The Ayrshire Derby (Act 1)

1 hour ago, killiekranky said:

That suede shellsuit just screams class !

The 'Robin Hood' . Some things from the 80's should be left there. Although paired with a pair of Farah's and some Diadora Borg Elite looked mint in the day.

Showing my age here.

What a shithole. They have short memories when they call our place a hole 
Not RP, I don't do twitter but remember being shown some great pics (think in the 80s) some guy Taylor had taken in the Ayr end at RP if you would prefer a look at a proper old stadium.

Not RP, I don't do twitter but remember being shown some great pics (think in the 80s) some guy Taylor had taken in the Ayr end at RP if you would prefer a look at a proper old stadium.
I was fairly young when Killie got promoted but I remember going to the old RP and I preferred it to the new one tbh. The east stand when full at the derby games looked amazing from the away end.

I was fairly young when Killie got promoted but I remember going to the old RP and I preferred it to the new one tbh. The east stand when full at the derby games looked amazing from the away end.
Without a shadow of a doubt!

Bobby Fleeting did deliver on his promises but give me the old ground any day of the week. (or at least one that you can fit your fucking legs in without giving the guy in front some weird knee head massage).

3 hours ago, AUFC 1910 said:

What does “killie win” mean?

Not seen that for quite some time my friend.

DCF5494B-A37B-4BE2-87B3-9729CCA6C6A9.jpeg

3 wins, 1 loss, 1 draw in the last 5 meetings, but ok. 

This picture has been posted several times already. I'm assuming from the date it's from the last meeting, which wasn't exactly a significant result for yous. I could understand a Killie fan posting the Dean Shiels goal which helped us go on to win the cup, but if this goal from a largely forgotten game is really that significant to yous then cool. 

What an absolute state to get yourself into. 
On the off chance there are any sensible Ayr fans on here - have you got all the rockets in the league, or can we expect this standard of nonsense every fucking week down here?
Oh, and in the interests of being the better person: 
1. Capacity has been set at 3692 BY. THE. COUNCIL. (following application from the club, which means that admittance is ST holders only. Makes what is a bit of a test event that wee bit easier to manage, I expect). There's plenty of home fans who won't be getting to see the game either. 
2. While we would like to have as many in the ground as possible, including getting your mob in to witness a skelping, imho we'd have to be having a capacity of at least 6000 before I'd countenance denying home fans tickets for the sake of letting away fans in. I know it's a massive match for the minnows, but console yourself with this thought: you've still got at least three "cup finals" this season, at least one of which will be in a modern stadium. 
Away fans have been disallowed for a while - ffs, even home fans have been banned for a while. It would be naive in the extreme to expect special treatment for this fixture, at this point, in this climate.
..and our downward spiral, so far, has reached the highest level Ayr have reached for over forty years. I'd be waiting a wee while longer before crowing. 
You really want to bring trophies into the conversation, Colin?
Clearly not to your lot. We have higher ambitions. 
The condescension is strong with this one. You're taking your relegation well, I see.

I think it's because a decent sized chunk of our supporters on here are either blinkered fanboys, shite trolls or overly sincere folk who can't take a joke. Plenty of other clubs in this division where that probably applies too, right enough.
Very true.

There are some fannies in every team's support but that doesn't mean it's an even distribution on here.

All good fun though (mostly).

16 minutes ago, deadasdillinger said:

This picture has been posted several times already. I'm assuming from the date it's from the last meeting, which wasn't exactly a significant result for yous. I could understand a Killie fan posting the Dean Shiels goal which helped us go on to win the cup, but if this goal from a largely forgotten game is really that significant to yous then cool. 

It was just the last meeting the teams had, that’s all.

Good to see you’re not bothered but.

MMP

The 88 Ayrshire Cup game was my old Rusty Park memories. I could be wrong but I think we were all under the enclosure that night.

3 sent off. DKB was a very apt moniker that night. Think it was Harkness who came on an 10 seconds later was sent off. 

Segregation fence was a hoot back in those days

Yeah, I remember it being about a third of the way into the shed.

Was just about to say the same thing. I was definitely in the Shed for the 1988 Ayrshire Cup game where we won 2-0 and Killie ended up with 8 players after 3 sendings off. Gordon Wylde’s was particularly pleasurable - not sure if that or Face-Ache Montgomerie’s one in the Andy Walker Panenka humiliation match was more enjoyable - will need to give that some detailed consideration [emoji3]

It’s a bit sad to see Rugby Park as it was but will never be again. The atmosphere in grounds like that along with the likes of other adapted grounds like Firhill and East End Park plus lost grounds like Brockville and Broomfield was in a different league to what we get now.

5 hours ago, AUFC 1910 said:

Came across this pic online and it reminded of very early visits to rugby park 

A7690A17-F9AF-4F97-B58B-8FF3E0147AD4.jpeg

The cop at the white fence has a tit helmet, this is England possibly the old Den at Millwall or Hillsborough 

18 hours ago, flood said:

We can only let in what EAC let us. That is the fact. Number of attendees was number of season tickets sold at 6PM….Were they fearful  of a load of Ayr fans buying our season tickets so they could attend? 

Killie fans are not happy with the numbers and ban on away fans 

Whats your arrangements for first home game? Any numbers? Are SAC any better?

That’s the thing, if some of the Ayr fans moaning about this had cared enough about their club they would’ve just bought a Kilmarnock season ticket yesterday.

Probably why their club has never achieved any success - their fans are only pretending (and let’s be honest a big percentage will be Sevcos fans of course).

Just now, Sortmeout said:

That’s the thing, if some of the Ayr fans moaning about this had cared enough about their club they would’ve just bought a Kilmarnock season ticket yesterday.

Probably why their club has never achieved any success - their fans are only pretending (and let’s be honest a big percentage will be Sevcos fans of course).

🎣