Arbroath vs Caley Thistle

Lost the game in the midfield today. Linn was very quiet, Low did ok but McKenna and Clark struggled. Nouble was very good today but had no support from LD. An all round disappointment of an afternoon 

Very poor from D.C I thought. Donnelly or Nouble should have come off not Linn. Then McKenna through middle. LD was played out of position so would’ve went for him. Thought Nouble was very good. Hilson and McKenna on both wings with they 2 up top meant it was just long ball stuff all day. Low couldn’t get his foot on the ball, Clark makes too many mistakes and felt much more comfortable when Craigen come on. Just shite the day that. 

Again..... why I didn’t get the Chris Hamilton signing. Patterson doesn’t look like he’s going to get much of a chance either 

Hamilton come in highly rated and deserved to start ahead of Clark, he made mistakes last week and this week he cost us, Still a young laddie but I really don't see anything there,
And 100% agree it should of been luke off instead of Linn and Mckenna up front,

6 minutes ago, lichtiekev said:

Hamilton come in highly rated and deserved to start ahead of Clark, he made mistakes last week and this week he cost us, Still a young laddie but I really don't see anything there,
And 100% agree it should of been luke off instead of Linn and Mckenna up front,

Yeah would 100 percent be up for giving him a go in middle of park 

34 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Lost the game in the midfield today. Linn was very quiet, Low did ok but McKenna and Clark struggled. Nouble was very good today but had no support from LD. An all round disappointment of an afternoon 

Our main problem is we don't have anyone who does what Shane Sutherland does, simples

1 minute ago, lichtie23 said:

If you are wanting to replace Clark in the midfield then it should be with Henderson IMO

Would assume this was always going to happen, I would also bring Hilson in for Donnelly and bring McKenna into the centre with Hilson wide

Thought we played ok today just our usual problem of not putting the ball in the net. Inverness edged the first half and i don't know how one of their chances stayed out but we were on top when we gifted the goal, thought Nouble  gave the Invernesian defence a torrid time they found it difficult to handle him. We deserved at least a point but that sounds familiar.....

Up for Henderson too. Clark is obviously a decent player but 3/5 games he’s played now he’s given away a big opportunity. We can’t afford to do that that’s so frustrating that today. I think D.C. has seen his hairpeice and got prime Miko flashbacks 

Sadly missing in midfield. Too many long balls , both Nouble and Donnelly need to learn how to head the ball. Nouble can only head to his left. Craigen should start in mid. That Duku a handfull . 

Good game spoiled with us not scoring.

Hendo for Clark would seem like the option. Defensively good and not shabby on the ball either. Not sure Donnelly and Nouble are the right combination up top. Neither seem to want to really head the long ball. A Hilson or Mckenna in behind one of them is sensible way going forward.

Mistake cost us that game draw would of been fair result IMO. Linn shouldn’t of came off. McKenna is absolutely wasted right side. Thought nouble looked good still not 100% match sharp though but definitely looks promising. Henderson should play defence forget centre midfield. Craigen in for Clark 

Thought Arbroath gave us a tough game, well organised and arguably deserved a point. Yon big fella up top looks like he has potential to be a threat, needs a bit more support around him. Nicky Low is a good wee player too, hope he can stay fit.

From an ICT perspective, I’m delighted with the result. Tough place to go and we just about edged it. Dominated the first half, scored a good goal in the second and then managed to hold on to a clean sheet. Allardice and McAlear were excellent. Broadfoot and Devine did well too, Infact the whole back four + Ridgers were good. Going forward, we showed quality in flashes and I think we have the potential to score more goals as the season goes on. God I’m getting optimistic again and I do not like it

21 minutes ago, SmokeyJoe said:

Mistake cost us that game draw would of been fair result IMO. Linn shouldn’t of came off. McKenna is absolutely wasted right side. Thought nouble looked good still not 100% match sharp though but definitely looks promising. Henderson should play defence forget centre midfield. Craigen in for Clark 

Who Henderson play over at the back though 

I feel like all the things we learnt today are positive, but we still insist on doing things that disadvantage ourselves, but none of this is new.

Mikey McKenna cannot play on the right hand side in a 4-4-2, as positionally he's miles off it and offers no protection going backwards. Like our other attacking players, he suits a 4-5-1 where he can be the third midfielder and have a more free role. We had Nouble having to cover the right hand side a whole host of times in the first half where Mikey had decided to run 50 yards after the ball and leave a huge opening.

When we play a 4-4-2, we negate our best attacking options, and we end up being less of an attacking threat than when we play a 4-5-1. We've known this since 2018 FFS.

We need to stop with the insistence in taking Bobby Linn off after an hour. Our main attacking threat/ outlet not on the park when we're on the offensive and needing a goal is ridiculous.

However, as I say, none of this is new information. All the stuff we learnt today was positive, it's just extremely frustrating that in my opinion we keep making the same obvious mistakes and hinder ourselves.

Heresy alert. When Henderson played in place of TOB we passed the ball out from the back and had a lot more control. Today we played too many punts upfield. It’s poor football at the best of time, but with two big lads up front who don’t head the ball it’s stupid.