Dundee FC vs St Mirren

2 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
22 minutes ago, GAD said:
Nobody is denying Dundee are rubbish and this is a very, very disappointing result for St Mirren tbf.

Delusional.

So we should be happy with this result? Nah, as your fans have repeatedly pointed out, Dundee are a bad team and a draw away to them is a bad result.

Jim Goodwin and I must have watched a different game from the one some St Mirren fans watched.

Over the piece a draw was fair - there was not a great deal between the teams. I was surprised how little they offered after the sending off, considering their front two were quite effective - the tactic of humping the ball up was meat and drink to our centre halves.

Their first goal is just ridiculous defensively from our point of view - as I said before, it's something we are guilty of far too often.

Cracking ball in by McMullan for the equaliser - if Shaughnessy didn't intervene then Adam would have scored.

The penalty was very soft - I've watched it several times now and am still not convinced - the theatrics don't help either.

In the past that would have killed us but it was nice to see us fight back right away - Cummings finish was so cool.

Anderson - wtf can you say - just unbelievable stupidity.

Pleased we held on fairly comfortably in the end but it also felt a little like a lost opportunity as we were beginning to get control before the red.

Celtic up next - I genuinely hope we go for it and not sit in - give the fekkers no respect.

43 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

:lol:

Couldn't even beat ten men with the most immobile midfield ever known to Scottish football. 

We had Paul McMullan at CM :lol: 

If I was a St Mirren fan I'd be very, very worried.

19 minutes ago, RawB93 said:

We had Paul McMullan at CM :lol: 

If I was a St Mirren fan I'd be very, very worried.

We are, drawing away to Dundee is an absolutely horrendous result, genuinely doesn't get much worse. Hopefully it's early season rustiness and we can shake it off, otherwise we will definitely be fighting you for relegation.

Dundee played well play like that points will come. Saints seen us play a lot better , Brophy impressed me going to be a big player for us. Best of luck to Dundee a club that should be in the top flight always enjoy my days at Dundee. 

53 minutes ago, GAD said:

We are, drawing away to Dundee is an absolutely horrendous result, genuinely doesn't get much worse. Hopefully it's early season rustiness and we can shake it off, otherwise we will definitely be fighting you for relegation.

Exactly that, same issue that cost top 6 last season - drawing against vastly inferior sides when we should have been winning. The quicker we pick up points the less scrambles we'll have February to April and hopefully not see a February schedule like last season.

4 minutes ago, buddie06smfc said:

Exactly that, same issue that cost top 6 last season - drawing against vastly inferior sides when we should have been winning. The quicker we pick up points the less scrambles we'll have February to April and hopefully not see a February schedule like last season.

Yes! This is an absolutely horrific result for us. I can understand why Dundee fans are absolutely over the moon, but for us it's a shocker. We really need to be beating these teams, home and away.

I’ve not watched the match yet, but it seems like it was a thoroughly entertaining game of football.

A bit of a shame then that the majority of post match posts - from both teams - have been the way they’ve been.

Almost impossible to extrapolate the rest of the season from day one; but from a Saints perspective playing away to a newly promoted team on the opening day and not losing has to be pretty positive.