The League Two 21/22 Sack Race

The League Two 21/22 Sack Race  

53 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

16 hours ago, tamthebam said:

I don't think Edinburgh City have ever sacked a manager per se.

Persuaded a few to resign perhaps but never sacked them.

There is a saying, that "there's a first time for everything!".

The most obvious answer to this question however, is probably the Annan boy. Maybe the Stirling guy if they had a poor start (which I can't see).

23 hours ago, Tenkay said:

There is a saying, that "there's a first time for everything!".

The most obvious answer to this question however, is probably the Annan boy. Maybe the Stirling guy if they had a poor start (which I can't see).

Although we have a fair bit of recent history in giving managers close season extensions of contract then changing our mind before Christmas - cue panic search - this season's warm up cup ties have created a rare feeling of optimism for the season ahead and there would have to be a monumental drop off in performance and results for our executive to come close to that this year.

The obvious way to go is with the teams who have the bigger budgets but there is so much at stake nowadays for the clubs in this division it could literally be anyone who gets off to a bad start. Rovers are not known for being a sacking club in recent times. Reid could have been sacked after the Scottish cup disaster against Buckie but fair play to him he absolutely nailed the loan signings during the transfer window.

Kevin Rutkiewisc took a bit of stick last season for not getting Stirling to the playoffs. Always liked him though - comes across really well but ultimately it’s about results and I assume he has a healthy budget to play with especially now since Andy Ryan departed which if going by pre-season results looks as if it has brought the squad together.

Rutkiewicz is under the bigges pressure I would say. Clearly operating with a decent budget and after last years play off collapse it's vital he gets off to a good start. Seems to be a fair bit of optimism at Forthbank but the league cup tournament is essentially pre-season and we will get a fairer idea of where they are at on Saturday.

Cowden, Stranraer and Annan look the weakest squads on paper (as we know that's not how it will turn out) but I wouldn't have thought the managers at those clubs will be under as much pressure as presumably working with the smallest budgets in the league.

Edited by Neilly

Can’t see Stirling sacking KR unless we get off to a really poor start and don’t look like we can recover the lost ground. Agree playoffs this year for the Albion is a minimum.
Fancy either Stranraer or Albion Rovers to sack their managers, depending of how they fare.

When you've cleared out the team and have now been thoroughly outplayed by Albion Rovers, are deservedly 2-0 down and have managed 2 shots, neither of which have been on target I'll lump a tenner on Naysmith

7 hours ago, tamthebam said:

When you've cleared out the team and have now been thoroughly outplayed by Albion Rovers, are deservedly 2-0 down and have managed 2 shots, neither of which have been on target I'll lump a tenner on Naysmith

Too much changes too quick Tam.

Really anything less than runner up is a failure after the previous manager doing that twice with big spending Cove and QP ahead of his side.