The Ayrshire Derby (Act 1)

8 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

That’s the thing, if some of the Ayr fans moaning about this had cared enough about their club they would’ve just bought a Kilmarnock season ticket yesterday.

Probably why their club has never achieved any success - their fans are only pretending (and let’s be honest a big percentage will be Sevcos fans of course).

At least we didn't beg £13 million of tax payers money and get it written off.

East Ayrshire, full of gypsies,thieves and tramps.

Edited by Buckfast

1 hour ago, I'm Brian said:

The 88 Ayrshire Cup game was my old Rusty Park memories. I could be wrong but I think we were all under the enclosure that night.

3 sent off. DKB was a very apt moniker that night. Think it was Harkness who came on an 10 seconds later was sent off. 

Segregation fence was a hoot back in those days

1 hour ago, Frosty said:

Was just about to say the same thing. I was definitely in the Shed for the 1988 Ayrshire Cup game where we won 2-0 and Killie ended up with 8 players after 3 sendings off. Gordon Wylde’s was particularly pleasurable - not sure if that or Face-Ache Montgomerie’s one in the Andy Walker Panenka humiliation match was more enjoyable - will need to give that some detailed consideration emoji3.png

It’s a bit sad to see Rugby Park as it was but will never be again. The atmosphere in grounds like that along with the likes of other adapted grounds like Firhill and East End Park plus lost grounds like Brockville and Broomfield was in a different league to what we get now.

This game! Popped up on Facebook today. Must be at the now Chadwick Stand end as the terracing was quite low at that end if I remember correctly.  Probably the funniest game I've ever been at!

'Louis Thow, sends off who he wants!

FB_IMG_1627487465078.jpg

Eta, Cally and Hughes I think for Ayr. I recognise McCulloch in goal for Killie but don't recall the other two.

Edited by paulbrucerick

If we can get cover for Adeloye and another midfielder then I'll be very happy with the squad we now have. Impressed by Albinson so far and it wouldn't surprise if he gets the nod for the next one at Rusty Prik

This game! Popped up on Facebook today. Must be at the now Chadwick Stand end as the terracing was quite low at that end if I remember correctly.  Probably the funniest game I've ever been at!
FB_IMG_1627487465078.jpg.63784f96a74dd0846c15d8db383a9688.jpg
Eta, Cally and Hughes I think for Ayr. I recognise McCulloch in goal for Killie but don't recall the other two.

Think the lanky p***k on the right is Paul Martin?

Another memory from that match is Jim Cowell doing a more than passable impression of Jim Baxter at Wembley in 67 - keepie uppie, standing on the ball etc - think that might have been behind a couple of the sendings off.

Great days - I think the supporters of both clubs would like to see the Ayrshire Cup reinstated.

3 minutes ago, Frosty said:

Great days - I think the supporters of both clubs would like to see the Ayrshire Cup reinstated.

Definitely. Such a shame Kilmarnock are too feart of having to give the trophy away leaving a huge hole in their books

18 minutes ago, Frosty said:

Think the lanky p***k on the right is Paul Martin?

Another memory from that match is Jim Cowell doing a more than passable impression of Jim Baxter at Wembley in 67 - keepie uppie, standing on the ball etc - think that might have been behind a couple of the sendings off.

Something we can all agree on.

2 hours ago, paulbrucerick said:

FB_IMG_1627487465078.jpg

John bourke on rhs 

35 minutes ago, I'm Brian said:

Definitely. Such a shame Kilmarnock are too feart of having to give the trophy away leaving a huge hole in their books

I'm sure that's the fault of the incompetent administrators of their club as well. 🙈

12 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

C33EA38E-C1F4-4968-9B3D-DB6A8987B625.thumb.jpeg.1cc7e0f174485c7ddc111e604b145e67.jpeg

Actually quite liked that old shed . Remember the segregation fence being further in , maybe 18 yard line . On one New Year game day our lads jumped onto the pitch , rounded the segregation fence and ran the Killie lads out their own patch . Funny as they tried to run away en masses along they’re own terrace .  Hahahahaha .

5 minutes ago, North British said:

Actually quite liked that old shed . Remember the segregation fence being further in , maybe 18 yard line . On one New Year game day our lads jumped onto the pitch , rounded the segregation fence and ran the Killie lads out their own patch . Funny as they tried to run away en masses along they’re own terrace .  Hahahahaha .

ill-take-things-that-didnt-happen-for-500-alex.jpg

1 minute ago, Buckfast said:

Oh it did happen,

Why is your entire fan base on here pretending that they were the inspiration for the fictional propa nawty boys from Shadwell Town. It didn't happen so stop piling in with this utter shite.