AVU Amateurs 0 Meadowbank Thistle 22 in a daft pre- season friendly between an Edinburgh amateur team and a team that had finished second in what is now the Championship.

1 hour ago, tamthebam said:

Scottish Men's football perhaps. I'm sure Glasgow City thumped someone 24-0 a few years ago.

And Inverurie Juniors were fairly hopeless in the 1990s and may have been on the end of a 20-0 once or twice.

Biggest thumping I ever saw was AVU Amateurs 0 Meadowbank Thistle 22 in a daft pre- season friendly between an Edinburgh amateur team and a team that had finished second in what is now the Championship.

Quick glance through 95/96 through 98/99

98-99 They lost 16-0 a few times.

97-98 They lost 19-0 in the North Regional Cup.

96-97 They had a 16-0.

Didn't spot a 20.

What’s the score for licensed clubs in the North this year? BoD are licensed and likely to walk the North Juniors are any others likely to have a licence that will play off with BoD in time or will it be no play off between the three leagues.  I think Golspie Sutherland still have one.  

On 12/09/2021 at 14:41, San Starko Rover said:

What’s the score for licensed clubs in the North this year? BoD are licensed and likely to walk the North Juniors are any others likely to have a licence that will play off with BoD in time or will it be no play off between the three leagues.  I think Golspie Sutherland still have one.  

Few NRJFA clubs that wouldn't have to do a ton of work ground-wise (not sure about behind the scenes), but not sure any more will be getting licenced any time soon. There's no-one in the NCL anywhere close.  I believe St Duthus have longer term plans, but a lot of work to be done. Golspie have a licence currently having erected floodlights. My feeling is there'll be a seating requirement for the ground as part of licencing soon, not just cover and lights. I don't know enough about the Midland clubs to comment, really.

Edited by Cyclizine

Few NRJFA clubs that wouldn't have to do a ton of work ground-wise (not sure about behind the scenes), but not sure any more will be getting licenced any time soon. There's no-one in the NCL anywhere close.  I believe St Duthus have longer term plans, but a lot of work to be done. Golspie have a licence currently having erected floodlights. My feeling is there'll be a seating requirement for the ground as part of licencing soon, not just cover and lights. I don't know enough about the Midland clubs to comment, really.

For NRJFA Dyce & Bridge Of Wilson's Don Hillhead Thistle Newburgh XI are clubs who seem likely candidates. Nairn St Ninian iirc made positive noises about the pyramid but no idea if that translate into license aspirations in the immediate future.

In NCL Halkirk United have what seems a fairly decent ground that's just under a decade old.

21 hours ago, Cyclizine said:

Dyce are supposed to be getting floodlights put in, not sure how far they've got.