English Premier League 2021/22 Season

2 minutes ago, Left Back said:

I rewound the tackle.  Didn’t really look that bad a tackle.

Yeah I watched it back a few times. He won the ball and seemed to catch him with his trailing leg. It could be argued as reckless because he wasn't in full control when he went into the tackle but there's absolutely no chance that would've been a red if Elliot hadn't been badly hurt. 

22 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

If he becomes a title winning manager it’ll prove any manager can with it with shitloads of money. He truly is hopeless.

Avram Grant was a John Terry slip away from a CL, and Di Matteo won it, so thats already been proven

8 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

Did the same, without an injury that's not a red card.  It was a foul maybe

I didn't think it was. Watched it a few times. Looked a good tackle but it just goes to show you how the most innocuous looking challenges can result in a bad injury. Terrible luck for the lad. A red card for that is a joke.

9 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Fair point Tbf but I think we all agree the quintessential diddy manager doing it over a 38 game season will eclipse that.

diddy or not, he's still one of, if not the main reason United have more than a good chance of landing Haaland, so even another potless campaign won't see him out the door next year.

1 minute ago, jimmy boo said:

I missed the bad tackle but the way Neville was going on it gave the impression it looked that bad they couldn't show a replay.

They never show replays of leg breaks these days and the way his leg was hanging there’s no way it wasn’t a bad break.  Possibly tib and fib.

Neville said himself a few times he didn’t think it was a red card.

2 minutes ago, jimmy boo said:

I missed the bad tackle but the way Neville was going on it gave the impression it looked that bad they couldn't show a replay.

the reason for no replay was the injury. Not the tackle that caused it.

1 minute ago, Meldrew said:

diddy or not, he's still one of, if not the main reason United have more than a good chance of landing Haaland, so even another potless campaign won't see him out the door next year.

The only thing landing Haaland is a big fat cheque.