English Premier League 2021/22 Season

2 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

agreed. As is the scarf wearing,  desperate attempts to appear like fans instead of owners messing about with their new play thing.

They could've at least tried to find some old scarfs from somewhere, rather than one fresh out of the club shop 

4 minutes ago, Robin.Hood said:

How many teams owners in the epl do you think are "fans" ? 

Delia Smith for one. 

In terms of nutty foreign owners trying to get in amongst it, no one will ever beat Vinnie Tan. Wearing a Cardiff shirt (which he forced them to change the colour of) on top of his shirt and tie.

Edited by Fratelli

7 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

I'm not aware of any.

It's the acting that's weird. rich c***s messing around with clubs they didn't know existed a few months before buying them is normal.

Bar Norwich yeh pretty much nobody. Surely it's in there best interest to kid on to support them since afterall they are the owners. It's what is expected now. I've no problem with them pretending as that's part of the epl

19 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

I'm not aware of any.

It's the acting that's weird. rich c***s messing around with clubs they didn't know existed a few months before buying them is normal.

I think Daniel Levy is a spurs fan, although he had been involved with other clubs  outside of Tottenham. I thought Levy owned Spurs but it is Joe Lewis, probably still counts as a "fan"

Delia is a norwich fan

Tony Bloom at Brighton (also owns Royal union St Gilloise)

Matthew Benham at Brentford (also own Midtjylland)

Steve Parish at Palace (although he has American partners , he also claims they are Palace fans...)

So 4 or 5 clubs are owned by people who claim to be life long fans.

Edited by Jim McLean's Ghost