Greenock Morton vs Dunfermline Athletic - Sat 31st July

On 27/07/2021 at 13:34, Cardle is Magic said:

£14 for a stream? Any Pars fan paying that needs sectioned.

On 27/07/2021 at 13:38, CallumPar said:

£14 for a stream? Robbing b*****ds.

It is a massive 2 quid more than your absolute bargain12 quid price to be fair.

For that 2 quid you get 90 minutes of Andy Richie!

1 hour ago, madton said:

It is a massive 2 quid more than your absolute bargain12 quid price to be fair.

For that 2 quid you get 90 minutes of Andy Richie!

£12 is also robbery so there’s no need for whataboutery.

At least half a dozen people I know asked me about getting a Pars stream last season and were keen until they heard the cost.

The service is nowhere near good enough to justify the price and I only paid it a few times as I saw it as a charitable donation. No chance I’d pay similar - and certainly not more - to another club.

We could have the Hearts team of 2014-15 that absolutely pissed the Championship, and I'd still not feel confident. Cappielow is such a dreadful place for us to get results. We were winning 2-0 there in 2017 and it really should have been 4 before half-time and we managed to lose the game 3-2.  Hopefully this is the finally the season we get our arse in gear and will never have to lay eyes on that Millions sweeties logo ever again.  

2 hours ago, DAFC. said:

We could have the Hearts team of 2014-15 that absolutely pissed the Championship, and I'd still not feel confident. Cappielow is such a dreadful place for us to get results. We were winning 2-0 there in 2017 and it really should have been 4 before half-time and we managed to lose the game 3-2.  Hopefully this is the finally the season we get our arse in gear and will never have to lay eyes on that Millions sweeties logo ever again.  

That logo is no more. 

Morton on the verge of doing the impossible here… starting this season weaker than we finished last.

Would be all the more pleasing to pump these nervy Pars types with a skeleton squad, but I can’t see it.

Hamilton
Hynes
Strapp
Ledger
Lithgow
Jacobs
Blues
Lyon
Ugwu
Oliver
Muirhead

(That’s not so much a suggested team, more (apologies to Mark Russell) a list of available players.)

Will it be good enough to grind out an uninspiring 1-1? You’d love to see it…

7 hours ago, JustOneCornetto said:

Referee tomorrow is Willie Collum, oh joy!!

Ah well we have the officious WC who will kill the flow of the game with Pl standards on tackling etc

And Inverclyde Council's over zealous interpretation of the Covid 19 rules. Masks and spacing.

On the plus side STH don't need to access until between 2.15 - 2.45 at a rate of 20/minute.

Will be suprised if this watered down squad keep the run against Dunfermline going but will be happy with a point until the so called special signings arrive.  

6 minutes ago, Paisley Ton said:

On the plus side STH don't need to access until between 2.15 - 2.45 at a rate of 20/minute.

Unless your surname starts between A-L, who have to traipse in before 2:15, sip on their wee Capri-Suns and bounce to 'Live is Life' on an endless loop until kick-off.

@Dunning1874

1253606552_tenor(8).gif.d73c4d3dcc7daab04887ea241b1bf632.gif

Edited by vikingTON

On 29/07/2021 at 18:15, The Ghost of B A R P said:

Morton on the verge of doing the impossible here… starting this season weaker than we finished last.

Would be all the more pleasing to pump these nervy Pars types with a skeleton squad, but I can’t see it.

Hamilton
Hynes
Strapp
Ledger
Lithgow
Jacobs
Blues
Lyon
Ugwu
Oliver
Muirhead

(That’s not so much a suggested team, more (apologies to Mark Russell) a list of available players.)

Will it be good enough to grind out an uninspiring 1-1? You’d love to see it…

While the squad is a total nick/non-existent, the first XI doesn't actually look worse than what we had at the end of last season when we were drawing literally every game at this level. If not 'much better' for losing McGinty and his one-man sabotage act in the middle of the defence every week. 

I think we might get a draw from this one. If Grant has his team giving up as much space as his Alloa sides did every week then Dunfermline will be far from invulnerable. 

2-2

Edited by vikingTON

33 minutes ago, Paisley Ton said:

And Inverclyde Council's over zealous interpretation of the Covid 19 rules. Masks and spacing.

Has this been explained anywhere? 

I can see asking people to wear a mask if they’re walking around like in restaurants and pubs but can take it off when seated.

I can see saying wear a mask if there’s no social distancing.

Both? Really?