Dundee FC vs St Mirren

9 hours ago, Doctor Sanchez said:

I'm torn between cringing more at the Weegie patter or the Maurieens rank from the other season.  

Welcome back to the big league.  Hope your patter improves before your impending relegation.  

Pipe down Weegie. 

27 minutes ago, ZingaliMan said:

Pity away fans can't get in Ken.  The Paisley Buddies will be too strong for Dundee Ken. Ken this though Charlie Adam is a top man. So I'm going Dundee 1 St Mirren 3 Ken. 

No idea who ‘Ken’ is. 

2-0 Dees.

Thank you.  

McMullan is a strange one.

When we had him on loan a few seasons ago in the championship he was really good until some Falkirk (remember them?) carthorse halfed him and he was out injured for a wee while. He was never the same player after that.

He's played against us for several teams since then and frankly he didn't really cause us many problems.

He seems to have prospered with you lot, so should be interesting to see how he fares. Recent team selection would indicate he'll be up against Dunne and Henderson, who both have a turn of pace.

We seem quite settled into our system and have strong replacements for every position in the team. Hopefully it's a good game, with us as the victors of course.

From today's Sun

JMP not happy with our incredibly professional governing bodies

"We knew the player was positive at 9am Friday. Why could the process not have started then? 

“I was told the club would be called back within half an hour this morning to be advised about the other five.

“We still haven’t received that phone call. If we’d been told we couldn’t play them, no problem with that.

“But it’s got to be dealt with by a better level of communication and a more efficient and safer way.

“Because no one told me I couldn’t play those players. Potentially I could’ve put five players on who were in close contact. But we didn’t.”

McPake is confident five will be clear for the Premiership curtain raiser at home to St Mirren.

Liam Fontaine and Charlie Adam, taken off with injuries, should be fine too.“

So looks like just the player who tested positive will miss out.

I'll leave you gents  to your pre match banter.

*Wee footnote, last St Mirren Dundee match I was at was at Love Street, Saints had a young Charlie Adam on loan who made the difference.

He'll make the difference on Saturday as well 😎

On 25/07/2021 at 00:31, buddie06smfc said:

Last time we went to Dens we had all sorts of diddies scoring hat tricks. I'd be disappointed if all of Saints' outfield players don't get a goal here.

Such was the footballing lesson Dundee were given that day, that Cody Cooke spotted his vocation and has literally retrained as a teacher now.

Reversal of the opening fixture from 2018/19 which we were rather fortunate to win 2-1 due to a defensive howler from you lot. Both had similar results in the LC group sections so this'll be the real deal.

Any Saints fan there blow a kiss to Paul McGowan for me....