Maryhill v Maxwelltown (Dumfries)

Sigh.

As I said earlier there was a lot to be encouraged by today but if we're going to continue to gift teams 2/3 goals every game then we're in trouble. I don't want to hear it's individual errors anymore, we need to responsibility as a team defensively.

A draw would have been a fair result today but if you defend as badly as that you get what you deserve.

Greg Aitken isn't my favourite official but I didn't think he was as bad as others are saying tbh. I found one of his decisions baffling - Graham stopped an attack in the second half by pulling back our player and avoided an obvious yellow. He then booked Graham later for kicking the ball away. Objectively he's lucky to have stayed on. But I thought the linesman at the dugout side was far worse. He almost gifted Thistle a goal and on first and second viewing I didn't think our offside goal was offside.

Hopefully our Government gets its arse in gear for the next visit as I enjoy a trip to Firhill and I won't be paying for that service again.

11 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

A draw would have been a fair result today but if you defend as badly as that you get what you deserve.

I think this just about sums it up. Both teams looked decent with the ball on the deck, and both looked shaky at the back. Thankfully Queens looked a wee bit more pish defensively than we did.

I'll savour the win but more questions asked than answered.

Surely need to do have better than McKenna at right back and Sneddon in goal.

Anyway, top of the league and we are back with a bang. 

Two teams that can't defend, we were undoubtedly lucky to win the game but possibly just having that extra bit of quality in the final third - Graham and Rudden compared to Roy and Junior. Think our shape today doesn't really suit us and Queens exploited that well throughout.

Special mention to Queens not bothering to give a guard of honour pre match.

Just now, Virtual Insanity said:

Two teams that can't defend, we were undoubtedly lucky to win the game but possibly just having that extra bit of quality in the final third - Graham and Rudden compared to Roy and Junior. Think our shape today doesn't really suit us and Queens exploited that well throughout.

This. The formation was changed to accommodate Mayo. 

A straight back four suits us better.

If we stick with that formation, a pacy attacking RWB is needed.

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Jimmy Savile?

Yes, that lovable, sexy, fair-haired rogue who never seems to bother with common decency and the law's not for him either, it seems.

362618540-scaled-e1597120746466-696x392.jpg

Thought we were extremely lucky to win that but it came down to finishing.

Honestly really liked the look of queens, throught they looked sharp and round alot of overlaps and some really nice movement from them. Would say they were the better team so it's a bit of a grab from us.

Wullie Gibson had a great game, his goal was a cracker and Sneddon should he stopping that. Hes also a very nice man for checking on big brian when he fell backwards into an ad board.

Think Doc was lucky not to get sent off when he absolutely clattered that boy at the flag, absolutely nasty challenge. If the ref was nearby he would of been in some serious doo doo.

Sneddon looked ropey as per but were lucky that calamity didnt cost us a goal, hopefully once Stone gets a look in we can move on from Sneddon.

Standouts for me were Holt who was absolutely solid, Rudden for doing alot of work on the first two goals and of course BBG.

47 minutes ago, Virtual Insanity said:

Why should they?

51 minutes ago, Virtual Insanity said:

Not being funny but do teams usually do a guard of honour for a sides achievements the previous season in a different division?

1 hour ago, Virtual Insanity said:

False title in a shortened season.  If wee McCall says he won't include it in his CV it says it all. I wonder if he had to change his kecks after the fright he got when the fireworks went off at the presentation, he certainly wasn't expecting it.