English Premier League 2021/22 Season

56 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

What even is a "Net Zero Carbon Match"?

Its nothing but a marketing gimmick.

Considering they have 60,000 odd people going to the game using various modes of transport, most of which emit large amounts of carbon (especially those flying in from overseas from the game), its not even accurate, its not a net zero game.

13 minutes ago, Jacky1990 said:

Considering they have 60,000 odd people going to the game using various modes of transport, most of which emit large amounts of carbon (especially those flying in from overseas from the game), its not even accurate, its not a net zero game.

I wonder if they have actually said anywhere how it’s calculated? I can’t believe it really is given the energy requirements, travelling fans etc

14 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

Mark Noble has to be the most quintessentially Barclays player of all time. Brilliant contribution from him there. 

This is what he will now be remembered for, rather than the weird idea that he was ever good enough for England.

They'll obviously miss out on the Champions League on the final day, but it's pretty cool that Leicester are shaking up the monotony of their last two seasons by starting badly before becoming world class in the second half of the season.

52 minutes ago, Jacky1990 said:

It's hard to see how they'll encourage anyone who doesn't already take public transport or walk/cycle to the game to do so, especially when as you say, some of them who're visiting from overseas. Plus all the carbon offset stuff just on hosting the game and all the media coverage. How much electricity is used within a stadium with over 50,000 people and however many media with all of those Sky TV cameras. 

But anyway, this is the kind of stuff they are saying about it.

"The club has urged to fans to travel sustainably, choose plant-based food options and recycle in the stadium."

"Rather than the pie or hotdog at half-time, it'll likely be a meat free substitute. Packaging will be light and recyclable."

"carbon emissions will be reduced as much as possible with the remainder being offset through natural projects that remove emissions from the atmosphere."

"Spurs are promoting sustainability, with the planting of trees and nurturing their own vegetable plot at the training ground."

"We eat a lot of the vegetables we grow at the training ground, we've stopped drinking out of plastic bottles at the training ground. It's very real what the club do."

1 hour ago, Jambomo said:

I wonder if they have actually said anywhere how it’s calculated? I can’t believe it really is given the energy requirements, travelling fans etc

Its being done in partnership with some sustainability companies so Sky will get the calculations as best as possible. They arent making the numbers public which certainly raises red flags this is just marketing.

I will say its a noble endeavour and something we will see more of over the next few years. But i think this is more Sky looking for good PR and trying to raise more awareness rather than it actually being a net zero game.

4 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
5 minutes ago, Namond Brice said:
Chelsea have the most balanced squad and a tactically aware manager.
I make them favourites for the league.

They look more than strong enough all over the park and have done since Tuchel took over tbh.

They were slightly short up front last year imo. Lukaku is a huge signing.