Raith vs Accies, 31/7/21

7 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

I presume MacDonald took the number 7 jersey because the number 2 was already taken, not because you're using him further up the park? 

2 is Hakeem Odoffin but looks like he will be away by Saturday. Rice said we will have 5 extra bodies for this one and they will be needed. 

On 25/07/2021 at 08:43, Accies1 said:

Accies to play some nice side to side passing with absolutely zero cutting edge for 20 minutes. Raith will then begin to deal with it comfortably and we'll revert to hoofball, despite having no players over 5'5 or with any physicality about them. Raith to then take the lead just before half time, Accies fans to boo and ask Rice to politely leave at half time. Raith to come out in the 2nd half and look comfortable, scoring another goal or 2.

Rice to come out after the game saying the young boys gave their all and that it's difficult signing players for Hamilton, despite every other Championship club being able to get players, then inevitably say 'we'll dust ourselves off and go again next week'.

Spot on post and we will hear the same old shite week after week from Rice

How long do we give Rice before he is actually punted

15 minutes ago, smc4761 said:

He should have been sacked after the Annan game last season. 

18 minutes ago, smc4761 said:

Is it safe to say he’s gone off the boil?

2 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Is it safe to say he’s gone off the boil?

He promised to always play attacking football. Few months later he was plqying 7 defenders 😂.

Recent poll had 99.5% of fans wanting him out.

Just now, FuzzyBear said:

He promised to always play attacking football. Few months later he was plqying 7 defenders 😂.

Recent poll had 99.5% of fans wanting him out.

I'm sure we'll contrive to keep him in his job for another week for you.

2 minutes ago, FuzzyBear said:

If you are as bad as us it is shaping up to be a thriller 😂

I dunno, we've kept a few good clean sheets in the league cup, and a lot of our play has looked pretty good. 

At the same time I don't think our forward options have clicked yet at all. 

Plus, I always suffer from excess negativity at the start of a season. Saves time later.

Edited by renton

9 hours ago, R.R.FC said:

Kieran MacDonald against Tumilty should be an interesting battle.

This is indeed likely to be quite fun. Tumilty and MacDonald know each other very well, and are pretty well matched. I would say fitness is a near wash, with a slight edge for Tumilty. Crossing is quite similar, with the very slight edge to MacDonald. However, Tumilty is more willing to cut inside and shoot. On the defensive end is where I see the biggest difference, as I believe Tumilty is the superior defender.

Regardless, it’ll be a fun watch.

2 hours ago, YER SISTERS YER MAW said:
4 hours ago, baillieinleeds said:
These Hamilton fans sounds too Falkirky to me. 

Wash your fckn mouth out! Can you imagine an Accies fan having the audacity to play the crowdwank card?

🤣🤣 nothing to do with crowdwanks, it’s the we’re pish talk oh the Rovers will win easily. Falkirk did it all the time and invariably always beat us. 

[emoji1787][emoji1787] nothing to do with crowdwanks, it’s the we’re pish talk oh the Rovers will win easily. Falkirk did it all the time and invariably always beat us. 
Tbf we, like Falkirk, have actually been pish for a while.

Just now, accies1874 said:
11 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:
emoji1787.pngemoji1787.png nothing to do with crowdwanks, it’s the we’re pish talk oh the Rovers will win easily. Falkirk did it all the time and invariably always beat us. 

Atleast you’ve played at the highest level for a good few years. Something Failkirk haven’t 

24 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

🤣🤣 nothing to do with crowdwanks, it’s the we’re pish talk oh the Rovers will win easily. Falkirk did it all the time and invariably always beat us. 

13 minutes ago, accies1874 said:
24 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:
emoji1787.pngemoji1787.png nothing to do with crowdwanks, it’s the we’re pish talk oh the Rovers will win easily. Falkirk did it all the time and invariably always beat us. 

To be completely fair, it was more often a tie that they were celebrating their plucky team gaining recently…except the pre-season. Looks like they enjoyed last year so much they elected to skip most warmup games this year.