Bully Wee vs Sons

4 minutes ago, the_bully_wee said:

We had away fans at our pre-season games; I'm not sure what our Level 0 max capacity is but certainly don't foresee it being a home gate only.

Robert Jones hat-trick in a 4-3 defeat.

Surely you guys can accommodate the 2,000 max capacity in your stadium and still allow room for social distancing. What would that be 3 empty seats for every one being used?

At least I am sure I read about 2000 being the maximum just now, somewhere. It's hard to keep track of things these days 😂

Edited by squeezeboxson

I’d think Dumbarton fans will absolutely be allowed in. There’s enough room in the main stand at Broadwood to allow for distancing with a full crowd (well as many people would usually attend Clyde vs Dumbarton) anyway.

Sadly, I fancy Dumbarton will have a more productive season than us this year. Some solid signings that I would have been fairly happy with myself. Mind you, East Fife’s current implosion is helping me feel a little bit more optimistic about our season.

Hopefully, Dumbarton’s apparent lack of a goal scorer will help our shaky defence. The potential prospect of Syvertsen up against Mortimer is quite terrifying, but I don’t really know where Syvertsen is being deployed for Dumbarton. It’ll be interesting to see David Hopkirk play in the flesh after he was MIA for us.

I’ll pluck for a 1-1 draw. Jones to score a 90+6 equaliser before doing an Adebayor up to the away fans.

We have a staggeringly good record on the opening day, only one defeat in eleven years and that was under Jim Chapman. 

Unfortunately we still seem to be conceding two goals every game without much effort from the opposition. I have no idea how we'll line up and neither does Danny Lennon. I can't say I fancy our chances and if we come out of this one with a defeat, there aren't many fixtures which look too appetising in terms of wins. 

Difficult to judge what team we actually are, preparation has not been good and the early signs are we'll struggle for goals again but I've been quite happy with the way we've tried to play even with depleted squads. Hopefully Faz can add another striker before Saturday to give us an option when Orsi tires. 

How easy is Broadwood by public transport? Doubt a bus will run and am I f**k driving and staying sober whilst I watch Boaby Jones score against us. 

4 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Difficult to judge what team we actually are, preparation has not been good and the early signs are we'll struggle for goals again but I've been quite happy with the way we've tried to play even with depleted squads. Hopefully Faz can add another striker before Saturday to give us an option when Orsi tires. 

How easy is Broadwood by public transport? Doubt a bus will run and am I f**k driving and staying sober whilst I watch Boaby Jones score against us. 

Few quid in a taxi from Croy station. It's within walking distance too if you fancied that. Out the station and down the road to your right towards Balloch roundabout. Take the Smithstone cut off and a short walk through that street takes you out at Broadwood Cars which is right next to the ground.

If we're going to be starting Jones semi reguarly, then it has to be up alongside Goodie, not Goodie playing attacking mid or left wing to shoehorn Jones in. The midfield need specific roles and responsibilities too as all of them have shown some positive signs individually so far but as a unit it's not quite there yet.

Mitchell
Cuddihy - Balatoni - Page - Livingstone
Splaine - Gomis - Kennedy
Love - Goodwillie - Cunningham

I think is our strongest hand at present. Jones on alongside Goodie if the game requires it. 

I'm extremely excited for the return of proper competitive football, in front of fans and with (hopefully) an almost full-strength Sons lineup. Left-back concerns me. Our lack of goalscoring concerns me. And Robert Jones concerns me more than anything. But I can't wait. I'm just delighted that last season, with our brutal football and empty stadiums, is over and we have a fresh start and a bit more normality to enjoy.

3-1 Sons. The red-hot striker we sign this week to become this season's version of Dom Thomas and bag a hat-trick. Bobby Jones for Clyde.

Looking forward to getting back to Broadwood. Can’t say I am terribly optimistic generally but hopefully we can get a win on Saturday.

Clyde’s competitive build up I have found to be a damp squib.  Leaking goals as usual and outplayed by fucking Stranraer WTF?

Clyde 1-0 Goodie

Love - Goodie - cunningham

pleaseeeeee

Edited by TheBigGuy

Really looking forward to the game on Saturday. Confident that things will come together just nicely & we’ll start the campaign off with a victory!

Broadwood is allowed 2,000 so there’ll be tickets available for away supporters. 

I would love to see a crowd of over 1k!

This is one of few occasions where I would be looking at playing Cunningham wide right and pushing Cuddihy up to try and exploit this left side of theirs, should Boyle (as expected) not make it. I fully expect us to start with Goodwillie playing wide left and Jones and McGrath up top.

7 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Train to Queen Street then upper level through to Croy. Easy walk from there. Decent pub not far from the stadium either. Lived there for a couple of years and used to walk up to the gym from the station after work. That said, I’ll be driving through with space for three of you want a lift through and back, not a problem.

I can’t be bothered looking but reckon our record on the opening day over the last ten years must be pretty awful. We must be due a win but I have no idea what to expect from Clyde and our obvious lack of option up front is a concern. As is our apparent lack of experience in both full-back positions. I’d be inclined to play Geggan at RB if fit and let Carsy hold the midfield.

Im just looking forward to getting back to the football.

For any away fans looking for a pre-match beverage, there are a couple of options.

The Smiddy is an eighteen minute walk, or three minute drive, from Croy Station. From The Smiddy, it’s about another 3 minutes in the car, or 15 minutes walking, to Broadwood.

Broadwood Farm (I think, as it has been literally years since I’ve been in) is a carvery so suitable for a spot of mediocre lunch and a drink too. It’s another short drive, or a slightly longer walk, from Croy Station but it’s only a few minutes walk away from the stadium.

Here’s an overview of the routes:

The Smiddy

9E0A95E1-BC66-4157-804C-0EF05AE62F34.thumb.png.13898165dd409064be620f51e9a2a751.png

3DB98B9B-D129-467B-B589-D120BC136BD7.thumb.png.13e746ba879dc6992c86e378b2880fb5.png

Broadwood Farm

23AE90D7-D320-4FF2-8D2A-E8EDFE2FA170.thumb.png.72b0c650a06d79804244a72d9b1b92c9.png

Wishing Dumbarton fans a pleasant trip. In terms or visiting Broadwood (or indeed Cumbernauld in general) July is probably about as pleasant as it gets! However, I still hope we pump you and your silly rock etc.

Edited by Scott-Replay

37 minutes ago, Jordo1872 said:

Train to Queen Street then upper level through to Croy. Easy walk from there. Decent pub not far from the stadium either. Lived there for a couple of years and used to walk up to the gym from the station after work. That said, I’ll be driving through with space for three of you want a lift through and back, not a problem.

I can’t be bothered looking but reckon our record on the opening day over the last ten years must be pretty awful. We must be due a win but I have no idea what to expect from Clyde and our obvious lack of option up front is a concern. As is our apparent lack of experience in both full-back positions. I’d be inclined to play Geggan at RB if fit and let Carsy hold the midfield.

Im just looking forward to getting back to the football.

Two wins against Hibs (2015) and East Fife (2018), three draws and five defeats.

1 hour ago, Jordo1872 said:

I’ll be driving through with space for three of you want a lift through and back, not a problem.

Nothing against you personally @Jordo1872, but this is what makes a mockery of restricting the way fans can attend games in the open air just now.

But that's for another thread, back to worrying about Robert Jones finding a shooting boot & haunting us.