The Ayrshire Derby (Act 1)

20 minutes ago, theauldyin said:

Really hope the number three scum player has recovered after Burke let him out his back pocket . Hope he signed his autograph book

That boy would genuinely be better off retiring from the game.  Aaron Comrie levels of utter ineptitude.

That boy would genuinely be better off retiring from the game.  Aaron Comrie levels of utter ineptitude.
Dare I tell you that he's been a Scotland under 21, even recently. I think he played further forward for the 21s in front of the LB. In any case, Burke taught him a lesson that he'd do well to learn quickly from. Absolutely toasted him for 90 minutes.

30 minutes ago, Dauntless said:

We are a team trying to find our equilibrium . Last season we were far too open . If we fielded that side last night Killie would have won 5-0 .  Hopkins its going down the hard to beat route . Last night despite having only 40% of the ball we were only put out the tie by a very suspect penalty . Some Ayr fans are still stuck in McCallsville and they have a point ,our team that went to Tanadice a couple of years ago and won 5-0 would have done Killie last night . However those players are long gone . We have to be pragmatic in the short term . Our build is going to be a job in progress for a while yet . That said we do have options to change or tweek the style of play and that should start on Saturday . I think we'll do ok this season ,I don't think a top four finish is out the question .

Five years down the road who knows where Smith will have taken us , we have zero debt ,construction underway and other projects coming along . We now have the ambition we once lacked in the board room . Our best years lie ahead .  Keep the faith lads .

What are you talking about? We were winning the game 1-0 before the penalty. 

I don’t know why so many of your fans, and your manager, keep peddling this line that giving away a penalty in the 86th minute whilst you were already trailing is what decided the game. 

1 hour ago, Thumper said:

The former rather muddies the latter though. Killie were very one-dimensional in the first half and just assumed that letting Burke hit the same cross in every 30 seconds would eventually pay off. The breakthrough came when they switched it up. How they'll perform against teams who aren't relegation fodder remains to be seen.

Well, they managed to salvage a late draw against Morton the other week, so there is that…

Might also be worth pointing out that Lewis Strapp bossed (and booted) Burke that night, to the point where Burke’s main contribution was greetin at the ref; Reading made him look like Jimmy Johnstone…

7 minutes ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

Might also be worth pointing out that Lewis Strapp bossed (and booted) Burke that night, to the point where Burke’s main contribution was greetin at the ref; Reading made him look like Jimmy Johnstone…

That is a fair point .

2 hours ago, Dauntless said:

We are a team trying to find our equilibrium . Last season we were far too open . If we fielded that side last night Killie would have won 5-0 .  Hopkins its going down the hard to beat route (1) . Last night despite having only 40% of the ball we were only put out the tie by a very suspect penalty (2) . Some Ayr fans are still stuck in McCallsville and they have a point ,our team that went to Tanadice a couple of years ago and won 5-0 would have done Killie last night . However those players are long gone . We have to be pragmatic in the short term . Our build is going to be a job in progress for a while yet . That said we do have options to change or tweek the style of play and that should start on Saturday . I think we'll do ok this season ,I don't think a top four finish is out the question .

Five years down the road who knows where Smith will have taken us , we have zero debt ,construction underway and other projects coming along . We now have the ambition we once lacked in the board room . Our best years lie ahead .  Keep the faith lads .

1. Unfortunately, they aren't.

2. Really - have a bit of self-respect an ddon't go with this handy comfort blanket. Ayr wouldn't have scored if they were still playing now. The only difference that penalty made was to the goal difference. No, it wasn't a penalty. Never in a million years. Neither, however, was the "stonewall" for Ayr in the first half. Ref was shite for both teams. 

17 hours ago, Dauntless said:

We are a team trying to find our equilibrium . Last season we were far too open . If we fielded that side last night Killie would have won 5-0 .  Hopkins its going down the hard to beat route . Last night despite having only 40% of the ball we were only put out the tie by a very suspect penalty . Some Ayr fans are still stuck in McCallsville and they have a point ,our team that went to Tanadice a couple of years ago and won 5-0 would have done Killie last night . However those players are long gone . We have to be pragmatic in the short term . Our build is going to be a job in progress for a while yet . That said we do have options to change or tweek the style of play and that should start on Saturday . I think we'll do ok this season ,I don't think a top four finish is out the question .

Genuinely surprised you had as much as 40% of the ball.

I haven't seen the penalty decision since I saw it at the game so can't really comment on that, but you were 1-0 down in the 86th minute getting played off the park, so I don't think it would have made a difference either way.