The Ayrshire Derby (Act 1)

4 minutes ago, Buckfast said:

Aye, if we  could have just begged the bank for £13 million we could have bought them all up

Anyone reading this post please click onto Buckfasts profile then content and see how much this £13 million of debt is keeping him up at nights.

3 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

Anyone reading this post please click onto Buckfasts profile then content and see how much this £13 million of debt is keeping him up at nights.

You'll be reading it for a while this season.

Some amount of head loss in this thread. 
FWIW I think this will be a draw. Ayr will wind us up about it for a while, and the killie fan base will blow their collective gasket. This has shades of the cup game a few years ago for me, its a massive game for a completely new team to be playing in. 
Are Killie likely to make any last minute signings ahead of the game?
Killie are rightly favourites, but I think most Ayr fans will feel slightly better about the team we can put out compared to even a week ago.

4 hours ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

Looks like the maths department at Mainholm is just as fucked as the English department.

The money ceased to belong to us (the taxpayer) when it was given to Lloyds. If you can't accept that then you're living in an alternative reality. It's entirely factual.

At first I thought you were a troll but you're just a moron. Astonished you can operate a keyboard.

44 minutes ago, Jeff Venom said:

Are Killie likely to make any last minute signings ahead of the game?
Killie are rightly favourites, but I think most Ayr fans will feel slightly better about the team we can put out compared to even a week ago.

We confirmed the signing of 20 year-old striker Rumarn Burrell on loan from Boro this afternoon and TW has said he wanted to bring in two strikers, so there may be activity before Monday night. Based on the way things have gone with our recent transfer windows who knows whether that'll actually materialise or not. As for Burrell his stats would suggest he's not had a lot of senior games so I suppose we'll have to see what happens with how he slots into the team.

TL,DR: Maybe. Don't know. 

2 hours ago, deadasdillinger said:

I mind watching the footage of the planes crashing in to the twin towers on a loop on the news, wondering why I was still looking on but unable to turn it off. 

I mean, I don't want to compare this thread to 9/11, but if the shoe fits. 

Let’s hope on Monday that Ayr return to their Ground with Zero points.

sassy james corden GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

6 hours ago, I'm Brian said:

OK I'll bite. Let's nail this scarf thing once and for all.

The scarves came about because David Murray thought it would be a good idea. He approached the club and whatever fucktard it was at the club agreed.

One would assume the fucktard in question was Bill Barr as he controlled everything, 

A grand total of seven were sold and were eventually taken down due to the backlash from every Ayr supporter that visited the shop.

Now to employ some classic whataboutery what are your thoughts on the Union Jack T-Shirt that sold out in the Killie shop?

I take it now you're on this thread your unhealthy participation in the BRALT is over and can we expect you to be polluting our threads for the next few years spouting off about half and half scarves from 20 years ago, several times a day?

Honest question Brian.

What's this about Union Jack T-shirts that apparently sold out?

Before everyone wakes up tomorrow can we please stop the shite. OUR first Ayrshire derby in too many years has been diluted by arseholes that couldn't run a piss up in a brewery. If in any way our alleged Trust member of the board hasn't maximised her alleged influence to allow an away support in on Monday she needs to go. She must answer that question. I hope all that cannot attend enjoy the BBC experience, well you know I I'm telling fibs..... WFAANW, [emoji14]

9 hours ago, Hawkeye the Gnu said:

Honest question Brian.

What's this about Union Jack T-shirts that apparently sold out?

Your official merchandise a blue t shirt with an outline of a butchers apron. It did exist. If you don't agree then we'll agree to disagree

Out of interest how do you think Ayr will line up. 

I expect for Killie barring a big signing upfront we will go like this.

Sam Walker 

Jason Naismith

Euan Murray

Chris Stokes 

Brandon Haunstrup 

Stephen Mcginn

Brad Lyons or Blair Alston 

Liam Polworth 

Chris Burke 

Fraser Murray 

Innes Cameron 🥺

McAdams

Houston Fjortoft McGinty Reading 

Salkeld Muirhead Murdoch 

O’Connor                               Maxwell 

Adeloye

We could see Muirhead drop back into a back 3 with Houston and Reading push on forward a bit or even start in that formation . One things for sure, with how we press, Killie won’t get much time on the ball early on. 

Before everyone wakes up tomorrow can we please stop the shite. OUR first Ayrshire derby in too many years has been diluted by arseholes that couldn't run a piss up in a brewery. If in any way our alleged Trust member of the board hasn't maximised her alleged influence to allow an away support in on Monday she needs to go. She must answer that question. I hope all that cannot attend enjoy the BBC experience, well you know I I'm telling fibs..... WFAANW, [emoji14]

I'm not sure what you're suggesting here? It sounds like we had to fight with the council to even get what we got, so are you suggesting we should have prioritised an away support over our own season ticket holders?

15 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

I'm not sure what you're suggesting here? It sounds like we had to fight with the council to even get what we got, so are you suggesting we should have prioritised an away support over our own season ticket holders?

Frankly, I'm not convinced there was much fighting with the council. If they did, it's a pretty crap result tbh. I reckon you're about 1,000 tickets short of what is a comparable result to Hearts etc.

When there was chat of you not having 2 stands I could understand the allocation. However with 4 stands available it's too low tbh. Hence if the club fought, it didn't do particularly well.

Edited by Trogdor

1 minute ago, Trogdor said:

Frankly, I'm not convinced there was much fighting with the council. If they did, it's a pretty crap result tbh. I reckon you're about 1,000 tickets short of what is a comparable result to Hearts etc.

When there was chat of you not having 2 stands I could understand the allocation. However with 4 stands available it's too low tbh. Hence if the club fought, it didn't do particularly well.

Hearts have 3,500 more seats than us at full capacity, we now have lost 1500 seats in Moffat as they are building offices in top tier. This leaves us east stand with 4600,Chadwick (away) 4400 and a very small section of the main stand which houses players and officials who need to socially distance from punters. To get nearly 3700 from essentially just over 10,000 available socially distanced seats is not the worst. Moffat and most of Frank Beattie main stand being wiped out drastically reduces our ability to distance. Also in east stand the rows are particularly close so to obtain 1m social distance you would require every second row with minimum of 3 seats between bubbles.