Livi v St Mirren League Cup 21/22

ATLIS

Just now, FreedomFarter said:

Why does Kyle McAllister not start? Obviously I've only seen him playing against Livi which is a tiny sample size but he's always impressed me.

Always seem to be questions over his fitness.

Gutted for him to be the one who missed the penalty, but sounds like it was a good save rather than a bad penalty.

I wasn’t at the game, but the comments from the Saints fans are all about how terrible we were, and yet plenty of Livvy comments about how well your keeper had to play.

28 minutes ago, Bobby_F said:

Gutted for him to be the one who missed the penalty, but sounds like it was a good save rather than a bad penalty.

I wasn’t at the game, but the comments from the Saints fans are all about how terrible we were, and yet plenty of Livvy comments about how well your keeper had to play.

He made 2 great saves in the first half, one from a break of the ball where kiltie really should’ve scored all the time and space in the world 12 yards out, and another from a long ball over the top to brophy where he came out quickly to close him down. Apart from that, he didn’t really have anything to do in the game, and then he made 2 great penalty saves. 

30 minutes ago, Bobby_F said:

Just after we scored you were through on goal, with all our players pleading for offside, and Stryjek made a great save to keep us ahead. Did the same again not much later.

Thought we started the better team but St Mirren got into the game and looked better than us when we scored on the break, you were passing it up the pitch better than us too, with Livi making too many punts up the pitch. 2nd half i didn't think we were going to concede though, and looked like we were going to see it out 1-0, should actually have made it 2-0 with a few counters we got up to the box then fannied about with the ball instead of just shooting. 

In ET i thought we edged it, but you could see both teams were knackered and anytime both of us got up the pitch the quality of the pass or shot was tired looking. Pens looked the likely outcome by then. 

Yeah Stryjek made a couple of good pen saves rather than the 2 we made a c**t of by Keaghs and Sibbald. Sibbs must be the worst pen anyone has seen, side footed it straight at the keeper, i've seen harder pass backs.

7 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Just after we scored you were through on goal, with all our players pleading for offside, and Stryjek made a great save to keep us ahead. Did the same again not much later.

Thought we started the better team but St Mirren got into the game and looked better than us when we scored on the break, you were passing it up the pitch better than us too, with Livi making too many punts up the pitch. 2nd half i didn't think we were going to concede though, and looked like we were going to see it out 1-0, should actually have made it 2-0 with a few counters we got up to the box then fannied about with the ball instead of just shooting. 

In ET i thought we edged it, but you could see both teams were knackered and anytime both of us got up the pitch the quality of the pass or shot was tired looking. Pens looked the likely outcome by then. 

Yeah Stryjek made a couple of good pen saves rather than the 2 we made a c**t of by Keaghs and Sibbald. Sibbs must be the worst pen anyone has seen, side footed it straight at the keeper, i've seen harder pass backs.

At least Sibbalds was on target. As for Curtis Main's .....

Wasn't much between the teams today as the scoreline suggests. 

I really think we are looking far weaker already than we were last season. Really need a couple of players in and definitely need to hold on to McGrath. 

It was pleasing to see McCarthy back in the team albeit at the expense of Dunne's injury. 

Good luck to Livi in the next round. 

Edited by Munoz

Just watched the penalties. Confirmed what I said to my son at the game on Saturday.  The Livi keeper wasn't even close to his line when McAllister's and MacPherson's penalties were taken - jumped forward and across each time.  If I could see it from near the half way line, I'm not sure how the assistant on the goal line couldn't.  Oh well ...

4 hours ago, Rod1877 said:

Just watched the penalties. Confirmed what I said to my son at the game on Saturday.  The Livi keeper wasn't even close to his line when McAllister's and MacPherson's penalties were taken - jumped forward and across each time.  If I could see it from near the half way line, I'm not sure how the assistant on the goal line couldn't.  Oh well ...

Neither keeper kept on his line till the ball was hit.

20 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

It's a stupid rule. Gets broken in every shootout and is applied so haphazardly. They should bin it.

I remember when, if  the penalty taker paused in the run up, it was deemed ungentlemanly conduct and would generally be cancelled out.

Mind you, as far as I can remember, goalkeepers weren't allowed to move their feet until the ball was kicked either.

15 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Neither keeper kept on his line till the ball was hit.

Having been sad enough to go back and check (both the video from the main stand and the one at the side of the goal) by hitting pause just as the penalty takers are about to strike the ball, it seems to me that Alnwick has one foot on or behind the line for every penalty.

Having been sad enough to go back and check (both the video from the main stand and the one at the side of the goal) by hitting pause just as the penalty takers are about to strike the ball, it seems to me that Alnwick has one foot on or behind the line for every penalty.
After looking at that, I agree and Alnwick made an attempt to keep a foot on the line. The Livi keeper on the other hand was almost as far advanced as Gordon Marshall on a couple of occasions.

17 hours ago, mchlorine said:

After looking at that, I agree and Alnwick made an attempt to keep a foot on the line. The Livi keeper on the other hand was almost as far advanced as Gordon Marshall on a couple of occasions.

Even at that, it's a bit of justice for our goal that wasn't given despite being over the line. Alnwick pulled the whole ball back over the line at the time.

32 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Even at that, it's a bit of justice for our goal that wasn't given despite being over the line. Alnwick pulled the whole ball back over the line at the time.

I'm mostly against VAR, but goalline tech has been seamlessly integrated in other leagues and it feels like a bare minimum for a top flight league (I realise this was a cup game...) in 2021.