The Ayrshire Derby (Act 1)

Frankly, I'm not convinced there was much fighting with the council. If they did, it's a pretty crap result tbh. I reckon you're about 1,000 tickets short of what is a comparable result to Hearts etc.
When there was chat of you not having 2 stands I could understand the allocation. However with 4 stands available it's too low tbh. Hence if the club fought, it didn't do particularly well.

It sounds like there will only be a handful or fans in the Frank Beattie stand though, it's definitely not running anywhere near full capacity compared to the others.

10 minutes ago, Cmac1869 said:

Hearts have 3,500 more seats than us at full capacity, we now have lost 1500 seats in Moffat as they are building offices in top tier. This leaves us east stand with 4600,Chadwick (away) 4400 and a very small section of the main stand which houses players and officials who need to socially distance from punters. To get nearly 3700 from essentially just over 10,000 available socially distanced seats is not the worst. Moffat and most of Frank Beattie main stand being wiped out drastically reduces our ability to distance. Also in east stand the rows are particularly close so to obtain 1m social distance you would require every second row with minimum of 3 seats between bubbles.

Fully aware of that, hence I said you are 1,000 away from a comparable result. Hearts have 5,272 for their opener. Which is 26.5% of their capacity. Whilst you have 3,692. 1,000 more would have you on 4,692.

You guys also need to make your mind up as to whether you have 4 stands available or not tbh. I'm confused how do you get from 17,889 to 10,000 with all 4 stands?

If you only have 10,000 seats available then 3,692 is a good result tbf. Comparatively speaking. I remain sceptical of the 10,000 though.

Edited by Trogdor

I'm not sure what you're suggesting here? It sounds like we had to fight with the council to even get what we got, so are you suggesting we should have prioritised an away support over our own season ticket holders?
What bit don't you get. Was out with two local councillors last night, I can assure you there was no fight. We simply should have all our season ticket holders in and made available a small number of tickets for the away support. No priority so don't try and act smart.

7 minutes ago, kilMARKnock said:
3 hours ago, craigkillie said:

I'm not sure what you're suggesting here? It sounds like we had to fight with the council to even get what we got, so are you suggesting we should have prioritised an away support over our own season ticket holders?

What bit don't you get. Was out with two local councillors last night, I can assure you there was no fight. We simply should have all our season ticket holders in and made available a small number of tickets for the away support. No priority so don't try and act smart.

When the allocation given is the exact number of season tickets Killie have it gives the impression that they just couldn’t be arsed implementing segregation for a small number of away fans.

11 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

When the allocation given is the exact number of season tickets Killie have it gives the impression that they just couldn’t be arsed implementing segregation for a small number of away fans.

It sounds to me that the club / councillors were more than happy to have 100% home advantage in what is a monumental season for Kilmarnock.  This, to try and eek out every minutiae of advantage to gain the 3 points on opening day. Who wouldn’t in Kilmarnock’s position?

15 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

I took it as the originally quoted value being slightly lower than that and then us lobbying to at least ensure us getting them all in. The segregation issue for this game is probably not insignificant too, since presumably all the extra police would count towards the permitted capacity and we'd probably have to give Ayr a stand to themselves.

42 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

It sounds to me that the club / councillors were more than happy to have 100% home advantage in what is a monumental season for Kilmarnock.  This, to try and eek out every minutiae of advantage to gain the 3 points on opening day. Who wouldn’t in Kilmarnock’s position?

Such small time behavior if that's the case. 🙈

Just makes it even better for 2nd January, Hub will be open ,beers will be flowing , buses lined up in the car park . Singing the songs as we embark .  Our club lifts a tidy profit from a packed bar .

unless of course the tv mob moves it to a Monday again , ! 

1 hour ago, Moomintroll said:

We had more than enough comedians on the park that day, thanks.

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

Very generous of you to call Andy Cameron a comedian. Bigot might be more appropriate.

We had Broadfoot covering both.

I appreciate both teams are still looking to add players to their squads but there would seem to be a real lack of genuine creativity and goals in both sides. 

A scrappy, hard fought draw for me and for the first game of the season I'd take it. 

I can't see how the home side are odds on favourites for the league before a ball's even been kicked. Are they on a par with the likes of Hearts and Dundee Utd from previous Championship seasons? 

16 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

I appreciate both teams are still looking to add players to their squads but there would seem to be a real lack of genuine creativity and goals in both sides. 

A scrappy, hard fought draw for me and for the first game of the season I'd take it. 

I can't see how the home side are odds on favourites for the league before a ball's even been kicked. Are they on a par with the likes of Hearts and Dundee Utd from previous Championship seasons? 

Absolutely not - have you learned nothing from this thread?

Kilmarnock are MASSIVE, they are a HUGE team. Much bigger than Hearts or Dundee Utd, as they’ve been in the top league for a million years - have you not heard?

They are so huge, they are throwing away seats to make offices.  MASSIVE offices.

They are selling their big shop too, as they now have a MASSIVE shop.

MASSIVE club.

They are so massive, I heard they are building a 5th stand - first in the world. MASSIVE.

On your first point - looking at the number of goals scored in this league this afternoon should maybe concern both clubs, unless it is indicative of the defensive qualities we'll find in the championship. I only hope Innes steps up sharpish, or the new lad from Boro hits the r ground running.

On your second point, bookies' odds reflect the market rather than the actual chance of something occurring, but that's exceptionally mean. Maybe they never saw us play last season? Obviously I'd like to see us go straight up, and we should have the resources for a realistic stab at the title, but better than evens in a ten horse race? That's mental.

West curve you're a bit slow. Hursty got in first.

11 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Yup I'm changing my tune.  Our defence clearly brilliant haha.    All wee need is a 2-0 win on Monday now and the KB's are rock bottom 

Edit and we will of course be top 😎