Livi v St Mirren League Cup 21/22

ATLIS

15 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Jim will be under pressure before August is out, I reckon.

Why? We’ve just come off our best season for ages, we qualified from the group stages of the LC unbeaten, I think like any manager if his team is struggling at Xmas then he will be under pressure but right now?

35 minutes ago, Torfason said:

Why? We’ve just come off our best season for ages, we qualified from the group stages of the LC unbeaten, I think like any manager if his team is struggling at Xmas then he will be under pressure but right now?

Because the team remains uncreative, the issues from last season persist, there is no apparent plan B, our defence has apparently become worse, the tactics are predictable, our weaknesses are relatively easy to identify and expose, we have identified a system and are sticking to it yet have at least two square pegs in round holes (whoever's at RWB and Kiltie).

I guess we might scrape through here (CH goal from a set piece) and I might look daft. Obviously I'm also not at the game today so perhaps I'll be corrected in terms of our performance, but I suspect I won't be.

I'm typically a fairly upbeat poster here, and I pretty much idolise Jim Goodwin, but something's not quite right here.

What a shock, we go to 4 at the back and is if by magic, we look like a better team.

We’ve definitely not been 4 at the back at any point in this game. McCarthy and Tanser are centre halves after Fraser went off. We have however looked a lot better with about 5 players out of position. Livi going 3 at the back has helped too.

2 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Just going by the Livi Twitter it sounds like we should be ahead and are creating the better chances...looks like penalties incoming though

Not there so can't say for sure but also sounds like we should have had a goal but Alnwick dragged the ball back over the line and the ref/linesman never gave it. 

Can we try to make sure Craig Sibbald never takes a penalty again? Through in the end and seems like he had a great game so will let him away with it. 

Delighted for Stryjek. I imagine if he hadn't made an arse of the goal last week, he'd not have played today. Great management from Martindale to keep his confidence up and it sounds like he repaid his faith with a lot of good saves. 

If this is the standard that Goodwin thinks is acceptable then he’s delusional. That has to be one of the worst performances I’ve had to endure for a long time. 

This team look like they will be bottom two relegation fodder. It’s no consolation that it was a cup tie because we have been just as poor in the 2 league games.

53 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Can we try to make sure Craig Sibbald never takes a penalty again? Through in the end and seems like he had a great game so will let him away with it. 

Delighted for Stryjek. I imagine if he hadn't made an arse of the goal last week, he'd not have played today. Great management from Martindale to keep his confidence up and it sounds like he repaid his faith with a lot of good saves. 

Sibbald was fantastic today, winning the ball back numerous times, and twisting & turning with the ball in midfield, looking like a proper midfield general. Stryjek was a close 2nd for MoTM, 2 great saves to stop St Mirren equalising when they were through on goal, and more penalty saves from him too.

Wish we could see out a game, but we got there, shitfesting our way to the final.:cheers

Would be interesting to see how thing had panned out if both teams weren't missing player through suspension and isolating. Unfortunately, with the pandemic, that's probably not going to happen this year.

Thought Sibbald was pretty much unplayable for most of the game; immense but dead on his feet at the end.

Some of the substitutions seemed a bit strange; bringing Jacobs on (great to see the young man again BTW) when we still had Reilly on the bench.

Bringing Panayiotoyat on for eleven minutes also seemed a bit of a strange one. He seemed to be playing okat and causing some problems for the opposition; likewise he didnt appear to be injured.