Arbroath vs Caley Thistle

Opening day is here as we welcome Inverness Caley to Gayfield. We’ve had a very successful pre season/Premier Cup campaign which should hopefully give the squad a boost going into the start of the league season. TOB probably our only injury doubt but Liam Henderson has filled in very well beside Ricky Little at the heart of our defence. I’d expect LD to get the start ahead of Nouble up front after his very impressive performance against Kelty yesterday. Hopefully it’s a successful and uninterrupted season for us. 

Though the crowd size hasn’t been announced yet I believe the club were looking to get 1000 in for this game. 

Arbroath is normally an away game I'd never dream of missing. Sadly the uncertainty caused by the COVID restrictions and no (official) word of whether away fans can get in or not means I will be missing this one as I've made alternative plans. Gutted :(

Gardyne missing for them then? Get McKenna right in about Broadfoot

Id go 

Gaston

Stewart 

Little 

Henderson

Hamilton 

Gold

Low

Clark

Mckenna

Linn

LD

Pretty happy with that. Clark still has me 50/50 but deserves a chance here. 

19 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Gardyne missing for them then? Get McKenna right in about Broadfoot

We're apparently considering appealing the red card shown to Gardyne. May as well save the cash TBH.

Being the only part-timers this season, it's imperative that we don't get detached early in the season.

Given that ICT haven't had a great group stage, and we've done relatively well against them the last 2 seasons, this is probably as good a game as any for us to open with.

From what I've seen of us in the group stage (watching Peterhead and Hearts games on TV) we have a bit of potential going forward but our back four is a work in progress, in the way that a pallet of bricks is a house that is in progress.  We were Mark Ridgers away from getting a bit of a bumming at Tynecastle.

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

From what I've seen of us in the group stage (watching Peterhead and Hearts games on TV) we have a bit of potential going forward but our back four is a work in progress, in the way that a pallet of bricks is a house that is in progress.  We were Mark Ridgers away from getting a bit of a bumming at Tynecastle.

As I said on our thread, thankfully we won't come up against anyone nearly as good as Hearts in the league.  When we actually kept the ball down, which was most of the match, we carved Hearts open a few times.  It was like a different team than the one that was shelling long balls to 46 year old Ross Draper for 90 minutes last week at Cove.

Edit - That may have been down to Cove's horrible pitch to be fair.  Close up it looked more black that green with the amount of rubber pellets on it.

Edited by TheScarf

Looking forward to getting back to watching league games. After a good cup section we should be confident plus we've done generally well against ICT. 

Gaston

Stewart little hendo hammy 

Gold low Clark Linn

McKenna

LD 

I'm going to go bold and say 3-1 home win. Scrappy AF game incoming 

3 hours ago, TheScarf said:

As I said on our thread, thankfully we won't come up against anyone nearly as good as Hearts in the league.  When we actually kept the ball down, which was most of the match, we carved Hearts open a few times.  It was like a different team than the one that was shelling long balls to 46 year old Ross Draper for 90 minutes last week at Cove.

Edit - That may have been down to Cove's horrible pitch to be fair.  Close up it looked more black that green with the amount of rubber pellets on it.

I really like the look of The two Macs in midfield. Young yes, but amazing amount of energy with hard running in there. Also both look to have very decent distribution.  Hope Carson is fit as Duffy definitely needs a bit more work. 

The Red Lichties have a great record against us, especially at Gayfield. Last time I went down you thoroughly pumped us 3-1. That said, I’m expecting another tough one on Saturday.

Doddsball is either going to be a masterpiece or a disaster but one thing is for sure, it will be one hell of a ride. 

I fancy us to nick a win on Saturday however I wouldn’t be surprised with any result to be honest.

51 minutes ago, scottbamby said:

The Red Lichties have a great record against us, especially at Gayfield. Last time I went down you thoroughly pumped us 3-1. That said, I’m expecting another tough one on Saturday.

Doddsball is either going to be a masterpiece or a disaster but one thing is for sure, it will be one hell of a ride. 

I fancy us to nick a win on Saturday however I wouldn’t be surprised with any result to be honest.

Last game was 1-1 I think. Game the season before was 3-0 us.