Dundee FC vs St Mirren

Given we were in total control by the end, the reliance on cross after cross was a bit worrying. Dundee mopped them up, or gladly accepted the fouls we conceded, quite happily. Neat passes in the channel, followed by a cross to the back post. Clear. Repeat.

We had spells of knocking it around quite well, and some of our movement was good. I mentioned at half time that McGrath had been quiet which meant, obviously, he started to pull all the strings after the break. But despite that, we didn't really create much.

I can't actually see Dundee being in much danger this season; Cummings alone should have enough goals in him to keep them competitive. His finish for your second was excellent and completely natural.

Entertaining game overall and it's nice to feel the simmering rage coming back. 

2 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Watching Dundee play today (thanks to hesgoal BTW), reminded me of what it used to be like watching teams play in the 70s and 80s.

Unfortunately the game has moved on since those days of agricultural football.

It was like they'd won a competition to play a match against a top 6 team.

They parked the bus and got their point today.

Fair play to them - if you lack the skill go for blood and snotters, but it's disappointing not to have won the game.

We won't be facing this appalling wall of attrition every week.

Can't see any team other than Dundee going down and it's probably a good thing because it's embarassing having players like that in out top division.

Ross County can rest easy.

Anyway, as I said last week, we still have a problem in central midfield and unless we sort it we can kiss top 6 goodbye.

That's delicious.

2 points dropped in the end. As the stats show, Dees were the better team despite being down to 10 men for a large chunk of the 2nd half and conceding a dodgy pen. Not sure where the weegies confidence comes from - I thought they were pretty average and didn't bother our 10 men that much.

Edited by Chewing Taffies

2 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Watching Dundee play today (thanks to hesgoal BTW), reminded me of what it used to be like watching teams play in the 70s and 80s.

Fair play to them but it's disappointing not to have won the game.

Can't see any team other than Dundee going down and it's probably a good thing because it's embarassing having players like that in out top division.

Anyway, as I said last week, we still have a problem in central midfield and unless we sort it we can kiss top 6 goodbye.

Don't agree. The game was even before they went down to 10 men. 

I can see why the Dundee boys are so giddy after that. 

The game was there to be won for us and with the exception of a 15 minute spell at the end of the first half we were in total control. 

Bit of a worry that our substitution after the red card was a guy who had barely even played in pre season and who is predominately a defender rather than an attacker. Attacking reinforcements in the wide areas are definitely required. 

3 minutes ago, Saint Shug said:

I can see why the Dundee boys are so giddy after that. 

The game was there to be won for us and with the exception of a 15 minute spell at the end of the first half we were in total control. 

Bit of a worry that our substitution after the red card was a guy who had barely even played in pre season and who is predominately a defender rather than an attacker. Attacking reinforcements in the wide areas are definitely required. 

I thought that. Henderson was the right man to take off as he wasn't making enough of an impact. Had McAllister been on the bench I think it'd been him to come on. 

8 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Fair play to them - if you lack the skill go for blood and snotters, but it's disappointing not to have won the game.

Mate, I think

You are

Absolutely

Fuh

King

Ra

Ging

5 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

Pretty sure you fucked that one last year bud.

Since when has St Mirren been a top 6 team? This is news to me, I was under the impression it hadn't happen in about 30 odd years. Would like @oaksoft to show his working on that one

36 minutes ago, buddie06smfc said:

2 points dropped against absolute dross. We should have been comfortable in that game. Dunne is quite lackadaisical in his defending at times, if McCarthy stays he has to be playing.

31 minutes ago, billyg said:

Without doubt , a really poor result in the end for us. Too many championship jobbers in that Dundee team for them to survive !

11 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Get it right fucking up the 3 of you. I hope your Saturday nights are ruined.

10 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

St Mirren were there for the taking today before Anderson got sent off.

Apart from a wonder strike and a soft pen, they offered very little.

That has to be one of the worst refereeing performances I have seen.

What game were you watching.