Dundee FC vs St Mirren

I think the diddies will be in for a similarly tight league this time round, if not tighter still. Very tough to call who'll end up where, but it shows the importance of every point/bit of positive GD you can grind out. Even these early games are crucial.

Totally agree with this and it’s something historically we haven’t been good at. I’m hoping the lack of turnover of players this summer will allow us a faster start.

3 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Totally agree with this and it’s something historically we haven’t been good at. I’m hoping the lack of turnover of players this summer will allow us a faster start.

Goal scoring confidence is very important. You lot seem to have been scoring for fun, albeit against lower league teams.

As usual we've been creating chances, but not taking them. Despite claims that your defence is dodgy, your confidence in front of goal could be the difference between the teams.

Especially, since I'm far from convinced about our central back three.

Edited by FTOF

I’ve been really impressed with Goodwin. Looks and sounds ‘fit for his job’. Impressive CV to this point. There are a few signs McPake is on the right track now too. This is a very important game for both teams but probably more so for us, in reality avoiding defeat suits both. I think we will surprise a few opposition supporters. We’ve a system that suits our players, Adam delivers killer balls, McMullan has been a revelation but Jordan McGhee moving into midfield has been transformational. He’s a very, very good player IMO.

8 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

I’ve been really impressed with Goodwin. Looks and sounds ‘fit for his job’. Impressive CV to this point. There are a few signs McPake is on the right track now too. This is a very important game for both teams but probably more so for us, in reality avoiding defeat suits both. I think we will surprise a few opposition supporters. We’ve a system that suits our players, Adam delivers killer balls, McMullan has been a revelation but Jordan McGhee moving into midfield has been transformational. He’s a very, very good player IMO.

byrne will be a huge player for us this season him playing allows adam and mcghee the freedom to do what they do best....if he started last season we'd have given hearts a bigger run for their money.

15-8 available for a St Mirren victory this weekend. Free money IMO.

Premiership quality up against a championship standard home team 

Adventurous / speculative punters might want to double this gift with the 9-2 on offer for Hearts to beat useless Celtic. 

byrne will be a huge player for us this season him playing allows adam and mcghee the freedom to do what they do best....if he started last season we'd have given hearts a bigger run for their money.

I agree with you on this and I should have included him in my post. Byrne is a very good player in his role too. Once we found, or stumbled on, our current formation, with 5 in midfield including McGhee the rest of them suddenly looked better. Byrne makes the job of trotting about the midfield, breaking up opposition attacks then playing simple balls look easy. A proper professional.

8 minutes ago, Meeniedee said:

It's shite that Byrne won't be playing on Saturday, hope he's getting on ok with COVID.