Arbroath vs Caley Thistle

In Iv now had a few hours to process the game and I think overall there are enough signs from This squad to be encouraged this season. I think Inverness will be a top 3 side and we matched them for long periods of the game. 

I would like to mention the disgraceful behaviour of some Arbroath fans. These stewards don’t get paid enough to take that sort of abuse. But if you think your behaviour is acceptable then take it elsewhere 

In Iv now had a few hours to process the game and I think overall there are enough signs from This squad to be encouraged this season. I think Inverness will be a top 3 side and we matched them for long periods of the game. 

Unfortunately I think Inverness will be bottom half and we need to beat them.

Safe to say our lack of cutting edge up front was predicted by absolutely everyone.
I thought it was a solid yet unspectacular performance yesterday which we were never really going to win due to the above reason and we were punished by a silly mistake from clark who i like but needs to cut that out of his game.
As mentioned nouble did well, donnelly missing and we already know mckenna isn’t a winger so why play him there after a motm performance playing off the striker. Hopefully thomson is back soon and we can push stewart further forward.

Could really have gone either way in the end. Big Nouble caused a lot of panic in our defence, and came back deeper to win the ball back a few times. Also I thought Low looked like he could create something at times. A bit more creativity out wide, and Arbroath could do well this season.

For us our defence is beginning to look more solid. It appears we've sacrificed getting full backs up the flanks to accommodate Broadfoots lack of pace. He does make us a bit less vulnerable to crosses. One other negative about our new style of defense, is it appears goofball is here to stay. Walsh took the ball up the park very easily, but being on the left cutting back, I didn't see 1 of his crosses come off. We might have been more convincing winners, if he'd stayed on the right, and Harper on the left.

6 minutes ago, Juanhourjoe said:

Could really have gone either way in the end. Big Nouble caused a lot of panic in our defence, and came back deeper to win the ball back a few times. Also I thought Low looked like he could create something at times. A bit more creativity out wide, and Arbroath could do well this season.

For us our defence is beginning to look more solid. It appears we've sacrificed getting full backs up the flanks to accommodate Broadfoots lack of pace. He does make us a bit less vulnerable to crosses. One other negative about our new style of defense, is it appears goofball is here to stay. Walsh took the ball up the park very easily, but being on the left cutting back, I didn't see 1 of his crosses come off. We might have been more convincing winners, if he'd stayed on the right, and Harper on the left.

He seems to prefer Deas at left back which I don’t understand. Don’t get me wrong, Deas is our best defender and has done well there but Harper offers so much more going forward. With McAlear and Allardice sitting you’d like to think we can accommodate Harper and Carson choosing moments to bomb on? Broadfoot was very good yesterday to be fair.

I would like to mention the disgraceful behaviour of some Arbroath fans. These stewards don’t get paid enough to take that sort of abuse. But if you think your behaviour is acceptable then take it elsewhere 

Have a word with yourself. The stewards cause more problems than they solve by acting as if a little back and forth is world war 3. IMO If you stopped paying the c***s you would get better stewarding

9 hours ago, DUAFC said:

Must have been at a different game. 

On three occaisions in the first half, Mikey was further left than at least one of our central midfielders, and on one of those occaisions he was further to the left/ front than both our strikers, resulting in literally 50 yards of space down the right hand side for Caley to walk into and double up on Scotty Stewart. He was hugely, hugely exposed but having no-one infront of him for large parts of the game.

What are you on about you utter clown , Stewards shit the bed cause folk sing

Yesterday a dick campbell classic. LD 3 goals in the cup and punted into midfield yesterday. McKenna on the wing, get away with it vs lower league teams but not in the championship. Clark needs to up his game massively, even forgetting his mistake I thought he was terrible.

Yeah the stewards are an absolute joke, they’re going about looking for things to do and cause more bother themselves if anything. Just stand at the side of the park and take your wage ffs. The handful of times I’ve ever seen trouble over the 20 years of going to Gayfield they’re absolutely useless if anything happens anyway. Better off just getting rid. 4 of them coming into the stand over a nothing shout, old lady steward telling the rowdier Inverness fans off for singing too, Kehn their accents were absolutely awful but you’re at the football ffs leave them alone. Then at the end too saw one of the Inverness fans celebrating the full time whistle by being over exuberant and screaming and fist pumping etc and then seconds later he had 4 boys round him telling him not to behave like that if he comes down again for the next game 😂 Just go away man. 

Yeah the stewards are an absolute joke, they’re going about looking for things to do and cause more bother themselves if anything. Just stand at the side of the park and take your wage ffs. The handful of times I’ve ever seen trouble over the 20 years of going to Gayfield they’re absolutely useless if anything happens anyway. Better off just getting rid. 4 of them coming into the stand over a nothing shout, old lady steward telling the rowdier Inverness fans off for singing too, Kehn their accents were absolutely awful but you’re at the football ffs leave them alone. Then at the end too saw one of the Inverness fans celebrating the full time whistle by being over exuberant and screaming and fist pumping etc and then seconds later he had 4 boys round him telling him not to behave like that if he comes down again for the next game [emoji23] Just go away man. 

Honestly need to have a word with themselves , as you say just stand and get paid ,m

3 hours ago, scottbamby said:

He seems to prefer Deas at left back which I don’t understand. Don’t get me wrong, Deas is our best defender and has done well there but Harper offers so much more going forward. With McAlear and Allardice sitting you’d like to think we can accommodate Harper and Carson choosing moments to bomb on? Broadfoot was very good yesterday to be fair.

Harper looked seriously vulnerable defensively against Cove, and that, along with the need to cover for Broadfoot's lack of pace, as @Juanhourjoe mentioned, has probably played a big part in the decision to bench him, but it would be a real shame if his development ends up stagnating because Dodds either doesn't trust him or doesn't see him working in his preferred approach. Early days, so hopefully the coaches are working on the defensive side of his game and before too long we'll see him back at LB and Deas back in the centre.

55 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

What was the story with the stewards in the first half?  I was at the other end and switched at half time but the stewards seemed desperate to throw out some of the younger fans for no crime that I could see.  

Being right in the middle of it, basically some Inverness fans started singing and an Arbroath fan shouted ohhh shut up In response and the stewards seemed to think that was going to cause WW3. Was absolutely nothing going on but they made it out to be a massive deal. Jobsworths 

After seeing them highlights I’m even more frustrated than what I was yesterday

18 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Being right in the middle of it, basically some Inverness fans started singing and an Arbroath fan shouted ohhh shut up In response and the stewards seemed to think that was going to cause WW3. Was absolutely nothing going on but they made it out to be a massive deal. Jobsworths 

After seeing them highlights I’m even more frustrated than what I was yesterday

There was a moment in the second half where some of the younger fans were shouting at Gaston (who took it all in good humour) and the female steward pulled down her mask (:blink:) to shout "You wantin' throon ooot?!" 

There was an older, green lanyard wearing guy as well who was missing many a tooth who seemed desperate to chuck someone out.