Dundee FC vs Motherwell - Last 16

Ludo*1

1 minute ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Yaassss, thought we put in a good performance and deserved it. Glad to put the Motherwell bogey to bed, here's hoping for a good draw.

Thought the defence was solid today, especially after last week's debacle. Still need a new RB though which we won't get.

I paid special attention to Christie today - he is so bad. I don't know what he is but he's not a defender. 

Good win that, although it should have been well dead and buried by half-time. We had so many balls into the box, we really need to take our chances better. 

First time I've seen McCowan, thought he was excellent today.

Motherwell fans not happy with losing their fleg or their manager.

Edited by johnnydun

Thoroughly enjoyed that, it was great to be back. Great to have away fans back too. 

Hard to try and be objective under the circumstances, but I don't think many observers would deny that Dundee deserved to win. 

It's a result that makes me feel slightly more optimistic about the league, albeit Motherwell do look like a team who'll finish in the bottom six. 

Thought the change of formation basically worked, and the Dundee front three caused a lot of problems. 

Good luck in the next round Dundee.

Glad I never bothered going to the game. Also happy now there was no stream 🤔😀.

Despite our record at Dens this was no real shock, but to (apparently) put in such an insipid performance has me worried. We need to sort out midfield and find a goalscorer. Shame Van Veen was missing. We never know these days who is dead or alive so I am hoping it is a just a wee knock and he will be back next week. 

Sorry also for some of the fannies in our support. Clearly letting their frustrations get the better of them 🤬

Thoroughly deserved win. Other than the sitter they missed, I can recall Motherwell having any clear-cut chances. 

We could have been out of sight at half-time, but it started to have an all too familiar taste. I was expecting a dodgy Motherwell penalty in the 79th minute to win it. 

We’ll go and draw Celtic or Sevco now. 

What’s with that goal kick routine that Motherwell do? Defender passes to keeper who dribbles it for a bit then launches it up the park. 

On more than one occasion, it ended up with someone who was flagged offside - something that can’t happen direct from a goal kick, so the whole tippy-tappy thing seems utterly pointless. 

Edited by The Master

4 minutes ago, The Master said:

What’s with that goal kick routine that Motherwell do? Defender passes to keeper who dribbles it for a bit then launches it up the park. 

On more than one occasion, it ended up with someone who was flagged offside - something that can’t happen direct from a goal kick, so the whole tippy-tally thing seems utterly pointless

But, but, but, Man City do it.  Why shouldn’t Motherwell? 🤣

20 minutes ago, The Master said:

On more than one occasion, it ended up with someone who was flagged offside - something that can’t happen direct from a goal kick, so the whole tippy-tally thing seems utterly pointless. 

It's something that we've been doing for a while. I'd guess that the logic behind it is that Kelly has better distribution than any of our centre backs (he does).

It's generally worked alright when we've had van Veen on the park as a focal point who can pull the ball in or Watt.

45 minutes ago, The Master said:

On more than one occasion, it ended up with someone who was flagged offside - something that can’t happen direct from a goal kick, so the whole tippy-tally thing seems utterly pointless. 

smashing the like button

2 hours ago, The Master said:

On more than one occasion, it ended up with someone who was flagged offside - something that can’t happen direct from a goal kick, so the whole tippy-tappy thing seems utterly pointless. 

I can see their keeper being caught in a David Marshall situation or something similar this season.