Raith vs Accies, 31/7/21

Goal one, Zanatta is on KMac, but doesn’t spot the cross in time because he’s leading KMac toward the goal. Decent position, but needed to be slightly more central. Tumilty down with injury during attack, Bene went wide and Berra stayed central. Dick was further out with an attacker trundling goalward as KMac zipped in with Zanatta, and could have done better.

Goal two, Tumilty lets Ryan get behind him and them is simply beaten and Ryan slots it home, Bene on the near post is good, Berra is covering the middle fine, the shot is unstoppable.

Goal three, cross gets to KMac because Dick is on the wrong side of him. Templeton beat Riley-Snow to cross it in, and beats Bene, Spencer and Berra with the cross.

Goal four, Berra misses the scorer, leaving Dick split between two attacker.

Looked at Fotheringham’s shot, and I don’t think he had a better choice to try the cross with a CB between him and Connolly, and the shot was excellent.

Made it to 4-2 before putting it off, absolutely no intention of going any further. I’ll comment on what I’ve watched…

We look very good going forward again, which is really pleasing. Poplatnik and Vaughan seem to have formed a wee understanding already, the former’s flick on header for the latter to run in and score the 4th is a great example of knowing what the other’s strength is and where the other is going to be. A few great goals, Zanatta’s and Connolly’s both excellent hits, Vaughan’s is pure audacity. Zanatta’s chance where he it played through and tried to go with the outside of the boot would’ve been on the SPFL twitter feed tomorrow with a comment about free-flowing football had it gone in - and it really aught to have, a bad miss. Varian is through 1-on-1, gets round the goalie and slips, Tumilty hits the bar… You’ll rarely see as one sided a match to that point.

The collapse is so disappointing. I saw us collapse v Dumbarton from 3-0 and thought we’d never top that, but from 4-0 and absolutely cruising is embarrassing and we deserve the pile on from other fans.

At least next week is a nice easy one at a ground we routinely win at…

Just watched the highlights. Absolutely criminal how easily we were beaten from high balls throughout the match. Even from limited highlights you can see how big an impact Chucky, McMann and Temps made. They were involved in every goal and the other chances the highlights showed too.

As poor as I think Easton has been so far this season I don't think we'd have been losing as many high balls if he had been on the park.

Can't help but feel that our season hinges on the fitness of Temps, which is extremely worrying.

Did anyone else in the Mcdermid stand see the ding who left after our fourth shouting towards the Rovers fans that he was going to batter someone? 

He disappeared down the Links for a carry out and then proceeded to weild his bottle of beer in the direction of our support on his way back up. 

Looked like Harry Potter's cousin. 🤦🏻‍♂️

What a game for the neutral! I had great fun watching this yesterday to get my football fix before Lanarkshire’s premier team start their season today.
I was hugely impressed with Rovers who should have been about 6 up by the time Accies started their comeback. They’d easily have battered Motherwell based on the first hour, but deary me what a collapse!
I had a wee chuckle when Templeton waddled onto the park looking about a stone overweight but he was excellent and swung the game in Accies favour along with Raith’s young subs not quite doing enough to impose themselves on the game.
Some great goals too from Zanatta, Connolly and Ryan. Those Accies fans that left early must be raging.

Accies fans have previous of leaving games in Fife early. Few years ago wee were 3-0 down to Cowdenbeath and a fair few left before we made an incredible comeback which included a goal from the half way line from Jesus.

9 hours ago, TxRover said:

Goal one, Zanatta is on KMac, but doesn’t spot the cross in time because he’s leading KMac toward the goal. Decent position, but needed to be slightly more central. Tumilty down with injury during attack, Bene went wide and Berra stayed central. Dick was further out with an attacker trundling goalward as KMac zipped in with Zanatta, and could have done better.

Goal two, Tumilty lets Ryan get behind him and them is simply beaten and Ryan slots it home, Bene on the near post is good, Berra is covering the middle fine, the shot is unstoppable.

Goal three, cross gets to KMac because Dick is on the wrong side of him. Templeton beat Riley-Snow to cross it in, and beats Bene, Spencer and Berra with the cross.

Goal four, Berra misses the scorer, leaving Dick split between two attacker.

Looked at Fotheringham’s shot, and I don’t think he had a better choice to try the cross with a CB between him and Connolly, and the shot was excellent.

