The Ayrshire Derby (Act 1)

6 minutes ago, Mcgregor8822 said:

This game really shows you how vital it is to have goalscorer. Killie would be some side...... if they had Dunfermlines strike force

I don’t know if it would have made any difference, they don’t seem to know how to break Ayr down and actually create chances. Main tactic seems to be getting Burke to cross it in, which isn’t working yet.

I think if Killie score one, and Ayr open up at all, they’ll get a few more though. 

Just now, Trogdor said:

We need to make a change on the left for me. We're getting murdered down there. Burke is getting on the ball too much.

So this is a bit of a hot take but I actually think this has paradoxically worked in Ayr's favour. The defense is clearly doing well enough at defending those crosses, dangerous as they are, and if it can handle 20 of Burke's crosses with only one ending up in a shot on target then it can handle another 20.

The problem is at the other end. Never mind a plan B, there isn't even a plan A. Is Adaloye supposed to be collecting knock-ons or winning them in the first place? What is Salkeld's actual role? And it was total rabbit-in-headlights stuff from anyone else who somehow found themselves in possession in the opposition half.

Still, great save from Corey Feldman from Their one shot.

THE LOST BOYS (1987) COREY FELDMAN LSB 035 Stock Photo - Alamy

1 minute ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

I don’t know if it would have made any difference, they don’t seem to know how to break Ayr down and actually create chances. Main tactic seems to be getting Burke to cross it in, which isn’t working yet.

I think if Killie score one, and Ayr open up at all, they’ll get a few more though. 

Yeah well i suppose you have got a point i just think a good goal scorer will be getting on the end of the crosses with good movement and anticipation. Also a striker who can take the ball in to feet and use it well are like hens teeth in this league.

13 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

Pen surely

13 minutes ago, Accies1 said:

That is a penalty.

12 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

That's a stonewall penalty. How has the referee not awarded that?

12 minutes ago, Left Back said:

Pen for me despite Faddy’s slavering pish.

11 minutes ago, edinburghhonestman said:

Looked like a penalty to me.

10 minutes ago, Gianfranco said:

I’d have given the penalty.

10 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

What. A. Diving. Cűnt.

Spot the odd one out

1 minute ago, buddie06smfc said:

Chris Iwelumo says a lot without saying anything of any meaning. What a load of guff came out his mouth in response to was it a penalty.

Could they have picked a worse trio?

Jack, Victor and Isa would do a better job