Cove Rangers Vs Falkirk

What a dismal and disjointed performance by Cove today. Both halves I thought we were miles off our best. Apart from Blair Yule and Scott Ross not many had a good game.

I hope Hartley doesn't persist with Gourlay and Draper, latter was woeful and former gives me the fear.

Missed Strachan at the back and Masson on the wing. 

Supposedly we are looking to bring in another striker very soon. Is needed.

As for Falkirk, Morrison is a stand out, really like his pace and directness. Nesbit was lively at times but hard to judge as he was walking away from Draper. McGuffie is decent from what I saw. A clinical striker very much needed. Wilson is a let down, tries but I can't see him getting enough goals to satisfy the Bairns.

Falkirk fans behind the goal were loud which adds to the atmosphere 👌

Edited by CoveRangers1922

14 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

What a dismal and disjointed performance by Cove today. Both halves I thought we were miles off our best. Apart from Blair Yule and Scott Ross not many had a good game.

I hope Hartley doesn't persist with Gourlay and Draper, latter was woeful and former gives me the fear.

As for Falkirk, Morrison is a stand out, really like his pace and directness. Nesbit was lively at times but hard to judge as he was walking away from Draper. McGuffie is decent from what I saw. A clinical striker very much needed. Wilson is a let down, tries but I can't see him getting enough goals to satisfy the Bairns.

Us not allowing Fyvie to get into the game today was the difference from last season. That being said he looked off the pace and that helped massively. Draper was useless and Vigurs wasn't as effective as we all thought he'd be. Wilson is rotten and the fact we've gave him a 2 year deal is a joke. Keena made much more of an impact up there when he came on so hopefully he starts next week. Still 2/3 quality signings away from looking like a good prospect this year. 

Hetherington, Mccann, Mckay and Williamson missing from the usual starting line up so still plenty to come from us hopefully. Nesbitt looked lively but I'd rather see him out wide on the opposite wing from Morrison so we have a threat on either side as McGuffie doesn't really look to get at his man. Cove goal came out the blue as we looked comfortable but when you have strikers like Megginson and Mcallister who know where the net is you're always susceptible to that goal out the blue.

Edited by FFC 1876

27 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Was just away to say I thought we were very fortunate to get a point there. Lovely finish from Rory though. 
Besides that, their keeper has had nothing to do and I think Falkirk should be disappointed they didn’t get the 3 points today, they look a lot fitter and faster than us.

New keeper is awful, he has no confidence in crosses. 

4 minutes ago, JamesMunro said:

Was just away to say I thought we were very fortunate to get a point there. Lovely finish from Rory though. 
Besides that, their keeper has had nothing to do and I think Falkirk should be disappointed they didn’t get the 3 points today, they look a lot fitter and faster than us.

Agreed, we were fortunate to get a point from that.

Was McKenzie not fit? If Hartley purposely played Gourlay ahead of Stuart he needs to have a really long think to himself. L1 keeper of the season and then benches him for a youngster who has no relationship with our defence and looks shaky.

Rory took it very well. Thought Draper was a passenger and if I were Scully I'd be pissed off being dropped

3 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Agreed, we were fortunate to get a point from that.

Was McKenzie not fit? If Hartley purposely played Gourlay ahead of Stuart he needs to have a really long think to himself. L1 keeper of the season and then benches him for a youngster who has no relationship with our defence and looks shaky.

Rory took it very well. Thought Draper was a passenger and if I were Scully I'd be pissed off being dropped

Think Hartley wants Gourlay as number 1! 

the problem was, he brings on Scully and then plays him left wing? Was he too scared to sub Draper/Vigurs?

11 minutes ago, JamesMunro said:

Think Hartley wants Gourlay as number 1! 

the problem was, he brings on Scully and then plays him left wing? Was he too scared to sub Draper/Vigurs?

If true that is extremely worrying. He will cost us points. Will be very interested to see our lineup next week!

Exactly. Too scared to drop either of those 2. He will need to grow a pair and drop Draper (3 year deal 🙄) and get Scully in there. Draper was a complete passenger the whole game. 

Left Draper on and took Fyvie off. FFS!

1 hour ago, FFC 1876 said:

Us not allowing Fyvie to get into the game today was the difference from last season. That being said he looked off the pace and that helped massively. Draper was useless and Vigurs wasn't as effective as we all thought he'd be. Wilson is rotten and the fact we've gave him a 2 year deal is a joke. Keena made much more of an impact up there when he came on so hopefully he starts next week. Still 2/3 quality signings away from looking like a good prospect this year. 

Hetherington, Mccann, Mckay and Williamson missing from the usual starting line up so still plenty to come from us hopefully. Nesbitt looked lively but I'd rather see him out wide on the opposite wing from Morrison so we have a threat on either side as McGuffie doesn't really look to get at his man. Cove goal came out the blue as we looked comfortable but when you have strikers like Megginson and Mcallister who know where the net is you're always susceptible to that goal out the blue.

We couldn't control the ball and get it passing through the midfield (normally our strong point) to Fyvie who is currently being asked to play a number 10 role due to Draper being shoehorned into the side. Fyvie isn't a number 10 clearly. His strength is orchestrating the game from deeper.

Yeah Falkirk clearly have players to come in and improve the line-up. I'm sure both teams will only get better as the season unfolds. 

Onto next week..

2 hours ago, JamesMunro said:

If we're fitter and faster after not having trained or kicked a ball in anger for ten days then that should be a real concern for you guys.

Thought we were fantastic today given the circumstances. I hadn't watched any of the friendlies or league cup games so little things we did were really pleasing to see - moves at throw ins, set piece routines etc. Team were talking to each other non stop and everyone happy to take the ball. We looked far more dangerous with Keena on the park so hopefully he's in from the start next week.

Brilliant day out and a good buzz watching us again. Need to win next week.

WE ARE FALKIRK

15 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

If we're fitter and faster after not having trained or kicked a ball in anger for ten days then that should be a real concern for you guys.

Noticed in the highlights a few cove players dropping to their knees at the full time whistle, I’m guessing the P.E teacher Tam Ritchie is still Hartleys fitness coach? Too many runs round cones at half time IMO.

Guest Back Post Misses

What a difference when you put people who can play in the middle of the park. Telfer and Nesbitt bossed it. 
The last time we didn’t hoof it as a club was actually when Pressley was in charge. Houston was very much back to front too. 
Very encouraging but still short of players. Sheerin is a refreshing change. 

Thought Seb Ross had a decent game in midfield as well and also got the better of that big haddy Draper. Certainly much rather have him than Leitch who unsurprisingly was absolutely ganting yesterday. Great to see he’s not improved at all.

9 minutes ago, Russ said:

Thought Seb Ross had a decent game in midfield as well and also got the better of that big haddy Draper. Certainly much rather have him than Leitch who unsurprisingly was absolutely ganting yesterday. Great to see he’s not improved at all.

I’ve actually been pleasantly surprised by seb Ross.  Hadn’t seen much of him previous to him signing for us by cove fans didn’t seem to rate him. Think he’s done decent for us so far