The Ayrshire Derby (Act 1)

I was hoping the first league derby since 1993 would be in the top flight rather than down here, but we have to roll with it.

Killie obviously massive favourites on account of being the bigger and better club. That means all four of these derbies will be like a cup final for "The Honest Men", which is good news for Killie, since they've never actually won one of those.

Predicting a comfortable 2-0 home win with goals from Polworth, Burke and Murray.

Edited by craigkillie

Alexa, show me a try hard.

Looking forward to this, we’ve steadily come along so far in pre season and with the potential of a few new signings on the way, there’s every reason to be optimistic going to the plastic dome. Killie, although topping their group, have been unconvincing by all accounts and when you break down their signings, have some average championship players. Big Tomi to get the super off to a flyer with a 1-0 win to send the local wildlife into hysterics. 

41 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

I was hoping the first league derby since 1993 would be in the top flight rather than down here, but we have to roll with it.

Killie obviously massive favourites on account of being the bigger and better club. That means all four of these derbies will be like a cup final for "The Honest Men", which is good news for Killie, since they've never actually won one of those.

Predicting a comfortable 2-0 home win with goals from Polworth, Burke and Murray.

The Colins will never have to purchase any duraglit but bitter experience has taught me that they have got the hang of besting us in Cup ties so please don't encourage them. That said I agree with a 2 nil win with both goals early as I won't get back from work until 8:15ish so that would be bloody typical.

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

2-0 with 3 scorers? Education in Killie not improved much I see🤔

Unless we bring in a few decent signings in the next few days, I’m unfortunately expecting to routinely lose this tbh. We’ll sit in and with nothing much on the counter or in the middle of the park, they’ll eventually break us down. 

Killie have struggled in the league cup at times, but this is the real stuff and I’m not expecting that to continue. 

I’m not really too confident to be honest. I don’t know enough about our team yet to really trust them enough to assume we’ll win easily.

However we do know whatever the result that the phrase “form is temporary, class is permanent” should be kept in mind at all times.

I wouldn't really say we struggled in the League Cup, we were by far the better team in all four games (as you'd expect us to be). We're definitely a body or two short in attack - if we'd had a Lafferty yesterday we'd have won about 7-1.

I'd like to think that we can win this one, thinking Ayr are a mid table team at best with a poor bench and seem to be hoping for some Burnley under 23 player's to strengthen there team but this may not happen. Can see them sitting in trying to hit on the break but if Killie can score early so they have to come out could be a good day at the office, 3-0 Killie.

Pigs fly whenever we win at Rugby Park and I'm not expecting Peppa to get her wings after this one.

Take anything from this and it will be a good result.

Narrow defeat where we are competitive and we move on to the next game

If we get pumped then the pressure will be on the manager and team from the off.  Not really the position you want to be in after game 1.

I would much have preferred this game to have three or four weeks in. The lack of away fans gives me the fear

Given it’s up the road and we never win there I’d be quite happy with a draw tbh. It all really depends on what kind of state the squad is in but even if we bring 3 players in before this game we won’t get to see them in action so it’s hard to be sure of anything.

Given it’s up the road and we never win there I’d be quite happy with a draw tbh. It all really depends on what kind of state the squad is in but even if we bring 3 players in before this game we won’t get to see them in action so it’s hard to be sure of anything.
Same for me, being competitive and getting a draw would do for me at this stage, anything better a bonus.
I was there in 96 when Bobby Connor put them out the cup but our more recent visits haven't been as fruitful. Apart from 96 I can't recall seeing us win there since I started going around 1990 though I may have been too young.

And let's be honest here: Killie are the jammiest, luckiest club in Scottish football history, if luck is going to land at anyone's feet next Monday, it's going to be theirs.