On the Fotheringham shot, watching the attack unfold from the South Stand I'm sure there was a point where he could've easily squared it for a tap in for Connolly. Connolly was absolutely raging at him after it. 

Upon the highlights two things I missed. The absolute state of Zanatta trying to get the ref to book Fulton for booting the ball after the penalty goes in, you’re team just scored m8.

Why didn’t Fulton jump for Vaughns chip? Not that I think it would have made any difference but he goes down to his knees after he sees the ball is going up the way.

Edited by Scotty Tunbridge

13 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Why didn’t Fulton jump for Vaughns chip? Not that I think it would have made any difference but he goes down to his knees after he sees the ball is going up the way.

Vaughan knows he'll go to ground and times the chip to perfection. 

Hard to blame the goalie for that one in my opinion. 

36 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

On the Fotheringham shot, watching the attack unfold from the South Stand I'm sure there was a point where he could've easily squared it for a tap in for Connolly. Connolly was absolutely raging at him after it. 

Yeah there absolutely was. Was the first reaction of everyone round us also.

46 minutes ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

Vaughan knows he'll go to ground and times the chip to perfection. 

Hard to blame the goalie for that one in my opinion. 

Our goal yesterday was identical to it.  Sutherland just waited for the keeper to drop and he dinked it over him.

After the game yesterday, I walked down Pratt Street, so was walking the opposite way to most Rovers fans, and was hearing snippets of umpteen conversations, and I can honestly say I've never heard the sentence, "I don't f*cking believe that" uttered so often in such a short space of time.

I'd love to say  I've never seen anything like that before, but I was at the Cheaper Insurance Direct Stadium in 2015, and I genuinely think it's affected how I've viewed the Rovers ever since. 

Even when Hamilton got their first, I thought, "oh oh" which shouldn't really be the first thing a fan thinks when their team is winning 4-1 with 20 minutes to go. When the second went in, I'd already chucked in the towel about taking all three points, and at 4-3 I presumed we were going to lose. 

I literally went from thinking we could challenge for the league after an hour, to checking the fixture list at full time and wondering where the first win was going to come from, which is quite the mindset change. 

I suppose the biggest question mark to come from yesterday is how should we feel about the game, and what it means. I think the first 65 minutes is as good as we've produced under McGlynn, including the 5-1 win over Dunfermline, we were excellent, and what I think we should definitely recognise, is how well we defended during that period as well. We were hugely impressive from back to front, so I'm not totally buying into this idea that we're terrible defensively. 

What definitely cost us the game was the substitutions, from both sides, and while Hamilton's strengthened, ours weakened us, however, while McGlynn got his wrong, and I rarely try and defend someone by suggesting hindsight is a great thing, I agreed with all the subs at the time. 

I used to get infuriated when we didn't give young guys minutes when we were winning games easily, and while I still think it's a good idea, what you don't want on the park when the team is in panic mode, is a bunch of teenagers, so that definitely hindered us for the last 10 minutes or so. 

The biggest hinderance was Riley-Snow however, but again, taking off a forward for a defensive midfielder seemed a sensible thing to do. Unfortunately, Blaise seemed miles out his depth, and while he might improve, I really thought he cost us. He continually gave the ball away, he lost out in tackles, positionally seemed unsure, and was absolutely done at the third goal, he was really poor. 

From a dispassionate point of view, yesterday was arguably one of the best games I've ever been at. If you want great football, which we supplied for over an hour, excitement, brilliant goals, lots of them and drama, then this ticked every single box, which is beyond rare at this level. I'd have preferred seven goals rather than eight right enough. 

And fair play to Hamilton, I was laughing at them and Brian Rice for the bulk of the game, but considering the last turnaround from four goals in Scottish football was 10 years ago, you have to give them a huge amount of credit, what a day and night it must have been for them. 

At least next week's obligatory 2-0 defeat to Inverness will be more straightforward. 

5 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

4 hours ago, CALDERON said:

Yeah there absolutely was. Was the first reaction of everyone round us also.

I’ll defer to those present with a better view, but that’s  an inexperienced 18 y-o who made an error, so I not raving about it. It certainly looked the Accies CB would have had a fair shot at intercepting a cross on the replay, perhaps earlier than you see there?