Greenock Morton vs Dunfermline Athletic - Sat 31st July

30 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Their “rules” are laughable on the surface.

What if everyone takes off their face covering when the game kicks off? Do they actually expect people to believe they are going to chuck 1500 folk out the ground?

£14 for a stream? Any Pars fan paying that needs sectioned.

Given that Inverclyde Council waited till today to even give us this, if that happened I wouldn't be surprised if they just refused the application for that level of crowd the next time round.* As it is, we've been allowed less than 15% capacity in a ground where about half of that capacity isn't even under cover - while wearing facemasks and having a ridiculous level of staggered entry. 

*Seriously hoping that by our next home match that we don't have to go through as much as this. 

Pars have the 2nd best squad in the league (possibly the the best as Kilmarnock are still questionable). Peter grant paying proper attacking football, Morton having one of the worst squads in the league, 4-1 pars, easy. 

1 hour ago, SpoonTon said:

Given that Inverclyde Council waited till today to even give us this, if that happened I wouldn't be surprised if they just refused the application for that level of crowd the next time round.* As it is, we've been allowed less than 15% capacity in a ground where about half of that capacity isn't even under cover - while wearing facemasks and having a ridiculous level of staggered entry. 

*Seriously hoping that by our next home match that we don't have to go through as much as this. 

Think Thistle we’re doing staggered entry as well but were basically admitting to supporters that it was not really necessary.

We didn’t have staggered entry on Saturday with > 1500 people and there were no problems. Club also said everyone should wear face masks but hundreds didn’t bother and I’m very confident no one was asked to leave.

PA also announced we shouldn’t throw the ball back onto the pitch and instead pass it to a ballboy…of which there were none.

Basically, Councils are interpreting Government guidance however they fancy and it’s a complete farce.

1 minute ago, Cardle is Magic said:

We didn’t have staggered entry on Saturday with > 1500 people and there were no problems. Club also said everyone should wear face masks but hundreds didn’t bother and I’m very confident no one was asked to leave.

People were being repeatedly told by stewards to put their masks on during the game on Saturday at Cappielow.

Not really sure why that should be a stewards job mind you.

1 minute ago, Stevie Aitken's Love Child said:

People were being repeatedly told by stewards to put their masks on during the game on Saturday at Cappielow.

Not really sure why that should be a stewards job mind you.

Nothing like that at EEP from what I saw although the stewards in the North West did confiscate the young team’s drum.

Absolute jobsworths.

Is the staggered entry due to the poor access to the stands? No sign of it in stadiums with plenty stairwells/access points and/or large concourses. Think Morton potentially just have one turnstile/entry and exit point for each stand, so are trying to avoid crowds gathering.

14 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Think Thistle we’re doing staggered entry as well but were basically admitting to supporters that it was not really necessary.

PA also announced we shouldn’t throw the ball back onto the pitch and instead pass it to a ballboy…of which there were none.

Basically, Councils are interpreting Government guidance however they fancy and it’s a complete farce.

The was a couple of awkward moments on Saturday when fans in the cowshed very obviously wanted to kick or throw the ball back onto the pitch but just had to watch the ball slowly roll past them. 

Wearing a mask in the open air ffs. I kinda get it in the concourse or walking to your seat, but ffs that's a joke some steward telling you to put your mask on when you are where you should be. Going to put my brolly up in the house to protect me from the thunderstorm that's coming. Same logic. 

8 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Nothing like that at EEP from what I saw although the stewards in the North West did confiscate the young team’s drum.

Absolute jobsworths.

I was asked to put mine on while seated against Dumbarton, I politely refused, and that was that. 

Stewards shouldn't be asked to attempt enforcing this, I dont know how much a steward is paid but its not enough to deal with all that shite. 

Now remember, if you are buying the stream, masks must be worn at all times. 

They don’t require masks in the queue outside or when 1500-2000 people all walked in one large group from the stadium either.

You’re always going to struggle to get people to buy-in when the rules don’t make any logical sense and are instead just “These are the rules because they are”.

The stewards in the North West on Saturday were just baffling, took the drum away, and I was also told that the seat I had paid for, I wasn't allowed to sit in it or be anywhere near it, and told just to sit/stand beside someone who wasn't a complete stranger 😬 it was blamed on parstv at first but that turned out to be bull. And there was never a reason given for the lack of drumming or why I wasn't allowed in my seat. Also not even a hint of telling anyone to sit down and keep a mask on either. 

26 minutes ago, Leedafc said:

The stewards in the North West on Saturday were just baffling, took the drum away, and I was also told that the seat I had paid for, I wasn't allowed to sit in it or be anywhere near it, and told just to sit/stand beside someone who wasn't a complete stranger 😬 it was blamed on parstv at first but that turned out to be bull. And there was never a reason given for the lack of drumming or why I wasn't allowed in my seat. Also not even a hint of telling anyone to sit down and keep a mask on either. 

I really didn’t understand the whole issue with the drum. The guys are just trying to create an atmosphere and it seemed curious to spend the week talking about being more like St Pauli and then having stewards acting like p***ks and trying to justify their existence.

10 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

I really didn’t understand the whole issue with the drum. The guys are just trying to create an atmosphere and it seemed curious to spend the week talking about being more like St Pauli and then having stewards acting like p***ks and trying to justify their existence.

so the drummer was told to beat it?

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:

The closer it is, the more I feel we finally manage away to our bogey team this Saturday. 

Certainly your best chance in awhile to beat us at Cappielow.

13 first team players one of which went off with concussion on Sat so expected to miss out, one hasn't kicked a ball for us yet and another one  has only started 1 league cup game.

Rest of the bench will be made up of kids.

10 days behind in terms off fitness/match sharpness because of Covid and zero squad depth. ( just getting Gus's excuses in early for him)

Every Morton fan is pretty scunnered right now. Will be amazed if we take anything on Saturday. We look ok defensively but you will control the game and create too many chances so bound to take 1 or 2.

1-2.

6 minutes ago, madton said:

Certainly your best chance in awhile to beat us at Cappielow.

13 first team players one of which went off with concussion on Sat so expected to miss out, one hasn't kicked a ball for us yet and another one  has only started 1 league cup game.

Rest of the bench will be made up of kids.

10 days behind in terms off fitness/match sharpness because of Covid and zero squad depth. ( just getting Gus's excuses in early for him)

Every Morton fan is pretty scunnered right now. Will be amazed if we take anything on Saturday. We look ok defensively but you will control the game and create too many chances so bound to take 1 or 2.

1-2.

Ok now that just scares me now. 1-0 Morton. 

12 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

My betting on football was terrible last season so have stuck a tenner on Morton.

I’m afraid I have cancelled this out by sticking a tenner on Dunfermline. 6/5 for a Pars win seems very generous given the two squads.