Livi v St Mirren League Cup 21/22

ATLIS

I'm looking forward to this tie, so far so good but this will be a key indicator as to whether JG really has done good business this summer or not.....

Edited by btb

• 2 weeks later...

It's fair to say our enthusiasm has been somewhat dampened from when the draw was made to now, thanks in most part to a profligate draw against Dundee and a poorly defended 2-1 loss to Hearts. Who knows what sort of performance we'll put on here. We could talk formations and line ups but it's very likely Goodwin will persist with what he's doing hoping the team starts to look comfortable doing so, and who knows  maybe they will.

Neither side is in good form though, and I have absolutely no idea who'll come out the winner. Would be nice if it was us.

My confidence for this depends purely on whether or not we get a decent defender in this week. 

As it is, and assuming these players are fit: 

Stryjek; Longridge, Fitzwater, Parkes, Devlin; Pittman, Obileye, Sibbald; Montano, Anderson, Forrest.

Wouldn't surprise me to see Barden in goals with it being a cup game

Edited by LiviLion

3 hours ago, Ric said:

It's fair to say our enthusiasm has been somewhat dampened from when the draw was made to now, thanks in most part to a profligate draw against Dundee and a poorly defended 2-1 loss to Hearts. Who knows what sort of performance we'll put on here. We could talk formations and line ups but it's very likely Goodwin will persist with what he's doing hoping the team starts to look comfortable doing so, and who knows  maybe they will.

Neither side is in good form though, and I have absolutely no idea who'll come out the winner. Would be nice if it was us.

I'm certainly not disappointed we created a lot more chances than Hearts but you have to put the ball in the net which Hearts did. As for Dundee it was their first game back in the top league an enthusiastic day for them. Saints took the lead twice. You might be in a downer Ric but wait and see the Saints supporters this Saturday they will not be down beat. 

3 hours ago, ZingaliMan said:

I'm certainly not disappointed we created a lot more chances than Hearts but you have to put the ball in the net which Hearts did. As for Dundee it was their first game back in the top league an enthusiastic day for them. Saints took the lead twice. You might be in a downer Ric but wait and see the Saints supporters this Saturday they will not be down beat. 

We created barely anything in the full 90 minutes and certainly not a lot more than Hearts, who themselves created relatively little.

12 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

We created barely anything in the full 90 minutes and certainly not a lot more than Hearts, who themselves created relatively little.

Only going by the 95 min I watched.  Let's put it another way Hearts did not play us off the park nothing to get down about unless your glass is half empty. 

6 minutes ago, ZingaliMan said:

Let's put it another way Hearts did not play us off the park 

Don't disagree with that but that isn't

16 hours ago, ZingaliMan said:

we created a lot more chances than Hearts

The game was pretty even between two sides who didn't play well on the day - we didn't create more than them though, one of our main reasons for losing on Saturday was the lack of chances we created.

1 hour ago, ZingaliMan said:

Only going by the 95 min I watched.  Let's put it another way Hearts did not play us off the park nothing to get down about unless your glass is half empty. 

We had enough possession in good areas, but our final ball was lacking. That and too many hopeful punts up the park were our downfall. 

Even enough game though. 

1 hour ago, Munoz said:

We had enough possession in good areas, but our final ball was lacking. That and too many hopeful punts up the park were our downfall. 

Even enough game though. 

Agree with that.  Hearts had 51% possession and one more shoot on target than Saints that's offical stats. I was only trying to tell Ric it's not all doom and gloom after two games. Forums are becoming like trying to walk on broken glass one wrong step and you have offended someone.  

Edited by ZingaliMan

Both teams are going into the match after comfortable group sections and relatively disappointing starts to the league campaign, it's a chance for one side to regain some positive momentum.

8 hours ago, btb said:

Both teams are going into the match after comfortable group sections and relatively disappointing starts to the league campaign, it's a chance for one side to regain some positive momentum.

Eh?! We shitfested our way through the group as the last best runner up to qualify. We lost to Alloa and only managed to beat Raith on penalties.

As it stands, we're the lowest qualified entrance from the group stages, and last year's runner up. Anyone could spin it how they like :D 

Worryingly after a quick shiftie at the ticket sales - we are in serious danger of being outnumbered at our own ground by the buddies who seem keen to take advantage of the £10 ticket offer.

Come on guys; if the price wasn't enough to get you moving then surely the thought of being cooped up for eighteen months watching some cr@ppy home video feed is justification for getting down to the TMA on Saturday. Its looking like St Mirren have already sold-out four sections of the East Stand.

14 hours ago, btb said:

5 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Eh?! We shitfested our way through the group as the last best runner up to qualify. We lost to Alloa and only managed to beat Raith on penalties.

As it stands, we're the lowest qualified entrance from the group stages, and last year's runner up. Anyone could spin it how they like :D 

Also played Sevco at Ibrox, and Aberdeen at the TMA, where we deserved at least a draw, but considering Aberdeen usually beat us there it's hardly a relatively disappointing start to the season losing both games against top 4 teams. Doubt anyone had us down to take anything from those games.

Anyhoo, we were absolute shite in the group games, but looked a lot better in the Aberdeen game, so i'm a bit more confident going into this one now. Think it'll be close, just one goal in it, or even going to pens.

Could have Shinnie back for this game too which would be good, and our new signing Odin Bailey, quite looking forward to seeing both of them play.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER