The Ayrshire Derby (Act 1)

For what it's worth I do find it strange that our supports seem to throw the same 'big team' patter around at each other. One of the few things I can respect about killie fans is the mutual rejection of supporting the old firm, especially as most of us have grown up in Ayrhsire. Its what makes the hello hello thing even weirder to me.
I concur, far too easy a choice in these parts to follow one of the Bigot Brothers and something I fucking hate. I know there will be many in both supports, despite you only having shared a year (maybe 2) with the zombies that will have been in Ibrox more than those plastic c***s with their fake Turkish strips.

17 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

He joined us after flopping at Ross County, I doubt he's even the highest paid player at Killie.

BBC Kilmarnock made a huge thing about his staying on after last year's dismal failure. Are those of you in the Blighted East who work unfamiliar with the concept of pay negotiation?

Good solid performance from a killie team still learning how each other play.

as easily controlled derby win as  I've seen in a long time.

what a difference is to see players giving a f**k for the jersey 

I have to say I was surprised as to how little a threat Ayr offered.

To be fair though the young Irish lad looks a player and I'm quite pleased he never came on earlier.

2 minutes ago, Thumper said:

BBC Kilmarnock made a huge thing about his staying on after last year's dismal failure. Are those of you in the Blighted East who work unfamiliar with the concept of pay negotiation?

Do you not have a pillow you should be crying into ?

5 minutes ago, killiekranky said:

Do you not have a pillow you should be crying into ?

My predictions on this thread are sharply at odds with what I've been saying about Ayr under Hopkin since he showed up so I'm somewhat less than gobsmacked. At the end of the day this is three points, and not the worst day of the last 28 years of my life; that's the sort of thing that might bring about tears.

Good solid performance from a killie team still learning how each other play.
as easily controlled derby win as  I've seen in a long time.
what a difference is to see players giving a f**k for the jersey 
I have to say I was surprised as to how little a threat Ayr offered.
To be fair though the young Irish lad looks a player and I'm quite pleased he never came on earlier.

I only watched the first half as was away to play 7s but is the irish lad you refer to Afolabi? If so, I liked him in his brief spell at us and I think he was pretty liked at Dundee last season so he should do well at Somerset.

If it's not him then I'm chatting total wham.

2 minutes ago, Thumper said:

My predictions on this thread are sharply at odds with what I've been saying about Ayr under Hopkin since he showed up so I'm somewhat less than gobsmacked. At the end of the day this is three points, and not the worst day of the last 28 years of my life; that's the sort of thing that might bring about tears.

You're still not happy though. Right?

2 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

I only watched the first half as was away to play 7s but is the irish lad you refer to Afolabi? If so, I liked him in his brief spell at us and I think he was pretty liked at Dundee last season so he should do well at Somerset.

Nah he's talking about Daire O'Connor. Afolabi did come on though he he didn't do anything of note really, no one did.

I’ve been watching Cameron since he broke into the Killie reserve team when he was only 15 and still at school. I think if he works at it he will be as good as Boyd was. A wee bit of composure in front of goal and the goals will flow. The wee spell on loan to Alloa has certainly helped. 

16 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

1777754480_images(6).jpeg.50827d3f0d9728a7ed93ccaa29fd216e.jpeg

6 hours ago, Thumper said:

Ah, you’re a hard hearted man .😉

7 hours ago, Rob1885 said:
8 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:
This is the worst post in the history of Pie and Bovril, in my humble and entirely correct opinion.

Wasnt genuine hahaha

I'm aware, but there are some things you just don't joke about.

I see David Hopkin responded to the result with his usual balanced analysis:

1 hour ago, Dunning1874 said:

I'm aware, but there are some things you just don't joke about.

I see David Hopkin responded to the result with his usual balanced analysis:

To be fair, three points isn't that far behind us. The length of the table is*. Glass half full kinda guy, obvs. 

*Not to mention five major trophies..

1 minute ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

To be fair, three points isn't that far behind us. The length of the table is*. Glass half full kinda guy, obvs. 

*Not to mention five major trophies..

Don't forget their nine "league titles" 😂

Not surprised that it's all quiet on here tbh, that was an absolute embarrassment from them last night. Absolutely no attempt to win the game - can't wait to hear them point to the scoreline and the unfortunate penalty andsay they were unlucky, despite an absolute doing. It's Hampden all over again 😂

8 hours ago, Thumper said:

He's said publically with both his last 2 contracts to get the younger ones sorted first then Killie can sort him out with a new deal, basically, he wouldn't be hard to deal with....

Feels good waking up today after a very satisfying evening. I expected Ayr to try to make themselves difficult to break down but that didn't seem to happen - and had we had a proper goalscorer in the team we could have been three-zip up at HT. As it was a goal was coming given how much space and respect Ayr afforded us, and while the penalty that was awarded was never a penalty (albeit it did look like one from the angle saw it from in the Moffat Stand at the time, yet the replays show otherwise) we should have had the game put to bed long before that.

The only Killie player who gets minus points from me last night is Haunstrup - a player who looked comically out of his depth at Premiership level and continues to do so in the Championship. Everyone else played well from the goalie to the striker. As for Cameron I'm not convinced that he's the answer as he missed a couple of sitters but in any case I'm glad he got his goal and hopefully that can see him off and running.

Finally, after all the big talk and bravado I feel a bit sorry for the Ayr guys on here who came in firing on all cylinders, only for their team to shíte the bed spectacularly and leave them with egg on their face. Ultimately, it looked like a good team playing a poor team - absolute toffee in the end. Looking forward to the next derby now and a chance to end the hoodoo at Somerset.