21/22 League Cup 2nd Round Draw

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Yeah, this. Don't think we play a single Saturday game throughout August.

I want as easy a tie as possible really, so whatever that looks like. This game for us will take place just 3 days after we play Galatasaray, then just 4 days before we, one way or another, play in a European Play-Off for a group stage. Probably means this will take the back seat and it'll be a rotated side that plays.

15 minutes ago, Phillips455 said:
  • Arbroath vs St Johnstone

That'll do, pig, that'll do.

Every chance Arbroath beat us obvs, as we'll be very, very, distracted and will play a weakened side + they'll want revenge for the 4-1 the other night. But lower league side + close to Perth means its a good draw.

That'll do, pig, that'll do.
Every chance Arbroath beat us obvs, as we'll be very, very, distracted and will play a weakened side + they'll want revenge for the 4-1 the other night. But lower league side + close to Perth means its a good draw.
Don't really think we have a weakened team and the ones who do play will be trying to get self in the window for either a crack at Europa League play off or Conference league play off. Tough draw for Arbroath and one I cannot see Callum taking lightly. Ideal opportunity to kick start our defence of the trophy

1 minute ago, perthsaint1977 said:

Don't really think we have a weakened team and the ones who do play will be trying to get self in the window for either a crack at Europa League play off or Conference league play off. Tough draw for Arbroath and one I cannot see Callum taking lightly. Ideal opportunity to kick start our defence of the trophy

Yeah we have strength in depth, and should add more before then surely, but I wouldn't be raging if we prioritised the European games and rested players v Arbroath if they look like the need it.

One of those games where having players like Bryson, who can come in seamlessly and perform, is a bonus.

Yeah we have strength in depth, and should add more before then surely, but I wouldn't be raging if we prioritised the European games and rested players v Arbroath if they look like the need it.
One of those games where having players like Bryson, who can come in seamlessly and perform, is a bonus.
At the end of the day, if we beat Arbroath, then we are one game away from getting back to Hampden for a semi final. We will take Arbroath seriously

13 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

As good a draw we could have hoped for in the circumstances.

Yep, St Mirren or Dundee at home were the best we were looking at. 

Hopefully the squad is in better shape by the time this game comes around.