Bully Wee vs Sons

For any away fans looking for a pre-match beverage, there are a couple of options.
The Smiddy is an eighteen minute walk, or three minute drive, from Croy Station. From The Smiddy, it’s about another 3 minutes in the car, or 15 minutes walking, to Broadwood.
Broadwood Farm (I think, as it has been literally years since I’ve been in) is a carvery so suitable for a spot of mediocre lunch and a drink too. It’s another short drive, or a slightly longer walk, from Croy Station but it’s only a few minutes walk away from the stadium.
Here’s an overview of the routes:
The Smiddy
9E0A95E1-BC66-4157-804C-0EF05AE62F34.thumb.png.13898165dd409064be620f51e9a2a751.png
3DB98B9B-D129-467B-B589-D120BC136BD7.thumb.png.13e746ba879dc6992c86e378b2880fb5.png
Broadwood Farm
23AE90D7-D320-4FF2-8D2A-E8EDFE2FA170.thumb.png.72b0c650a06d79804244a72d9b1b92c9.png
Wishing Dumbarton fans a pleasant trip. In terms or visiting Broadwood (or indeed Cumbernauld in general) July is probably about as pleasant as it gets! However, I still hope we pump you and your silly rock etc.

Broden's in Condorrat village is decent. Plenty of TVs for the football and the grub is good too. Its about a 10/15 min walk to the ground from there.

Difficult to judge what team we actually are, preparation has not been good and the early signs are we'll struggle for goals again but I've been quite happy with the way we've tried to play even with depleted squads. Hopefully Faz can add another striker before Saturday to give us an option when Orsi tires. 
How easy is Broadwood by public transport? Doubt a bus will run and am I f**k driving and staying sober whilst I watch Boaby Jones score against us. 

11 hours ago, Jack Burton said:
14 hours ago, Scott-Replay said:
For any away fans looking for a pre-match beverage, there are a couple of options.
The Smiddy is an eighteen minute walk, or three minute drive, from Croy Station. From The Smiddy, it’s about another 3 minutes in the car, or 15 minutes walking, to Broadwood.
Broadwood Farm (I think, as it has been literally years since I’ve been in) is a carvery so suitable for a spot of mediocre lunch and a drink too. It’s another short drive, or a slightly longer walk, from Croy Station but it’s only a few minutes walk away from the stadium.
Here’s an overview of the routes:
The Smiddy
9E0A95E1-BC66-4157-804C-0EF05AE62F34.thumb.png.13898165dd409064be620f51e9a2a751.png
3DB98B9B-D129-467B-B589-D120BC136BD7.thumb.png.13e746ba879dc6992c86e378b2880fb5.png
Broadwood Farm
23AE90D7-D320-4FF2-8D2A-E8EDFE2FA170.thumb.png.72b0c650a06d79804244a72d9b1b92c9.png
Wishing Dumbarton fans a pleasant trip. In terms or visiting Broadwood (or indeed Cumbernauld in general) July is probably about as pleasant as it gets! However, I still hope we pump you and your silly rock etc.

Broden's in Condorrat village is decent. Plenty of TVs for the football and the grub is good too. Its about a 10/15 min walk to the ground from there.

Also a quicker walk to the ground now as you can just walk through the retail park to the ground.

I think the official line will be they'll be no parking at Broadwood because of the test centre but either park in the away car park or at the retail park.

I am hoping we will line up like this

Mitch

Cuddihy Balatoni Page Livingstone 

Kennedy Gomis Splaine

Love DGW Cunningham

I am going for Clyde 2-0 with Jones scoring with a scorpion kick

Edited by DGW9

On 26/07/2021 at 09:32, PWL said:

Can recommend the Smiddy for a pre match pint and bite to eat. I've always used for pre-match at Broadwood.

Thanks to everyone for the pub advice here.  However, we are now in a different world from the last time I visited Broadwood and I haven't been pubbing in that time, so my questions are these ?  If an individual turns up at a pub without having booked a table in advance what is the likelihood of getting a pint or two ?  Secondly, if said individual meets a couple of fellow fans on the train can they just roll up at a boozer and request a table, pending availability ?

Apologies for my ignorance, I've not been out much.  

6 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Thanks to everyone for the pub advice here.  However, we are now in a different world from the last time I visited Broadwood and I haven't been pubbing in that time, so my questions are these ?  If an individual turns up at a pub without having booked a table in advance what is the likelihood of getting a pint or two ?  Secondly, if said individual meets a couple of fellow fans on the train can they just roll up at a boozer and request a table, pending availability ?

Booking time slots in pubs now is no longer required and yes, you and your pals can rock up together, you'll just be asked to check in with the track and trace app. Maybe see you on the train, OK! 

5 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

No bookings required so for Smiddy & Farm you’ll be able to just turn up. Hope you enjoy your pre match pints but not the result! 

53 minutes ago, C. Muir said:

Assuming it's just walk up in regards to match entry as we're allowed 2k now and won't even get half of that. 

Do the 2000 fans still have to be socially distanced (even just in theory rather than in practice)? If so, I'd imagine our capacity will be quite a lot lower than that as we won't open more than one stand. Even more so if they keep shutting off the middle section.

It should still be enough for the Dumbarton game anyway.

Edited by Jaggy Snake

Only 1k allowed into the game on Saturday and it’s pay at the gate, would have thought first game of the league campaign Clyde and Dumbarton supporters would turn up ? board must think we are tinpot or we are tinpot suppose I’ll get my answer on Saturday 

26 minutes ago, BullyWeeLad said:

Only 1k allowed into the game on Saturday and it’s pay at the gate, would have thought first game of the league campaign Clyde and Dumbarton supporters would turn up ? board must think we are tinpot or we are tinpot suppose I’ll get my answer on Saturday 

Do you seriously think 1000 will turn up for this game? I think 700 tops.