The Ayrshire Derby (Act 1)

2 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Did he not have COVID? His wife’s post on Twitter seemed to suggest he did. If he did then we don’t know how much of an effect it has had so it might take him a wee while before he’s back up and running again.

Was told he was laid pretty low with covid.

9 hours ago, Moomintroll said:

Why is your entire fan base on here pretending that they were the inspiration for the fictional propa nawty boys from Shadwell Town. It didn't happen so stop piling in with this utter shite.

In the days when there were occasional rumbles around or even at games, I remember clashes with Hearts (scrapping each other to get out of the second tier), Hibs (Midweek LC shenanigans home and away), Morton (welcome to Greenock - here's a brick to ventilate yer bus*), and Dundee, aided by the herding techniques of Tayside Police.  The usual scum behaviour from the Bigot Brothers' acolytes, of course. Ayr? not so much. Like yourself, Moomin, I was around in those days, and don't have to rely on some mytholgical Golden Age of Hooliganism to embroider the facts. 

*Replacing coach windows must have been a nice little earner in the 70's and early 80's.

9 hours ago, North British said:

January 1st 1986 2.55 pm . Done rotten in your own shed as your gramp’s looked on from the main stand . Be still my beating heart . 

Seriously? f**k me you lads are precious. That's up there with the Battle of Largs for upselling. A few wee scumbags loup the barrier and jump into our end, only to be swiftly expelled into the arms of the coppers. By the time most of us in the Choir were aware of any goings-on, it was all bye. 

Do tell us another...

Last game at Rugby Park I was in the Howard Arms before Kick off, away supporters bus park across the road behind Halfords.

A bus pulled in and decanted a dozen or so middle aged men in full 1980s casual regalia (larger sizes obviously )

one of them staggered across the road to the Howard and made it to the bar, where the lady explained she couldn't serve him as he was buckled.

He was helped back to the side door and outside, 30 seconds later he walks in the front door and back up to the bar, where he is again told he won't be served.

He starts shouting that's what the told him in the last place ! Once again he is helped outside and staggers back to his sad ageing tracksuit clad Peter Pan friends,

No doubt with tall tales of how he stormed two Killie pubs single handed.

Most Hooligan legends are born in the tiny drink addled brains of over imaginative under achievers.

Edited by killiekranky

10 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Did he not have COVID? His wife’s post on Twitter seemed to suggest he did. If he did then we don’t know how much of an effect it has had so it might take him a wee while before he’s back up and running again.

His interview in the AP this week he is saying how drained he was and unable to do anything for 4/5 days due the effect COVID had on him , even just walking about house was a struggle , and that is from one of the fittest guys  in the team , hope he is recovering well enough to feature on Monday ( even from the bench )

Edited by Finlay21

1 hour ago, killiekranky said:

Last game at Rugby Park I was in the Howard Arms before Kick off, away supporters bus park across the road behind Halfords.

A bus pulled in and decanted a dozen or so middle aged men in full 1980s casual regalia (larger sizes obviously )

one of them staggered across the road to the Howard and made it to the bar, where the lady explained she couldn't serve him as he was buckled.

He was helped back to the side door and outside, 30 seconds later he walks in the front door and back up to the bar, where he is again told he won't be served.

He starts shouting that's what the told him in the last place ! Once again he is helped outside and staggers back to his sad ageing tracksuit clad Peter Pan friends,

Most Hooligan legends are born in the tiny drink addled brains of over imaginative under achievers.

^^^ Was sitting shitting himself during the whole ordeal 

2 hours ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

In the days when there were occasional rumbles around or even at games, I remember clashes with Hearts (scrapping each other to get out of the second tier), Hibs (Midweek LC shenanigans home and away), Morton (welcome to Greenock - here's a brick to ventilate yer bus*), and Dundee, aided by the herding techniques of Tayside Police.  The usual scum behaviour from the Bigot Brothers' acolytes, of course. Ayr? not so much. Like yourself, Moomin, I was around in those days, and don't have to rely on some mytholgical Golden Age of Hooliganism to embroider the facts. 

*Replacing coach windows must have been a nice little earner in the 70's and early 80's.

I do remember a barney v Hearts during a midweek cup replay but that is the only time I remember anything happening in the ground. Plenty of fun and games outside though, especially Hibs, Partick & for some odd reason East Fife

3 hours ago, killiekranky said:

I've got to say that's bloody funny !!

I can also relate to this after a session on the polish vodka, but definitely not guilty on this occasion.

Back to the Football, this match is pretty much an unknown quantity for all of us as two virtually entirely new sides playing one another.

I'd expect us to be stuffy and solid at the back and mostly relying on set pieces for our chances, however we do also seem to have a bit of pace up top so maybe play on the break ??

As for Killie, not sure how they'll approach the game at all ??