Bully Wee vs Sons

Brian's problem is that he probably has no understanding of the juvenile bantz which lubricates the lower divisions of Scottish football's chronic underachievers.  That's why the Sons v Blue Brazil fixture is known worldwide as the 'El Giro', in recognition that both towns are shiteholes.  No genuine Clyde fan would take umbrage at the original tweet - you dish it out and you take it, end of.  Lighten up, Wing Commander.

Just now, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

That is absolutely wild. The guy is making himself look like a complete idiot now, for such an educated guy he clearly has absolutely zero common sense or any awareness of how pathetic he is coming across. 

I can't decide if writing to Sturgeon is my favourite bit of that article, or if it's " I showed my mother that tweet and she was deeply upset."

We're almost a week on from a tweet previewing a game between two teams he doesn't support in a town he doesn't live in, and he's still lost the plot. This must be a contender for one of the biggest heads gone moments of all time.

4 minutes ago, Clydeside said:

Worth remembering that there might be something in it for him. The longer his indignation is treated as sincere, the longer he's likely to enjoy the perks of publicity, and those have never been easier to monetise.

Na, this isn’t him playing a game, this is a guy who is completely unaware that he is ripping the absolute c**t out of himself and everybody is laughing at him. 

The Sun aren’t daft either, they know fine well that article is basically a point and laugh article aimed at Brian. They must have been rubbing their hands when he came crying to them beggin for them to put up an article.

This latest turn of events just proves to me that Brian is a horrible person who hates his mother. He knew that tweet would upset her and showed her it anyway because deep down, he wants her to feel the suffering that he did when growing up in Cumbernauld. 

1 hour ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Our man Brian has now written to Nicola Sturgeon about the Tweet. Meh gawd. We have broken him.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/scottish-news/7506581/dumbarton-cumbernauld-tweet/

The extent to which he protested was suspicious.  Smoke's clearing.

Uni lecturer whose remit is to teach the importance of leadership in business etc etc.  This is the kind of thing that started in the 90's, it's all theoretical, unquantifiable rhetoric.  Anyone who comes out these courses, and management trainees were a classic for this, end up speaking in cliches, their approach is unnatural, a workforce picks up on that straight away.  You're either born to do that or you're not.

Anyway, he's trundling along with his pretty decent public sector wage, but like all these characters likes a bit of private sector cash on the side.  So he starts hawking his wares, usually seminars and talks.  Lo & behold the SFA fall for it.  So he's giving a talk to a room full of managers and coaches where he puts forward the proposition that the success of football may rely a lot less on ability (think about that for a minute), but much more on having 11 leaders on the park, to the point that having one team captain may be a problem, the inference being it allows 10 others to shirk responsibility.   This is the kind of garbage someone like that comes away with.  2 easy examples that rip that theory apart.  As Scotland boss, Roxburgh once put out a starting eleven that had "5 or 6 club captains"....got horsed.   Howieson is ex RAF, so presumably he'd advocate everyone in the RAF were at least at wing commander level ?

It then turns out he's published a book available online.    Fair to say he's enjoyed a reasonable amount of publicity on social media, online (like P&B) and now in a national newspaper since Saturday ?

Think I'd respect the guy more if he just came clean and put an ad online "Bullshitter for Hire, very reasonable rates"   

1 hour ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Our man Brian has now written to Nicola Sturgeon about the Tweet. Meh gawd. We have broken him.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/scottish-news/7506581/dumbarton-cumbernauld-tweet/

I think he is taking advantage of the current trend for appearing 'hurt' by something innocuous.

Strangle the publicity and it goes away. 

Maybe John Mason will reply on behalf of the SNP and we can all laugh along.

• 8 months later...
On 31/07/2021 at 17:06, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I didn't really want to say anything before the game incase it ended badly but I was looking at those two lineups and thinking we looked far superior in almost every department.  There's probably only 2 or 3 Clyde players I'd take for our squad tbh.

Update - it ended badly.

On 31/07/2021 at 17:15, the_bully_wee said:

Well played to Dumbarton today, and although obscenely jealous of you all, it must've been wonderful to be back at the football in the sunshine with your team dishing out a doing. A few more additions and you'll have a good shout at 8th for sure.

And so it proved.

3 minutes ago, Bogheidman said:

This is true, but we can console ourselves with the fact that even though we’re heading to the play-offs (and deservedly so) we’re not abhorrent rape apologists.

Bogheidsgone!

Edited by the_bully_wee