Raith vs Accies, 31/7/21

Opening game of the Championship season for both teams. Raith coming off four clean sheets in the League Cup, but not exactly scoring freely…Accies stumbling in the final match against Albion Rovers to miss advancing. Time to see how things look in real matches.

RaithTV should be streaming PPV at: https://www.raith.tv. No prices announced, but last year was £12 for most, and £14 for a couple.

Edited by TxRover

18 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Opening game of the Championship season for both teams. Raith coming off four clean sheets in the League Cup, but not exactly scoring freely…Accies stumbling in the final match against Stirling Albion to miss advancing. Time to see how things look in real matches.

RaithTV should be streaming PPV at: https://www.raith.tv. No prices announced, but last year was £12 for most, and £14 for a couple.

Wrong Albion, not that it matters, I'm sure Stirling would have matched us as well if not beat us. 

Honestly have no confidence at all, our shite form from last season looks like its carrying over, can only see a comfortable Raith victory.

2 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Will away fans get any allocation for this?

The away fans got some in the two League Cup matches, but it will depend on the number of fans they figure they can accommodate. I’ve heard 900 or so ST sales, but that seems a bit low. Given that with one end open we allowed for some 600 or so fans, if we’re still using those standards, we’ll be offering 1,200-1,400 seats if all the stands as open as possible. I’d expect an announcement by Wednesday here: https://www.raithrovers.net

22 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Opening game of the Championship season for both teams. Raith coming off four clean sheets in the League Cup, but not exactly scoring freely…Accies stumbling in the final match against Stirling Albion to miss advancing. Time to see how things look in real matches.

They were playing West Brom you nugget.

3 minutes ago, Laid-back Accie said:

Wrong Albion, not that it matters, I'm sure Stirling would have matched us as well if not beat us. 

Honestly have no confidence at all, our shite form from last season looks like its carrying over, can only see a comfortable Raith victory.

Yep, saw Albion and didn’t click…

Just now, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

They were playing West Brom you nugget.

21 minutes ago, TxRover said:

The away fans got some in the two League Cup matches, but it will depend on the number of fans they figure they can accommodate. I’ve heard 900 or so ST sales, but that seems a bit low. Given that with one end open we allowed for some 600 or so fans, if we’re still using those standards, we’ll be offering 1,200-1,400 seats if all the stands as open as possible. I’d expect an announcement by Wednesday here: https://www.raithrovers.net

Was that not when we were only allowed 1000 fans in whereas now we're allowed 2000 so allocation per stand could increase? I'm not even sure if the main stand is open, when booking my tickets for today it was only offering the south and north stand. With that in mind say 950* per each stand behind goal for home fans and rest for Hamilton fans in railway stand would do it - I'm guessing 100 fans could be accommodated in there social distancing wise? 

*completely plucked from thin air and no idea if that's possible in each stand. 

2 hours ago, Raithie said:

Was that not when we were only allowed 1000 fans in whereas now we're allowed 2000 so allocation per stand could increase? I'm not even sure if the main stand is open, when booking my tickets for today it was only offering the south and north stand. With that in mind say 950* per each stand behind goal for home fans and rest for Hamilton fans in railway stand would do it - I'm guessing 100 fans could be accommodated in there social distancing wise? 

Given ~600 was the socially distanced number in the North Stand, I assumed similar/identical in the South, 100 or so in Railway, and Main for team and staff. Even allowed 2,000, we have to still distance, unless I missed a note.

2 hours ago, TxRover said:

Given ~600 was the socially distanced number in the North Stand, I assumed similar/identical in the South, 100 or so in Railway, and Main for team and staff. Even allowed 2,000, we have to still distance, unless I missed a note.

Now we're in level 0 the social distancing is now down from 2m to 1m which might change things attendance setting in each stand. 

55 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Now we're in level 0 the social distancing is now down from 2m to 1m which might change things attendance setting in each stand. 

Yes, that would do it, I missed the confirmation of that. On the face of it, that might almost double capacity, which should allow 2,000.

Accies to play some nice side to side passing with absolutely zero cutting edge for 20 minutes. Raith will then begin to deal with it comfortably and we'll revert to hoofball, despite having no players over 5'5 or with any physicality about them. Raith to then take the lead just before half time, Accies fans to boo and ask Rice to politely leave at half time. Raith to come out in the 2nd half and look comfortable, scoring another goal or 2.

Rice to come out after the game saying the young boys gave their all and that it's difficult signing players for Hamilton, despite every other Championship club being able to get players, then inevitably say 'we'll dust ourselves off and go again next week'.

21 hours ago, Raithie said:

That sounds roughly right to me, with Main Stand for staff/players. Not sure how it'll work if you have a season in the main stand and its not in use for this game ?

Edited by Halbeath Raith Rover

11 hours ago, FuzzyBear said:

I hope Accies have a few back as that team yesterday would ship 5 or 6 to Raith.

We scored 5 goals in 4 games, and 4 of those were against Brechin.

Before McGlynn arrived first time around and ended the hoodoo with a win at Airdrie, we had went 15 years without an opening day win. Since then, our record has been very good, 1 defeat in 14 years. However, that defeat was at home to Hamilton…

We have played pretty well in the League Cup, looked solid at the back and created plenty of chances, we are just struggling to finish them off at the moment.

I’d imagine it is likely we will see the same line up as Saturday. Good early test to see where we’re at. Hamilton haven’t had a great League Cup campaign but coming down from the Premier League they’ll be looking to hit the ground running. Kieran MacDonald against Tumilty should be an interesting battle.

First game at Starks for me since the win over Forfar pre lockdown so looking forward to it. I’ll predict 2-0 Rovers with Vaughan and Connolly getting the goals.