Maryhill v Maxwelltown (Dumfries)

For those wondering

https://www.theifab.com/laws/latest/offside/#offside-offence

A player in an offside position at the moment the ball is played or touched* by a team-mate is only penalised on becoming involved in active play by:

• interfering with play by playing or touching a ball passed or touched by a team-mate or

• interfering with an opponent by:

• preventing an opponent from playing or being able to play the ball by clearly obstructing the opponent’s line of vision or

• challenging an opponent for the ball or

• clearly attempting to play a ball which is close when this action impacts on an opponent or

• making an obvious action which clearly impacts on the ability of an opponent to play the ball

or

• gaining an advantage by playing the ball or interfering with an opponent when it has:

• rebounded or been deflected off the goalpost, crossbar, match official or an opponent

• been deliberately saved by any opponent

Some absolute waffle by the co-commentator about the deflection being classified as a save due to the proximity to the goal line. 😂

Seriously where did they get this commentator?

I'm trying to figure out who was subbed as he failed to tell us. He then talks over the announcer and finally announces the sub incorrectly ffs.

Aye they are diddies.

Seriously where did they get this commentator?

I'm trying to figure out who was subbed as he failed to tell us. He then talks over the announcer and finally announces the sub incorrectly ffs.

1 minute ago, Margaret Thatcher said:

For those wondering

Some absolute waffle by the co-commentator about the deflection being classified as a save due to the proximity to the goal line. 😂

I'm sure there have been similar instances in England where no offside was given due to the defender playing the ball. The difference is a block/save from a defender does not start a new phase of play, but if the defender plays an intentional pass it does. In this case it was clearly just a block so it's still offside.

I always enjoy the reactions of people having to endure listening to Michael Max for the first time.
Wait until you hear The Arbroath Fermer. Until now I thought he was the worst but it's a close battle.

Just now, partick_twinny said:

I'm sure there have been similar instances in England where no offside was given due to the defender playing the ball. The difference is a block/save from a defender does not start a new phase of play, but if the defender plays an intentional pass it does. In this case it was clearly just a block so it's still offside.

"Phase of play" has no part of it. That concept only exists within the context of VAR.