Bully Wee vs Sons

2 hours ago, David W said:

Only positive is a similarly rotten looking Dumbarton lineup.

I didn't really want to say anything before the game incase it ended badly but I was looking at those two lineups and thinking we looked far superior in almost every department.  There's probably only 2 or 3 Clyde players I'd take for our squad tbh.

First half we absolutely cruised it, McKee was strutting around like he owned Broadwood and I actually feared the worst when he went off.  We didn't look as effective without him but we had more than enough to comfortably see out the game.  Both young fullbacks, who I had concerns about, were superb.  MacLean looks like the find of the summer for me, he caused Clyde no end of problems.  Hopkirk was looking dangerous out wide and Duthie is just oozing confidence at the minute, I was delighted to see him get a goal.  Orsi isn't going to score many but he done his job well and with the likes of MacLean, Duthie, Hopkirk and McKee behind him there are goals there if he brings them into play. 

What an absolute breath of fresh air it is to watch a Dumbarton team playing actual football. I think that's the first time I've properly enjoyed watching us since Duffy inherited the likes of Dom Thomas and Calum Gallacher.

Awful performance. What annoyed me more than that though was the complete lack of management from danny. He was sat in the dugout for the whole game when he should be up shouting and encouraging the players. He was also way to slow to make any changes. Horrible day at the office and could well be a tale of our season to come. :))))

Well played to Dumbarton today, and although obscenely jealous of you all, it must've been wonderful to be back at the football in the sunshine with your team dishing out a doing. A few more additions and you'll have a good shout at 8th for sure.

That was absolutely abhorrent from Clyde and the worst part about it is that you can't pick out many players and say that they played miles beneath themselves today. The starting line-up and formation was an absolute aberration from a manager whose strengths are increasingly eroding at the hands of his glaring weaknesses. Even more worringly, everything that was wrong about today was a thing that was shown to be disastrous through our pre-season schedule. I've nothing against the likes of Rumsby, Mortimer, Docherty and Jones personally and would never single them out for a lack of effort or application, but they (and others we have chucked deals at) are clearly miles off the level required to look at home in League One. We are at least three players away from making a fist of it; for Danny Lennon and his esteemed recruitment department, that'll require an enormous amount of luck. We got one of our key targets in the summer in Gomis; hopefully there are a clutch of game-changers asking for Danny's number a la Balatoni so he becomes aware of them.

Plus points to Barry Cuddihy who wrestled us control back, after we moved to a three-man midfield 50 mins too late, and looked like one of the few players who belongs at this level. That's about it.

4 minutes ago, the_bully_wee said:

Well played to Dumbarton today,  A few more additions and you'll have a good shout at 8th.

7 minutes ago, the_bully_wee said:

Well played to Dumbarton today, and although obscenely jealous of you all, it must've been wonderful to be back at the football in the sunshine with your team dishing out a doing. A few more additions and you'll have a good shout at 8th for sure.

That was absolutely abhorrent from Clyde and the worst part about it is that you can't pick out many players and say that they played miles beneath themselves today. The starting line-up and formation was an absolute aberration from a manager whose strengths are increasingly eroding at the hands of his glaring weaknesses. Even more worringly, everything that was wrong about today was a thing that was shown to be disastrous through our pre-season schedule. I've nothing against the likes of Rumsby, Mortimer, Docherty and Jones personally and would never single them out for a lack of effort or application, but they (and others we have chucked deals at) are clearly miles off the level required to look at home in League One. We are at least three players away from making a fist of it; for Danny Lennon and his esteemed recruitment department, that'll require an enormous amount of luck. We got one of our key targets in the summer in Gomis; hopefully there are a clutch of game-changers asking for Danny's number a la Balatoni so he becomes aware of them.

Plus points to Barry Cuddihy who wrestled us control back, after we moved to a three-man midfield 50 mins too late, and looked like one of the few players who belongs at this level. That's about it.

20210706_215855.jpg.41936b4544ea4cc85e7f52176aac7a11.jpg

Downsides

There are at least three players out of their depth.

Manager started with wrong team and tactics

Decent crowd watching that nonsense.

Upside

Window is not closed

Sack the Recruitment team and invest their wages in a left back and maybe right back.

The idea of a recruitment team was a decent one. It has failed - take responsibility and go.

The likelihood of our Board making a tough decision like that is infinitessimally small. My season card could have £237 on it come May.

Edited by SouthLanarkshireWhite

[emoji1303]

I didn't really want to say anything before the game incase it ended badly but I was looking at those two lineups and thinking we looked far superior in almost every department.  There's probably only 2 or 3 Clyde players I'd take for our squad tbh.
First half we absolutely cruised it, McKee was strutting around like he owned Broadwood and I actually feared the worst when he went off.  We didn't look as effective without him but we had more than enough to comfortably see out the game.  Both young fullbacks, who I had concerns about, were superb.  MacLean looks like the find of the summer for me, he caused Clyde no end of problems.  Hopkirk was looking dangerous out wide and Duthie is just oozing confidence at the minute, I was delighted to see him get a goal.  Orsi isn't going to score many but he done his job well and with the likes of MacLean, Duthie, Hopkirk and McKee behind him there are goals there if he brings them into play. 
What an absolute breath of fresh air it is to watch a Dumbarton team playing actual football. I think that's the first time I've properly enjoyed watching us since Duffy inherited the likes of Dom Thomas and Calum Gallacher.

Great start to the season. We did well for most of the game, although could do with a bit more fire power up front.

clyde looked rank for the get go and unless the get their finger out, it will be a long hard season.

Goodwillie looks done.

Just now, Silverton End said:

^^^seething

Sometimes a picture can say more than any words

Am no seething, but rather disappointed to see such a poor performance at the first attented league game in over 14 months. But aye, enjoy ur nite m8