Dundee FC vs St Mirren

Watched ‘as live’ on Alba without knowing the score at all. This was a re-run of a St Mirren game from last season, wasn’t it?

Take lead but cannot hold it - Check. Get a soft-as-shite penalty award - Check. McGrath rolls it home with ease - Check. Cannot hold the lead (again) - Check. Opponent goes down to ten men, and with twenty minutes to batter them and win, we can’t - Check.

It was a repeat. Really, it was. A complete rip-off from BBC Teuchter. It was advertised as being the opening game from this new season.

Edited by pozbaird

9 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

1. Never, ever, ever a penalty 

It absolutely was. Absolutely mental to put your arms across a player as he runs past you in the box. I know stills prove nothing, but just prior to this Cummings has the choice to put his arms across Henderson, or not to. It inarguably interferes with JH's run, when he was otherwise going to be completely free to cross wildly into the stand, or shoot wildly into the stand.

image.thumb.png.9475a41c476fcaf86bb3cbd82ce30db7.png

48 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

It absolutely was. Absolutely mental to put your arms across a player as he runs past you in the box. I know stills prove nothing, but just prior to this Cummings has the choice to put his arms across Henderson, or not to. It inarguably interferes with JH's run, when he was otherwise going to be completely free to cross wildly into the stand, or shoot wildly into the stand.

image.thumb.png.9475a41c476fcaf86bb3cbd82ce30db7.png

Nah, not a chance. Minimal contact and a blatant dive. Not Sterling vs Denmark but still an absolute shocker.

There are worse fouls at pretty much every single corner or set piece so it shouldn’t be different in open play.

1 hour ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

Only just seen it, and that is never a penalty. Absolutely mental decision. 

Dundee's second is also clearly offside.

The state of refereeing in this country really is pathetic.

Felt the Cummings goal looked offside but they didn’t show a decent angle so don’t know for sure.

Foul all day, every day, and this would get awarded all over the park. I'm just glad the ref didn't have this weird idea so beloved of fans (and many refs) that fouls have to be some sort of 'super fouls' in order to qualify as penalties. 

Bizarrely, as catastrophically bad as the ref was, he got most the big calls correct on the day.

5ici5b.gif

1 hour ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

Only just seen it, and that is never a penalty. Absolutely mental decision. 

Dundee's second is also clearly offside.

The state of refereeing in this country really is pathetic.

I took the liberty of pausing at the exact moment of the pass, and the guy trying to block Marshall's cross is who is playing Cummings on. Admittedly it took me ages to pause it at the right moment and I thought Cummings was offside every time until  I looked at the screenshot. Handy that we're getting decisions from linesmen who are in line with the action and not people who are watching from dodgy angles from behind. 

Screenshot_20210802-185939_YouTube.jpg

22 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

I took the liberty of pausing at the exact moment of the pass, and the guy trying to block Marshall's cross is who is playing Cummings on. Admittedly it took me ages to pause it at the right moment and I thought Cummings was offside every time until  I looked at the screenshot. Handy that we're getting decisions from linesmen who are in line with the action and not people who are watching from dodgy angles from behind. 

I can do you one better than that. If you're only looking at the position of the defenders, I think he looks offside. BUT he's actually behind the ball, so is 100% onside. (Using the lines on the pitch, the ball is right on the 18-yard line, whereas Cummings is just behind.) 

So yeah, definitely onside, I'd say.

(PS: Pro tip - you can use the , and . keys to do frame-by-frame advance on Youtube.)

image.thumb.png.ee52c68d8695a21c43c0d1f2772b2d89.png

Edited by Coventry Saint